1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matrix, are those sideshow shin guards you used? And is that the sideshow ANH suit or is it custom?

Yes it's the sideshow ANH suit and the chest armor as well, which to my eye is better scaled. Shin guards and boots are from the kaiyodo kit,again better scaled to 1/6. Boots have been fitted with joints for full articulation

Almost finished resculpting. Just need to smooth it all down a bit to make sure there are as few irregularities as possible. I'm satisfied with it!

20150127_193257.jpg

View attachment 161635 Although far from perfect the sideshow helmet works pretty well. I shaved the flare down a little as it's way too long stock. It's fitted to the mask with magnets. I do have the hasbro dome but feel it's a little to big to my eye. It works better for ANH vader

I suggest repainting his dome the same way you did the mask. Just to make it looks more like one piece! Looks great! Terrific paint job!!!!!!

Only thing kind of bugging me about that Kaiyodo mask is the right side of the face being a bit wider than the left. I know the mask is supposed to be fairly asymetrical, but that's one of those things that would still get on my nerves after awhile I think.

Although I suppose with the helmet on it's not quite as noticeable. And the better proportions everywhere else compared to the SSC mask probably make it worthwhile in the end...

Only thing kind of bugging me about that Kaiyodo mask is the right side of the face being a bit wider than the left. I know the mask is supposed to be fairly asymetrical, but that's one of those things that would still get on my nerves after awhile I think.

Although I suppose with the helmet on it's not quite as noticeable. And the better proportions everywhere else compared to the SSC mask probably make it worthwhile in the end...

maxresdefault.jpg

As crooked as it gets.

Almost finished resculpting. Just need to smooth it all down a bit to make sure there are as few irregularities as possible. I'm satisfied with it!

View attachment 161670

Would love to try some of the mods your doing to yours but vinyl is hard to manipulate and stay in the position we want. Would have to use some kind of hard resin inside the mask

I've never modded a figure before so I need some insights from you pro's...

How difficult is it to replace Vader's stock midsection with a regular TT body's midsection?

Is it a lot of dremel work or just a couple of screws or do they snap together like lego?

Back