1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly i don 't think so. As there are so few differences between the 89 and returns version and as they added all the returns features to the 89, for me they made simply à Burton version for both films. Plus if you look at the car, they mixed the Colors of certains elements of both films. ( returns paint job, 89 rims, returns nose, returns turbine exhaust, 89 gas cap...)
But who knows...

I think they will re-release since it's probably the best HT ever made so far! Besides I want all fellow collectors to have the opportunity to have this, at fair retail. This car got me into collecting.

Yeah it's a great vehicule, i love it but 89 stuff are niche products. All the 89 batmobiles made a certain time to be out of stock. I'm not sure that it was one of the best sales of HT. If you add all the QC and shipping problems and the fact that 89 and 92 batmobiles are quite identicals, i think HT have done with this Burton's batmobile.
But i'm maybe wrong...:confused:

I still love this car. With all my figures and statues, the first thing people say when they see my collection is "wow! Look at that batmobile". Just imagine the attention the real car would get you lol.

Do you know, if this ever was rereleased I think I would buy it for my Bale Batman to sit in.

batman_is_shocked.jpg

Man. I wish I jumped on this when it was first released. Especially now that I have the 89 Batman figure.

Aren't the only ones available scratched up ones?

Yeah but for the discounted price I'd be fine with that and have seen some people on here with some decent tips regarding how to make them less noticeable. The problem like I said is the cost to ship to me from BBTS.

Yeah but for the discounted price I'd be fine with that and have seen some people on here with some decent tips regarding how to make them less noticeable. The problem like I said is the cost to ship to me from BBTS.

That deal is incredibly tempting. Shipping for me is still expensive just not Canada expensive lol.

Anyone sold their Batmobile? How much was the shipping and handling alone on it???

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Never selling the Batmobile. The shipping/handling is $100+. I think that's why people were upset over the $25 or $35 flat that Sideshow was offering when they were getting damaged.

I don't want to sell mine, but I got a guy who mods cars and could mod the lighting in the batmobile to make it super realistic with more controls on what you can do, but we both are scared about the shipping alone. So i am like damn. I am stuck in the first place.

I'll never sell mine.

Even if I wanted to, the shipping would be a nightmare. It was fun and exciting unboxing it and dismantling the screws and such, but packing it back up? Forget that. Besides, years from now I bet this is a crazy sought after item. The prices for the Kenner '89 Batmobiles are ridiculous now. For awhile, the demand and prices for the Hot Wheels versions were insane too (until Hot Wheels kept rereleasing them). People love them there Batmobiles.

We'll never see something like this again, especially after how difficult it was for Hot Toys to manufacture and ship. With the price increases for petroleum and plastic, this will be one of those items that people will look back on and think, "man, they actually made that?".

I actually enjoyed un boxing this and had no choice but to pack it back up, just because I didn't want dust in this.

But I still can't find a decent Kenner Batmobile Batmissile, new in box.

You want to know what's even rarer? The hot wheels 1:50 1989 Batmobile. I spent close to 250 bucks trying to get three, out of the three two got lost in the mail.

Hot wheels has another 1:50 wave 4 due soon that should have this version again, but who knows.

Still I want to fix the led's on the dashboard for more movie accuracy, and the guy can do it, but I just thought how shipping this would be a nightmare in the first place.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Back