1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just becuase you want it doesn't mean hot toys is short sighted. They put out one character from the franchise and after a year and a half up for sale it still had not sold out. Where marvel characters sell out in days or weeks. You can say it's becuase people didn't like the suit or it didn't look right or whatever you want. But since it would be the same people making it they have to plan that the reception for any future release would be recieved the same.

This is not about what Howard loves. It's about what sells, what marketing is available, and the way the license holders charge and aprove. Those are the largest pre-pro factors. Then it's about engineering and tooling.

They gave this franchise a shot/try with the lead character. It didn't sell well enough to justify additional resources. It's that simple.

Before you start blaming people for not pre-ordering, and how sales aren't up to par and all of that jazz, I feel like, maybe, it might be a bit of an oversight to not mention the fact that it took Howard three years to finish a product that was already in development. Three ****ing years. He goes off and teases a figure when he announces the license, showing accessories that look complete and whatever, and then, when all of the excitement ramps up, he gives people three years of nothing. You can only tolerate so many "coming soons" before you throw your hands up and say "**** this ****." I've been there with the EB Batman. I got all excited, sold off my TF Exclusive in preparation for it, and I got so sick of Bill's stupid bull**** teases, that I said "forget it" on principle alone.

With that in mind, I'd say, at the very least, we should get the damn Joker figure he already teased, but, seriously, don't go criticizing people for being pissed off at Chan. The dude doesn't give a ****. You look at the prototype pics compared to the Backstage pics from all those years ago, and you know what you'll find? The same accessories. The same damn accessories. The Arkham series had all sorts of potential for different accessories, and I'm not saying I expected his whole arsenal, but there isn't a single difference in what we got compared to what was shown.

That leads me to believe it was nothing more than an afterthought. Some project that his team could work on for 2-3 minutes here and there between sculpting all of the shiny new Iron Men. People are pissed off, and they have every right to be. It just pisses me off when any expectations of Howard that weren't meant are passed off as "the license proved itself unsuccessful, and he's a businessman," when, in actuality, the guy never had any faith in the license to begin with.

It's like I said before, I would be more interested in this line of we had some assurance that Batman won't be alone. There are so many cool characters and designs from that game that is should be easy to do this. Just my 2 cents I guess

Both sides make valid points...

However I'm leaning more with the camp that's frustrated with HTs BLATANT disregard for franchises that don't star a man in an iron suit. Like motuxs been emphasizing, it's pretty much their bread and butter, so it's really not surprising for them to continue drawing from that well. That being said, it's also not surprising that fans, who have supported this company for so many years are growing tired of them ONLY focusing on a particular brand. If you wanna blame someone? Blame Asia, a country that has a hard on for robots. I'm not kidding nor am I stereotyping an entire country. You can go to any toy store in Hong Kong or Guang Zhou, chances are, it'll be stocked with gundam, transformers, and a couple of Iron Man. It's the truth.

Motux is right in saying that HT main focus is what makes them guaranteed money...but what he left out (or maybe I missed it) is HTs main focus on Asian markets. As popular as Batman is, Iron Man is a bigger draw in Asia...because...well, he looks like a robot.

Based on that, I'm calling it now, Armored Batman (from the inevitable HT release of BvS) will sell a $#!t ton in Asia because...well, he looks like a robot.

On the flip side...I think we, as fans, have every right to complain and get salty over HT consistent iron man releases.

Unfortunately...they just don't care.

Just want to add my 2 cents here. We are looking at a video game license and not a movie license which is a different target audience. The recent Marvel overhype is making Hot Toys filthy rich. There's no denying about that and people just want more. That's why the Hasbro stuff is selling, the Japanese SHF is selling and the King Arts 1:5 Ironman helmets are on their 4th series. Ironman is crazy popular, we all get the picture.

