1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont understand why you didn't use the Kaiyodo chest armor. It's far better. Perfect paintjob on the mask, good job copying Sideshow's gunmetal!

It's the sidesow ANH chest armor repainted that i used which is identical in shape and size to the kaiyodo armor. One of the few things sideshow done well along with the suit. Granted the sculpt and detail on the kaiyodo armor is the more accurate but i just prefer hard plastic to the vinyl. I might revisit it again at some point

It's the sidesow ANH chest armor repainted that i used which is identical in shape and size to the kaiyodo armor. One of the few things sideshow done well along with the suit. Granted the sculpt and detail on the kaiyodo armor is the more accurate but i just prefer hard plastic to the vinyl. I might revisit it again at some point

So is that the SSC ANH suit also?

And summarize, you used:

Kaiyodo mask
Kaiyodo gloves
SSC DX dome
SSC ANH chest armor
SSC ANH suit (?)
SSC DX cod, belt, chestbox
SSC DX boots/cape/rest?

So is that the SSC ANH suit also?

And summarize, you used:

Kaiyodo mask
Kaiyodo gloves
SSC DX dome
SSC ANH chest armor
SSC ANH suit (?)
SSC DX cod, belt, chestbox
SSC DX boots/cape/rest?

Yes sideshow ANH suit and chest armor,or kaiyodo armor if you want more accurate. I wouldn't use the boots or shin guards off the DX, way over scaled. Kaiyodo boots and shin guards are easy enough to customise and look far better scale wise. Everything else is from the DX. In my opinion your starting point should be the base body. If you have or can get both SSC vader bodies, bashing them together will give you an excellent scaled vader. Top half the DX and mid down the ANH

Yes sideshow ANH suit and chest armor,or kaiyodo armor if you want more accurate. I wouldn't use the boots or shin guards off the DX, way over scaled. Kaiyodo boots and shin guards are easy enough to customise and look far better scale wise. Everything else is from the DX. In my opinion your starting point should be the base body. If you have or can get both SSC vader bodies, bashing them together will give you an excellent scaled vader. Top half the DX and mid down the ANH

So I'd need to buy a SSC ANH Vader, a SSC DX/ROTJ Vader and a Kaiyodo Vader model. That's roughly $500 worth, then the labor of love in putting it all together.:gah::lol

It's amazing that even HT can't seem to nail Vader though, so maybe it is worth the $$$ and effort. Yours looks great.

So I'd need to buy a SSC ANH Vader, a SSC DX/ROTJ Vader and a Kaiyodo Vader model. That's roughly $500 worth, then the labor of love in putting it all together.:gah::lol

It's amazing that even HT can't seem to nail Vader though, so maybe it is worth the $$$ and effort. Yours looks great.

Damn!!, $500++ is the cost for the perfect vader.. But after seeing matrix vader, it's totally worth it in my opinion.. That vader is BEAUUUUTIFUL!

You can buy parts instead of full figures... Unless of course you want to use the other parts to make two other fugly Vaders. ;)

You can buy parts instead of full figures... Unless of course you want to use the other parts to make two other fugly Vaders. ;)

That would be.. interesting. Throw a Medi Vader in for good measure! xD

The Hasbro dome on Medi Mask on unmodded ANH Sideshow body with SS ESB/ROTJ and gloves and Medi cape and boots. And Sideshow ESB shoulder armor and Medi chest/and belt stuff. And ANH vader codpiece. AND Medi jumpsuit. XD Dat medi jumpsuit on Sideshow ANH body would be LEGENDARY.

You guys are crazy. In a good way :cuckoo:

Have you ever considered that Sideshow, HT etc. might deliberately making their Vaders with small flaws so that certain people will keep buying new versions? :lecture

It is really inspiring seeing the work done in these threads.

Damn!!, $500++ is the cost for the perfect vader.. But after seeing matrix vader, it's totally worth it in my opinion.. That vader is BEAUUUUTIFUL!

Yeah, I think I'll wait to see the in-hand pics of the HT Vader before I go down that road. It's the reason I made my $25 Vader - to have in the background until I can get a better understanding of what HT will deliver. The HT proto looks "just okay" at this point, but it's possible it could be tweaked and be great. It's like HT Ben - do you spend $400+ to customize the SSC Ben, or wait to see what the HT final product looks like?

I'm hoping Eczamurai will sell casts of his amazing Vader facemask. Once you have the the mask right, the rest isn't hugely hard. Matrix's key assets are the Kaiyodo mask and the SSC ANH suit. They are both incredibly accurate.

Not the ones you need, at least easily. Yeah, you can buy the ROTJ DX chest box for $100 and the dome (w/mask) for another $50+ but where's that going to get you? $600 instead of $500? Then... what if you get 8 of the 12 items and can't get the other four? You can get gloves, boots etc. pretty easily but it's somewhat rare to see things like the ANH jumpsuit.

Yeah I just received an old ANH Vader today which I was hoping to fix up and customize....but looking at the awesome jumpsuit it comes with I have to admit it's very tempting to use it on my ROTJ Vader instead!

It is just feels and looks miles better than the other one.

Back