1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I have no space for 2 plus da Bumbler.

So I would probably buy it.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I have no space for 2 plus da Bumbler.

So I would probably buy it.

:exactly: I think after the 1966 Bat mobile I'm done collecting vehicles...Until they make a 1/6 scale knight Rider then I'm back in the game baby :dance

Buy now, think later. I don't think we'll see anything else that will top this anytime soon.

I wonder if AP Collectibles is going to do the same thing. They're in Indiana and I'm in Illinois, so it's not going that far. If I get it for the $29.95 shipping they quoted, I'll be pretty happy.

lol, no. If my experience with APcollectible counts for anything, 'honoring' anything they say is the last thing on their mind.

BBTS is only 50 minutes away from me and I also got the shipping price bump.

How about Green Hornet and Kato HT figures plus Black Beauty???

How about Green Hornet and Kato HT figures plus Black Beauty???

Those would fit perfectly with 66 Batman and Robin and their Batmobile.

Unless you mean the recent Green Hornet movie. :monkey4

Those would fit perfectly with 66 Batman and Robin and their Batmobile.

Unless you mean the recent Green Hornet movie. :monkey4

Oh no.... classic GH only please!!!

But did anyone actually purchase that Tumbler? I remember it sitting forever at that price.

I don't know for sure of any cases of it actually selling that high, but I'm guessing some poor fool with the money to burn (or without it) bought it anyway figuring that was the only option left....and then HT announced the rerelease.

Yeah DiFabio, I totally see HT milking this mold with a rerelease under the BR banner with just slight modifications. This way they'll get those that miss this release, AND the *extremely* hardcore completists who must have both versions of the Burtonmobile.

Poor schmucks. Luckily for me, I prefer the 89 look. That's why I'm only buying two. :lol

I'm so glad that Keaton and the Furstmobile are both forever "preserved" from having appeared in the Schumacher flicks. What a badass for rejecting a $14 million payday over it.

Michael Keaton on the Dark Days of Batman
News Simon Brew 5/16/2011 at 1:36AM
Share on printShare on emailShare on stumbleuponShare on twitterShare on facebook

Michael Keaton has been looking back at playing Batman for Tim Burton, and why he walked away from Batman Forever…

There's a really interesting interview that's appeared over at the Los Angeles Times, where Michael Keaton has been looking back at his two Batman films, and the third movie that never happened.

Specifically looking back at the 1989 Batman film, directed by Tim Burton, that pretty much transformed the cinematic value of comic book properties, Keaton recalled, "It was an extremely difficult undertaking and Tim is a shy guy, especially back then, and there was so much pressure."

He added, "There was no guarantee that any of this was going to play correctly when it was all said and done. There had never been a movie like it before. There was a lot of risk, too, with Jack looking the way he did and me stepping out in this new way. The pressure was on everybody. You could feel it."

Keaton talks about several movies in the interview, describing the mighty Beetlejuice as "incomparable". And when he turns to Batman Returns, he does concede that "It wasn't as satisfying to me when I saw it, but maybe that's because the bar was set so high on the first one."

You might recall, though, that Keaton had been expected to return to play Batman for a third time, in Batman Forever (to the point where Rene Russo had, apparently, been lined up as his love interest in the movie, a role that had to be changed). Keaton was linked with a salary of around $14m at the time, but walked away from the payday and the project.

He told the Times,"I knew we were in trouble in talks for the third one when certain people started the conversation with ‘Why does it have to be so dark?' ‘Why does he have to be so depressed?' ‘Shouldn't there be more color in this thing?' I knew I was headed for trouble and that it wasn't a road I was going to go down."

A wise move. Keaton passed the cape on to Val Kilmer for Batman Forever, who tends to be the on-screen Batman that nobody talks about.

https://www.denofgeek.us/movies/batman/17452/michael-keaton-on-the-dark-days-of-batman

Last edited:

Ordered mine with sideshow and 70 bucks off. Hope to see it by next weekend.

Keaton was an idiot for passing on 35 million dollars though. Who cares if the script was lame, who cares if the director was a 3 dollar bill that wanted nips and huge cod pieces on the suits. 35 MILLION DOLLARS in 1994?

Imagine all the Hot Toys Batmobiles you could buy with that.

Why is shipping still ridiculously expensive from ss when I am an hour away. ..so taxes, plus full retail brings me at $670..plus $100 shipping, im at $770, but deduct my $31.50 in reward points than I can use in forty days on my items I get taxed on, im at $740 give or take. Damn, my total for a single one from cornerstore was $610. No wonder ss wont let retailers charge less...

Keaton was an idiot for passing on 35 million dollars though. Who cares if the script was lame, who cares if the director was a 3 dollar bill that wanted nips and huge cod pieces on the suits. 35 MILLION DOLLARS in 1994?

Imagine all the Hot Toys Batmobiles you could buy with that.

Yea I wonder how different Forever would have been. How would Keaton have done with a sidekick? Russo instead of Kidman? Keaton, Carrey and Jones dynamic? Would have felt so different...

This is why I'm glad I jumped on BBTS as soon as pre order went up for 579...Makes the shipping increase a bit more reasonable.

Yea I wonder how different Forever would have been. How would Keaton have done with a sidekick? Russo instead of Kidman? Keaton, Carrey and Jones dynamic? Would have felt so different...

It would have been a mess, probably worse than what we got in 1995. If Keaton was refusing to recite lines in the Burton films because of all the out of character exposition imagine how he'd get along with Schumacher and Goldsman. They would have probably reached some comprise that wasn't true to either "style" and Keaton's Batman would be tainted forever (not exactly what the title of the film was going for.)

Sure it would have been cool to see Keaton in one more outing under the cowl but all we'd be left with is the Batman version of "Superman IV."

It would have been a mess, probably worse than what we got in 1995. If Keaton was refusing to recite lines in the Burton films because of all the out of character exposition imagine how he'd get along with Schumacher and Goldsman. They would have probably reached some comprise that wasn't true to either "style" and Keaton's Batman would be tainted forever (not exactly what the title of the film was going for.)

"Batman would never say, 'chicks dig the car', change it."

"Batman would never say, 'are you trying to get under my cape'."

"Batman would never attend a charity ball that auctions off super models to the highest bidder to raise money for the city/diamonds."

"Batman would never take in a 30 year old acrobat, 'boy' as a sidekick."

"Batman would never have built in ice skates."

etc. etc. etc.

Back