Alien: Romulus (2024) figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000027161.jpg
1000027160.jpg
1000027159.jpg

1000027171.jpg

It's a cool design, but it's clear that they either don't understand or don't want to fully follow Giger's "biomechanics". You can tell how all the ridges and tubing have been made to look more organic and less mechanic. The lips and facias tendons are especially noticeable, as they have kept the more rubbery/fleshy look of the latter designs instead of the translucent design of the original (which was oh so more creepy).

Man, I should've become a director, as nobody seems to understand the aliens like me... :lol

But I'm going to be very happy adding this one to the collection.

I've ordered the NECA figure but I don't like the design enough to warrant getting a HT figure should they make one.

It's a cool design, but it's clear that they either don't understand or don't want to fully follow Giger's "biomechanics". You can tell how all the ridges and tubing have been made to look more organic and less mechanic. The lips and facias tendons are especially noticeable, as they have kept the more rubbery/fleshy look of the latter designs instead of the translucent design of the original (which was oh so more creepy).

Man, I should've become a director, as nobody seems to understand the aliens like me... :lol

But I'm going to be very happy adding this one to the collection.
No, you're not the only one...I absolutely detest the Resurrection and AVP 'organic' designs.

The thing they always do is have the tail sticking out of the Alien’s arse, instead of the more penile and creepy design of Giger.

The thing they always do is have the tail sticking out of the Alien’s arse, instead of the more penile and creepy design of Giger.
When did the Alien's tail ever grow from anywhere else?

Granted, the crew rigged the tail up to the suit's crotch for Brett's death in the first movie, but it was just to help it unfurl properly before the creature descends. The audience doesn't actually see where it connects.

When did the Alien's tail ever grow from anywhere else?

Granted, the crew rigged the tail up to the suit's crotch for Brett's death in the first movie, but it was just to help it unfurl properly before the creature descends. The audience doesn't actually see where it connects.

Sorry, I didn’t explain what I meant very well, in the Giger design the tail goes straight down but the Romulus design it sticks out.

If that makes any sense?!

Dang, I haven’t even been drinking! 😵‍💫

Sorry, I didn’t explain what I meant very well, in the Giger design the tail goes straight down but the Romulus design it sticks out.

If that makes any sense?!

Dang, I haven’t even been drinking! 😵‍💫
Ah, I see what you mean!

1726515777447.jpeg

The early tails continue in the same direction as the lower back instead of curving away from the body. I prefer that as well! Seems like a product of '70s monster suit logic, which I've always found charming. On a related note, it bums me out that we'll never get a Warrior or Dog Alien sculpt that replicates the suit instead of the rod puppet. Thicker limbs, droopiness, asymmetry, all that good stuff.

I wonder if the outward-curving tail is another velociraptor-ism, a product of the more '90s and '00s style of monster-making.

Back