1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

And just like that, it suddenly makes more sense for me to go to SS instead of BBTS for my second Batmobile.

SS base price = BBTS base price (second batch) $629.99...tie

SS no packout = BBTS no packout option .....tie

SS shipping estimate = $112.79 / BBTS shipping = $84.79....winner BBTS

BUT, SS reward points offset = $31.50 worth of points, so in the end I look at it as a SS Batmobile costs $742.78 - $31.50 = $711.28 vs a BBTS Batmobile that costs $714.78.

SS wins...by $3.50 :rotfl

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I called their customer svc and got nothing as well and tried my luck with the operator instead. The operator actually looked up my order, called me by my name and told me the timeline I mentioned before. So you may have better luck with the operator instead. At least that was this morning...They may be all hands on deck at the loading dock right now wheeling the boxes of Batmobiles into their warehouse...

Not even the operator is answering. :lol

Was x1, might want x2.

Also wanted to see if they'd just charge me instead of waiting. MY BODY IS READY.

Yeah man, after seeing the in hand pics and rewatching scenes from the movie, I got the same itch to double down. To hell with logic and responsibility! This is the BATMOBILE.

I originally preordered my second through BBTS. I figure once I got my SS one, I wouldn't mind waiting for the second one to take it's sweet time to arrive if it will save me a few bucks...but now, it looks like SS is the slightly better deal.

$84.79 is still a really good price for shipping something this big.

Yea I agree. Just a little annoying that they said no changes were coming just last week. $664 shipped works for me.

They posted on facebook that their offices will be closed from 1 to 4pm today.. Not sure why

Hopefully they needed all hands on deck to unload that big assed truck with my damn Batmobile in it!:impatient: :lol

Last edited:

Bbts just email me, will get this bad *** middle of july

Got my notice from them as well. They state it will be a split shipment. Some going out mid to late July and the rest "at a later date."

Not happy about the $40 shipping increase. :mad:

Got my notice from them as well. They state it will be a split shipment. Some going out mid to late July and the rest "at a later date."

Increase isn't cool especially after they stated it wouldn't increase but at least they kept it under $100. I just want to know if I'm getting it this month or the 'later date' group. Wonder how many they'll get.

I'm not happy with it either but at least we aren't paying $630 + $100+

Looks like they're getting their shipment soon as well. :yess:

I still end up saving money with BBTS because I ordered it at $579.99. I like that the email encourages you to not leave it in the pile of loot.

I really hope nobody has any issues with this, shipping it back would be a nightmare.

that's why I am getting mine from my LCS (argh BS I buy everything from him lol)

I really hope nobody has any issues with this, shipping it back would be a nightmare.

Probably not even an option. Sideshow would probably offer partial credits for any damages incurred either by shipping or QC defects from Hot Toys. We all had better pray there are no flaws.

How in the hell does this thing make the Tumbler look small?!?

32609_521771684562486_1136711640_n.jpg

And just like that, it suddenly makes more sense for me to go to SS instead of BBTS for my second Batmobile.

SS base price = BBTS base price (second batch) $629.99...tie

SS no packout = BBTS no packout option .....tie

SS shipping estimate = $112.79 / BBTS shipping = $84.79....winner BBTS

BUT, SS reward points offset = $31.50 worth of points, so in the end I look at it as a SS Batmobile costs $742.78 - $31.50 = $711.28 vs a BBTS Batmobile that costs $714.78.

SS wins...by $3.50 :rotfl
Lololo nice and thank you !!

Man, that's just ridiculous and that's just a photo.

I bet people faint when this thing is on their door step and/or they open it up.

Back