Video game license are easier because they don't need any actor approvals. They have less priority because there's no rush to release them for promotion. I feel like Hot Toys have been catching up with the movie release dates. If I'm right they released the Captain America figure shortly after the release of Captain America The Winter Soldier movie. And they just released the new Ironman and new Captain America for Age of Ultron. Besides Marvel, there's also the new Terminator movie that they are working on. It's not just the Arkham City Batman, they've teased the Batman Returns license even earlier that Arkham City and still we got NOTHING. Not even a pre-order. I'm guessing we might see a release for AC Batman when the new game is released? Maybe?
Collecting these high end figures have been a game of patience. I'm used to it. I don't like any of the new stuff coming out. There's no room for Ironmen on my shelf and I don't like the new DC movies. I've been patiently waiting for Hot Toys to make the old movies and it's just a matter of time if we get them or not.

Think you're mad about the smaller stuff being ignored and delayed right now? Wait until the Star Wars license kicks into full gear. How will they have time to produce anything besides Star Wars and Marvel(A.K.A. Disney)? The only other project that will have a prayer will be BvS. I can't imagine how much pressure Warner Bros. is feeling for that movie to do good. If it somehow tanks it will put their whole DC franchise in the trash for years to come. I hope Snyder can pull it off somehow. At least they got the Batman suit right this time.

It breaks my heart that HT treat video game licenses so poorly. I see stuff like this, and I'm just like "Why, Howard!?! Whyyyyyyyyy!?!?!"

k1g50t1sbe.gif
wiiwrifutw.gif

7x1ge0w9hd.gif
N4zZqndbcR.gif

Who's the dude with pubes on his head? The other three look great.

Before you start blaming people for not pre-ordering, and how sales aren't up to par and all of that jazz, I feel like, maybe, it might be a bit of an oversight to not mention the fact that it took Howard three years to finish a product that was already in development. Three ****ing years. He goes off and teases a figure when he announces the license, showing accessories that look complete and whatever, and then, when all of the excitement ramps up, he gives people three years of nothing. You can only tolerate so many "coming soons" before you throw your hands up and say "**** this ****." I've been there with the EB Batman. I got all excited, sold off my TF Exclusive in preparation for it, and I got so sick of Bill's stupid bull**** teases, that I said "forget it" on principle alone.

With that in mind, I'd say, at the very least, we should get the damn Joker figure he already teased, but, seriously, don't go criticizing people for being pissed off at Chan. The dude doesn't give a ****. You look at the prototype pics compared to the Backstage pics from all those years ago, and you know what you'll find? The same accessories. The same damn accessories. The Arkham series had all sorts of potential for different accessories, and I'm not saying I expected his whole arsenal, but there isn't a single difference in what we got compared to what was shown.

That leads me to believe it was nothing more than an afterthought. Some project that his team could work on for 2-3 minutes here and there between sculpting all of the shiny new Iron Men. People are pissed off, and they have every right to be. It just pisses me off when any expectations of Howard that weren't meant are passed off as "the license proved itself unsuccessful, and he's a businessman," when, in actuality, the guy never had any faith in the license to begin with.

Well said. Repped.

It breaks my heart that HT treat video game licenses so poorly. I see stuff like this, and I'm just like "Why, Howard!?! Whyyyyyyyyy!?!?!"

k1g50t1sbe.gif
wiiwrifutw.gif

7x1ge0w9hd.gif
N4zZqndbcR.gif

:exactly: well they know anything batman sells, I just hope they take the license of Arkham Knight and give us a proper figure line

Didn't Howard already say no to Catwoman since he didn't like the look of her in Arkham City or something stupid? :lol

I would love if they did Arkham Knight Nightwing and Catwoman at the least.

After seeing the Batman PF from Sideshow, I may just cancel my HT Batman and get the PF now. Doesn't seem like HT has anything else in the pipeline for the next year or so between Avengers and Iron Man. Not to mention SW7, BVS, Cap 3 and other films which would get priority.

Well, there is the Gotham Knight Batman later this year, is no one else interested in that?

Back