1/6 SWToys FS061 Miss Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A. Breast reduction
B. Neck mod
C. Wristwatch from damtoys
D. Repaint holsters
E. Repaint/weather both tanktops
F. Replace boots for Scarlet Witch boots (cheap on ali)
G. Add over shoulder strap from random scrap material.
H. Make custom bandages from old covid masks + paint blood on them
I. Replace pants for Khaki ones + retailor + weathering
J. Add a black belt on her trousers
K. Make a bundle of rope
L. Make loops for the rope and the ice axe out of some metal wire
M. Replace ice axe for MT Toys one + weathering + bandages on handle
N. Replace the stick of the torch for a real stick from the garden
O. Replace radio for MT one
P. I probably forgot something

Extra info
A. How to: breast reduction.
——————————————————
Step 1// take some scissors and remove the breasts. Make sure not to cut to high so it wont show.
Step 2// Either cut the breasts off from a donor body or make replacement breasts out of tissue paper, make it wet, shape it, wait for it to dry, use craft glue on it once dry
Step 3// Use electrical tape, wrap it around her, tape the breasts in place.
Step 4// take some precision scissors and cut the tape into a bra shape so it sits naturally and doesnt stick up

B. Neck mod
—————————————————
Step 1// take the neck connector and some scissors. Cut the top little ridge on top of the connector. Just so it can sit lower
Step 2// theres some excess plastic at the bottom of the connector, cut that off too so it slips inside the sculpt
Step 3// pull down the silicone neck
Step4// cut thin strips of electrical tape and wrap it around the metal skeleton until you feel like its added enough thickness. Silicone bodies for some reason have weird thin neck that get slimmer at the top. So this mod makes the neck normal width.

E. Repaint tanktops
—————————————————
I just mixed white+black+blue acrylic and blended to the colour I wanted. Dip your brush in the paint. Then wipe most of it off. Brush a thin layer of paint on top of the tanktop with your now almost dry brush. This is called drybrushing. Since it needs to look weathered you dont have to do it evenly. Then at the end put a tiny bit of black paint on your brush and go over a couple areas where dirt would build up for more weathering.

Last edited:
A. Breast reduction
B. Neck mod
D. Repaint holsters
K. Make a bundle of rope

Extra info
——————————————————
Step 1// take some scissors and remove the breasts. Make sure not to cut to high so it wont show.
Step 2// Either cut the breasts off from a donor body or make replacement breasts out of tissue paper, make it wet, shape it, wait for it to dry, use craft glue on it once dry
Step 4// take some precision scissors and cut the tape into a bra shape so it sits naturally and doesnt stick up

B. Neck mod
—————————————————
Step 1// take the neck connector and some scissors. Cut the top little ridge on top of the connector. Just so it can sit lower
Step 2// theres some excess plastic at the bottom of the connector, cut that off too so it slips inside the sculpt
Step4// cut thin strips of electrical tape and wrap it around the metal skeleton until you feel like its added enough thickness. Silicone bodies for some reason have weird thin neck that get slimmer at the top. So this mod makes the neck normal width.

E. Repaint tanktops
—————————————————
I just mixed white+black+blue acrylic and blended to the colour I wanted. Dip your brush in the paint. Then wipe most of it off. Brush a thin paint on top of the tanktop. Since it needs to look weathered you dont have to do it evenly. Then at the end put a tiny bit of black paint on your brush and go over a couple areas where dirt would build up for more weathering.
Thanks for breakdown, I love reading through how the mods are done and might do a few myself. ✨

Really nice looking figure but a pain in the ass to assemble for me at least

Attachments

• IMG_20240815_225159.jpg
    IMG_20240815_225159.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240815_225206.jpg
    IMG_20240815_225206.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240815_225211.jpg
    IMG_20240815_225211.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240815_225153.jpg
    IMG_20240815_225153.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 720592
Run you bastards! I’m coming for you all
You did a great job! If she looked anything like this, I’d buy in a heartbeat, but have no materials and nerve for modding. Master Team Lara does the job for me, I hope someone else gonna offer another option someday, especially with the new game on the horizon with unified Lara chances are high.

Btw to anyone wanting to bodyswap. Head seems to be specifically designed for seamless bodies. Seamless bodies are generally bigger than the standard plastic bodies that hot toys and third party use. So the headsculpt is in larger scale as well.

The head is a lot larger than MT’s for example. Putting it on the snowsuit it looks like a bobble head. So bodyswapping to something narrow shouldered like a hot toys body or plastic body can look a bit jarring as the head is pretty big.

Last edited:
Btw to anyone wanting to bodyswap. Head seems to be specifically designed for seamless bodies. Seamless bodies are generally bigger than the standard plastic bodies that hot toys and third party use. So the headsculpt is in larger scale as well.

The head is a lot larger than MT’s for example. Putting it on the snowsuit it looks like a bobble head. So bodyswapping to something narrow shouldered like a hot toys body or plastic body can look a bit jarring as the head is pretty big.
That’s good to know. MT Lara is pretty underscaled imo. She looks as a kid next to other figures

A little bit late to the party, but having spent more time playing around with her yesterday I must say... wow!!!✨ she is so much better than I expected! and for sure one of the best figures I have gotten this year, feels good I didnt cancel on her now.. 😅

Shes not perfect, but for the price I think she's excellent value and comes with plenty of accessories. Head sculpt is the highlight of the show for me, looks great and you can instantly tell who it is meant to be. There are several inaccuracies such as the holster/shirt colours, the breasts being too large and boots being undersized.

