1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more pics in some better light.

View attachment 176335

I was looking at these on the phone and couldn't wait to see them on a bigger screen. What stellar work. Better than SSC and HT, and to me even has a better ANH vibe than the Kaiyodo.:clap

Love this, want this, though the Hasbro dome will be the way to go. The SSC dome just looks a little undersized to me in these pics.

I was looking at these on the phone and couldn't wait to see them on a bigger screen. What stellar work. Better than SSC and HT, and to me even has a better ANH vibe than the Kaiyodo.:clap

Love this, want this, though the Hasbro dome will be the way to go. The SSC dome just looks a little undersized to me in these pics.

Thanks. And yeah I do like the Hasbro dome a lot better, but the only one I have was already modded for ANH so wouldn't really work here. I might have to pick up a second one at some point though to use for this Vader.

Took some more pics of just the helmet:

vaders.jpg

IMAG3475 (700x597).jpg

IMAG3468 (555x800).jpg

And here it is with the Hasbro dome. It's not really a great match though, since the dome has been painted a more matte color and given the widow's peak for ANH. Plus I still clearly need to thin those extra thick edges.

vaders2.jpg

The ANH dome rim should be rather thick compared to ESB that is a lot thinner and RotJ that is the thinnest. If that's the area you meant. So there's no need to slim that.

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this here. It is kinda in line with what you guys have been doing with the Kaiyodo kit since this has parts from it just heavily modified. No need to start a thread just for a few pics.

IMG_9552_zpsgct5e7mo.jpg

IMG_9543_zpsbmrobvup.jpg

IMG_9519_zpsl1z5hwfj.jpg

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this here. It is kinda in line with what you guys have been doing with the Kaiyodo kit since this has parts from it just heavily modified. No need to start a thread just for a few pics.

IMG_9552_zpsgct5e7mo.jpg

IMG_9543_zpsbmrobvup.jpg

IMG_9519_zpsl1z5hwfj.jpg
Just saw that on FB very nice, dome a tad low for my taste but overall very ANH

Took some more pics of just the helmet:

View attachment 177266

View attachment 177267

View attachment 177269

And here it is with the Hasbro dome. It's not really a great match though, since the dome has been painted a more matte color and given the widow's peak for ANH. Plus I still clearly need to thin those extra thick edges.

View attachment 177268
Awesome, pure art, pure art! This is VADER! I think you have to do the entire armor parts with your hands! Vader is in your hands! Thanks for sharing!

Back