Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

OK, thanks for clarifying!

I love the name Thanos.

Wish I named my kid that lol.

Start hanging out at comic book shops and you will want to go back to your circle of friends trust me, half the stuff people say about dceu and mcu will make you go crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

Don't think anyone outside of the comic collecting world knows or is anticipating Thanos anymore than Step-on-wolf.

And its a good bet Thanos blurs into the Ronin/Malekith baddies who are quickly forgotten.

I think the only way the average movie goers remember a villain is if a major star plays it. People will remember Hela because of Cate Blanchett.

I never found Thanos to be interesting at all anyway, but hey, that's who they are going with. I'm just saying at least they are building it up over the movies where everyone will have to come together to fight the big one.

According to the Russo bros, when asked about Thanos new look, they said that the reason he's no longer wearing his "warlord" armor is because it's of no use to him anymore, hence he doesn't need any protection.

I know a ton more people in my circle of life who could care less about SW/MCU/DC movies than I do who care about them.

Most people I know only care about making money, their kids activities and working out to look good.

Yeah, but geeks DO rule now. Cosplayers are featured on news sites. Movies with major, global premieres. Entire serious articles discussing everything from the possible logistics of the Winter Soldier's metal arm to Tony's psychological state to the cultural importance of Black Panther and Wonder Woman.

Multiple cons all over the U.S. The movies have changed public perception a lot re comic based films. I mean, Star Wars is like cultural icons but the folks immediately around me may or may not be excited about an upcoming release. But in the end they'll go see the films. They know who BB-8 is.

Not like poor Universal that crashed and burned this year w. its Mummy reboot - at least in the U.S. I don't know anyone who cared about that one.

I am confused on the whole Disney/Universal relationship, Marvel comics are prominent at Islands of Adventure, but Mcu characters likeness is all over the Universal stores which was odd to me but MCU's is very minimal at Disney stores and more than anything feature kids Marvel merch. I just went to the parks two weeks ago and Universal is for grown up nerds, even their stores sell Sideshow/Hot Toys figures, Not to mention how their rides are way over the top to Disney and i have been to disney like ten times at least. This was in Florida,
But its obvious since Disney rethemed the Tower of Tower to match GOTG, but i dont know if its a city thing. Many people will want to flock to disney in florida thinking oh yeah sure marvel heaven, but seriously head over to universal to find the movie replica props and excellent merch
760d4b525b4f7c94369fca82a9bd7adb.jpg

Ok saw the trailer

Don't want it to get blocked so just go on YouTube

Pretty cool :clap

I always thought Thanos looked silly, but then if they changed his look, people will be whining that's not how he's suppose to look.

Is the camo pants/sleeveless-t his look in the comics? They've done a pretty good job of advancing the comic book costumes into live action outfits...

I love all things comics and they don't ever tire me out, but between JL and Avengers trailer, I honestly like JL. Not sure why people are saying DC is rushing when their trinity is all you need. People forget that the MCU trinity of Thor, IM, and Cap all had one solo outing before Avengers. JL is no different. Sure Bats didn't get a solo film, but everyone knows his story from Burton to Nolan to Snyder. JL is pretty much Avengers where I'm certain we will lead up to Crisis or some Darkseid battle.

I never found Thanos to be interesting at all anyway, but hey, that's who they are going with. I'm just saying at least they are building it up over the movies where everyone will have to come together to fight the big one.

Seriously? A 10 year build up and hell disappear like a dark elf? That's crazy

Back