Thanks @niekgrijz on the neck mod, I follow his steps and imo that alone makes the proportion looks better.
1.jpg

Below are some shots I took yesterday, shes a fun one to pose :)
2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

I bought this icy base diorama a while back and finally have some use for it haha. I must say the silicone feels nice and smooth, I just hope the paint effects don't fade off too fast. Putting on the bandages were abit of a pain, but I think I got them looking ok, I don't know If I will repaint the holsters but in person they don't appear quite as pink. I did add some additional weathering in places using Tamiya weathering master kit.
5.jpg

6.jpg

Swtoys have done well with this figure (for now lol, the Jill was abit of a disaster, but it gives me better hope for their Triss that's supposedly coming out the end of the year). Minor gripes aside, overall a really nice piece and so glad to have some sort of Tomb Raider representation in my collection :)
7.jpg

8.jpg

Worked on it all day, using the last bit of sunlight to photograph the results.

This quickly turned into one of my favorite figures ever. The 2013 game was always so important to me. My comfort game. Love the survivor aesthetic. This tops the MT figure for me.

View attachment 720421View attachment 720422View attachment 720424View attachment 720430
Wow, easily one of the best looking Lara’s I’ve seen. You really did an amazing job making her look accurate. I’m still waiting on mine to show up, but I’ll definitely be following along with what you did.

A. Breast reduction
B. Neck mod
D. Repaint holsters
K. Make a bundle of rope

Extra info
——————————————————

B. Neck mod
—————————————————

E. Repaint tanktops
—————————————————
I just mixed white+black+blue acrylic and blended to the colour I wanted. Dip your brush in the paint. Then wipe most of it off. Brush a thin layer of paint on top of the tanktop with your now almost dry brush. This is called drybrushing. Since it needs to look weathered you dont have to do it evenly. Then at the end put a tiny bit of black paint on your brush and go over a couple areas where dirt would build up for more weathering.
Do you have any advice on how you weathered the pants? I have an extra pair of the khaki MT pants that I’m planning to use. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any advice on how you weathered the pants? I have an extra pair of the khaki MT pants that I’m planning to use. Advice would be greatly appreciated.
I looked very closely at references in game and cut holes in the pants based on that. The pants in game are pretty dark, so I first mixed acrylic paint to get the right colour of khaki brown. Advice, Dont make it too dark. You can always go darker, but you cant go lighter.

First I applied the paint in a drybrushing technique, basically first dunk a large brush in paint. Then wipe it off until almost dry. Then lightly brush the pants so you get an even coat.

Then I used an array of dark brown and blacks. Using drybrushing again, just sprinkle it here and there. Look closely at the references to see where the most dirt would naturally build up and apply to the pants accordingly.

I mixed brown and bright red to get a dried up blood color and applied it around the cuts in her trousers. And flicked the paintbrush for some splatter effects.

Then also used some brown and black pastel chalk dust and applied that to the visible parts of the leg under the cuts in her pants. And applied it on the edges of all the cuts to make them look more like real cuts. And you can apply some on her knees and some other places to get that weathered look.

I just winged it, most important part is just to look very closely to the reference and dont go overboard because when you weather too much or too dark it can look fake real fast. It’s important to keep it natural looking so looking at a good reference is key.

Often times I use references from cosplay guides or even cosplayers themselves. It’s always hard to find in game screenshots with a neutral light and details are often washed out. But these cosplayers have professional photographers take their pictures outdoors in natural light and that really helps to get a clear view of all the details and the right colors.

Last edited:
Lol i only just noticed all the bruises and weathering had rubbed off my figure. Probably from dressing and undressing her. I think its just smeared. And the arms do look dirty still from it being spread out, but hey that just adds to the battle damage effects. So no, those bruises especially don’t hold up so be careful handling it if you wanna keep them intact.

A little bit late to the party, but having spent more time playing around with her yesterday I must say... wow!!!✨ she is so much better than I expected! and for sure one of the best figures I have gotten this year, feels good I didnt cancel on her now.. 😅

Shes not perfect, but for the price I think she's excellent value and comes with plenty of accessories. Head sculpt is the highlight of the show for me, looks great and you can instantly tell who it is meant to be. There are several inaccuracies such as the holster/shirt colours, the breasts being too large and boots being undersized.

Thanks @niekgrijz on the neck mod, I follow his steps and imo that alone makes the proportion looks better.
View attachment 720793

Below are some shots I took yesterday, shes a fun one to pose :)
View attachment 720794
View attachment 720796
View attachment 720795

I bought this icy base diorama a while back and finally have some use for it haha. I must say the silicone feels nice and smooth, I just hope the paint effects don't fade off too fast. Putting on the bandages were abit of a pain, but I think I got them looking ok, I don't know If I will repaint the holsters but in person they don't appear quite as pink. I did add some additional weathering in places using Tamiya weathering master kit.
View attachment 720797
View attachment 720799

Swtoys have done well with this figure (for now lol, the Jill was abit of a disaster, but it gives me better hope for their Triss that's supposedly coming out the end of the year). Minor gripes aside, overall a really nice piece and so glad to have some sort of Tomb Raider representation in my collection :)
View attachment 720800
View attachment 720801

Great pics but they really highlight how stupid looking that chest area looks 🤣

Back