Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I need help. Are the heads on the DC Direct, Medicom, and Hot Toys Jokers the same size/scale? I want to pick up one of the other cheaper V1 Joker bodies and put the BR head on it, but no need to pay full price for a Hot Toys if Medicom and DC Direct's clothing is the same or even better than HT!

Thanks,
CJK

No. DC's has a big ol' stupid body, and the DC head is too small. So.....

You shoulda read what I was quoting eh?

Superior....no. A little more accurate do to a scan....yes. And here we thought you were done with this stupid argument. :confused:

Superior, totally. Looks like Heath's Joker. HT's v1 doesn't come close. Proof positive in v2 Joker sculpts.

Semantics, pops? (Is 'pops' or 'old man' better for ya?) ... :D

You seem to be taking this a bit to serious. These are just action figures. I happen to own both the DCD and V1 HT Joker, and for me, after I repainted the head, the HT is better. Now this is just my preference. DCD does a nice job on the comic versions of their characters, but they have never done a great sculpt on the live actors they have done. I think the majority of the DCD 13" figures have a small head, and the crafsmanship in the HT clothes is much better than DCD. The DCD Joker does come with more knives.

I agree with most people that this doll, I mean action figure, is totally great. The details are insane! I especially like the face, it looks exactly like Heath Ledger. HOT TOYS did a really really great job on this!! I just wish it wasn't so expensive ( I am poor, ha ha ).

Yea, if all goes smoothly with my order with Joe, i think more of my orders will be with him as well, had some bad luck with Toys2 somewhat, not saying they are not good to deal with..i buy from their store,not online.. but, seems like every second figure i buy from them, the figure is missing something.

I disagree with the Bruce comments for two reasons. 1) The Bruce head isn't as good a likeness as HT is capable of, either of them, so there's room for a 3rd head to nail the look, and 2) the slick hair of the heads that come with the suited figures really only works best for going on de-cowled Batman's where it's as if he's taken the cowl off. Bruce has a fuller, more stylized hairdo than that, so to have a truly nice looking Bruce Wayne, we need a head done as he appears when he's not Batman, which I'm still hoping for. Maybe some are happy enough with the Batman included Bruce heads, but I'm holding out for better sculpt and more accurrate look on a regular Wayne figure.

i kinda have to disagre, unlike his privious movies like american pyscho or equalibirum his hair really was really flat.. watch batman begins again and you can see it especially during the meeting with mr. earle

i kinda have to disagre, unlike his privious movies like american pyscho or equalibirum his hair really was really flat.. watch batman begins again and you can see it especially during the meeting with mr. earle

It may be flatter than other roles, but the hair on the 2 heads that come with Batman figures do not represent the normal Wayne hairstyle.

DK-02756.jpg

The hair as it's done on the HT heads doesn't look right at all for the Wayne look.

ht_bb_batman8.jpg

Back