1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does seem to work really well.

So what body did you use for that, because it looks perfect. I was considering one of the tall COO muscle bodies, but I can't tell if the shoulders are going to be wide enough for Vader or not.

Because the standard body I have definitely doesn't work.
I bought a dx Vader body and swapped the ANH to it, despite the height still being wrong the overall proportions are a lot better, be warned its not just a straight swap ie: hand, feet, neck sockets are different on both, and the belts etc struggle to fit around the waist and shoulders

Would anyone know if the medicom vader gloves might work on this figure or are they way under scaled? Would love to do the iconic pose with him holding his belt

You could always use the SSC DX oven mitts - get some 1/6 cookies to place in front of him for a sort of a "proud chef" pose with hands on the belt.

Would anyone know if the medicom vader gloves might work on this figure or are they way under scaled? Would love to do the iconic pose with him holding his belt

I don't I have those gloves they do look to small. on these Kaiyodo gloves. did you put any wrist pegs in yours I was wondering if there was a way

I don't I have those gloves they do look to small. on these Kaiyodo gloves. did you put any wrist pegs in yours I was wondering if there was a way

I used a set of trooper hands cut down and glued in. No real need for them really as they stay on tight enough without them. Will have to make custom gloves for the belt. My idea is to use bendy hands inside gloves as a starting point. Also want to put a custom light up saber into the kaiyodo hilt

I used a set of trooper hands cut down and glued in. No real need for them really as they stay on tight enough without them. Will have to make custom gloves for the belt. My idea is to use bendy hands inside gloves as a starting point. Also want to put a custom light up saber into the kaiyodo hilt

I cut out the whole light saber hilt all together might by an extra pair of vader gloves and us those joints.

I bought a dx Vader body and swapped the ANH to it, despite the height still being wrong the overall proportions are a lot better, be warned its not just a straight swap ie: hand, feet, neck sockets are different on both, and the belts etc struggle to fit around the waist and shoulders

I noticed that. so how did you get the ssc a new hope vader gloves to fit on the dlx body

what size magnets did you get for the helmet. and how much did you cut off the back of the helmet any pics of what you done as I know I need to do that and don't want to mess it up thanks ed

what size magnets did you get for the helmet. and how much did you cut off the back of the helmet any pics of what you done as I know I need to do that and don't want to mess it up thanks ed

This is how i shortened the helmet down.I put some maskin tape around,about 1-2mm up from the base. Get a sheet of fine sandpaper and make sure it's on a flat surface then going in circular movement sand down to the bottom of the maskin tape. Take your time when doing it. Use a sheet of superfine sandpaper after for smoother finish if you like. I used a couple of magnets from an old sideshow box,glue one under the roof of the facemask before you put the head in. Drop the other magnet on top. put the helmet on top and using a cutting of foam(an old mouse mat comes in handy here) glue a piece inside the top of the helmet to give you the desired height you want the helmet to sit over the eyes. Put a little drop of glue on the magnet and sit the dome down in position
View attachment 163303View attachment 163304

35i0mky.jpg

finished resculpting.

Back