Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i placed my pre-order at cornerstorecomics.com. now i just need to get a v1 joker....

Goddamn Hot Toys hit it out of the park! I really like how the extra head and accessories sort of act like an upgrade pack for the original release Joker.

The Bank robber Joker looks amazing from those pics. Hot Toys made it worth it with the with the alternate display of both head sculpts. I've got both Jokers and the Dark Knight figure and Batmobile on order. These will be a great Christmas present to myself.

20080825085104748jpg.jpg

joker2.jpg

Wow, simply impressive.

Holy ^^^^! Now that's the Joker! Talk about a complete 180 from the first ^^^^ty sculpt! Wow! That sculpt is straight out of the interrogation room scene. The sculpt from the mask looks like it'll stay behind the mask for me.

Hey wofford29, I think Hot Toys was getting tired of your Joker sculpt bashing! :lol This ones for you bud! :D

:lol:lol No ^^^^! Where's all the 1st sculpt looks awesome people now? They can all kiss my ass!:rotfl:rotfl

edit: I also gotta say I'm happy they made the neck and body mods to allow the hunch, because I was clamoring for that as well.

Glad I waited on getting the V1 Joker. After seeing what HT did with Cannibal Jack after the initial 1st version, I simply had to wait and see an improved sculpt for an otherwise perfect Joker face sculpt. It was the only thing keeping me back from ordering that V1 in the first place. So happy HT nailed the likeness with this one...not that the first one is bad by any stretch.

:lol:lol No ^^^^! Where's all the 1st sculpt looks awesome people now? They can all kiss my ass!:rotfl:rotfl

First sculpt can still be awesome, but by the looks of it, this is even more so.

Glad I waited on getting the V1 Joker. After seeing what HT did with Cannibal Jack after the initial 1st version, I simply had to wait and see an improved sculpt for an otherwise perfect Joker face sculpt. It was the only thing keeping me back from ordering that V1 in the first place. So happy HT nailed the likeness with this one...not that the first one is bad by any stretch.

So are you never going to have the TDK Jokers 'proper' costumed version, just this one, out of interest?

edit: I also gotta say I'm happy they made the neck and body mods to allow the hunch, because I was clamoring for that as well.

:lol Well, don't make us feel bad about our $150+ investment.

Anyway, I do think the first HT Joker head sculpt is pretty much done for. The new Bank Robber figure comes with 2 freaking heads, so most people are gonna switch out the old head with the new (better) version and then use the included "clown mask head" with the Bank figure...at least, that's what I'm doing. Gonna have him posed just slightly lifting off the clown mask, enough to hide his patted-down hair.

Maybe it's the lighting of the shots, but I don't see interrogation scene in the sculpt, the mouth pose, none of it, 100% makes me think of the mob meeting but for the paint being more along the lines of the interrogation. Ledger was most the clown in the interrogation scene, just laughing it up as his puppets danced for him, but this face makes me think of the insane clown gangster that walked into the mob meeting. It'd badass either way.

I still think the v1 head has value, given the proper paint job as well. I think the way Les painted his is great and shows how nice the first head can be with a more film accurrate paint scheme. It's not a perfect likeness of Heath, but it's certainly not trash either. I'll be keeping mine. Joker's the new Jack Sparrow for me, no head is without it's worth and I'll add all the ones I like into my collection to diversify my options.

:lol Well, don't make us feel bad about our $150+ investment.

Anyway, I do think the first HT Joker head sculpt is pretty much done for. The new Bank Robber figure comes with 2 freaking heads, so most people are gonna switch out the old head with the new (better) version and then use the included "clown mask head" with the Bank figure...at least, that's what I'm doing. Gonna have him posed just slightly lifting off the clown mask, enough to hide his patted-down hair.

Feel Bad? I bought two of the original!:lol

Yep, I'll be using the new sculpt on my original Joker and be switching back and forth between masked Joker and mask holding Joker.

My first V1 Joker posed with FML head
My second V1 Joker posed with this new head
One BR Joker posed with Mask on
Second BR Joker posed with Mask half off, or completely off, with this new head

...and we're done!

Back