Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to say that with this new figure Hot Toys is stepping into Enterbay territory.

And at a more reasonable price too! I love Enterbay, but buying one of their figures requires sacrificing a limb.

If HT gave Joker and their future (human) figures 360-degree rotatable eyes, my head would explode. POP, it would.

Hey is there a huge difference between collector's grade and standard on BBTS. I read everything about it on their site, but I mean like does collector's grade come later? I know most will say it's not worth it but I figured if a site is giving you the option, might as well get the best. Anyhoo, I just don't want to wait longer if I order something from them in collector's grade.

Oh and I am a MIB collector for SOME items, and of course the item I buy in collector's grade will be MIB most likely.

Edit: Sorry it is a bit off topic but since we were talking about BBTS :)

I think this might be a big deal for a carded figure, but I doubt it'd be necessary for a boxed item.

And at a more reasonable price too! I love Enterbay, but buying one of their figures requires sacrificing a limb.

If HT gave Joker and their future (human) figures 360-degree rotatable eyes, my head would explode. POP, it would.

That doesn't seem that complicated for HT to add into their figures, their heads are already made of a softer material.

To me, collector poseable eyes like Enterbay or straight looking eyes like most makers do them is the way to go. Permanent painting eyes in a pose, while adding realism to a figure, is 90% of the time a hurting factor with a figure. The only figure I've owned where the painted posed eyes work and are almost a necessity is the Cannibal Jack Sparrow head, the face they sculpted requires the kind of eyes they painted on him. This Joker however would still look phenominal with straight forward eyes. HT really sets the bar for realistic eye paint apps amongst Sideshow, HT and Medicom.

Just ordered this from Joe as well, first time getting anything off this board, now the wait...great deal as well.

Got one from BBTS.com sold my regular Joker.(not a huge enough fan to have both versions) This one is just so much better in almost every way.

Yeah, I saw those over on Mediworld this morning, Darren found them first (as always).
joker1cr4-1.jpg

That looks almost impossibly good. Has a HT production figure ever had a paint job that complex?

haha even IF Hot Toys butchers the paint on this one.. pretty much all of our customizers including me have gotten alot of practice on joker painting..

I have never seen an HT product which didn't live up to the proto's paintjob. I see no reason to believe this figure will be any different.

That looks almost impossibly good. Has a HT production figure ever had a paint job that complex?

I have never seen an HT product which didn't live up to the proto's paintjob. I see no reason to believe this figure will be any different.

Yup, most HT paint apps live up to or exceed the prototypes. Frankly, I don't see this new Joker being all that much different in paint apps from the first Joker figure, at least in terms of application, it's more that they got the patterns corrected.

Yeah...

Now I am getting both versions to display that "normal" looking head of the V.2 on the V.1 Joker.

Damn Hot Toys has planned this from the beginning!

Yes they did but it is very much worth it. We do have to remeber like mentioned a countless amount of times that HT didn't have many refernces at the begining which is expected. I can't wait to have both of these in my collection though.:D

Bring on the Jokers! 2 down 2 to go.

Well, the Cannibal Jack was pretty complex.

Having said that, I think it's harder to make a paint job look like a real human than it is to make it look like an alien, or in this case, a person in make-up.

Back