1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap, crap, crap... I did it. I just ordered one of the heavily discounted Batmobiles from BBTS.... there were only 10 left before I ordered. I hesitated and hemmed and hawed, but I did it... I just sold a couple of figures to make room... but it's by far the biggest thing I will have ever bought... I told the wife that from now on I will only by with money made off current figures either via selling or trading... so this may be the last thing I buy for awhile... now to clear a space....

Last edited:
It's worth it mate, you will **** after you unbox this behemoth

Haha, I can't wait. I think I have the perfect spot... right on the TV stand. Currently my center channel speaker resides there, so I might have to build a shelf for it, but I can do that. The picture is a little out of date, as I have gotten rid of all the statues and only have Hot Toys 1/6 right now, but you get the idea.

Crap, crap, crap... I did it. I just ordered one of the heavily discounted Batmobiles from BBTS.... there were only 10 left before I ordered. I hesitated and hemmed and hawed, but I did it... I just sold a couple of figures to make room... but it's by far the biggest thing I will have ever bought... I told the wife that from now on I will only by with money made off current figures either via selling or trading... so this may be the last thing I buy for awhile... now to clear a space....

You just had to post that didn't you..... I did have some hesitation since they do have some minor scratches on them, but with a $200 discount I figure I could either live with it or try to have it fixed locally. So I took the plunge also... Now there's 8 left... shipping is a bit brutal at $98 but I guess the thing is almost 3 feet long.

No Way could display that way, Would drive me up the WALL!:lol Buy a correct size shelf. That pic of car between the door does give correct impression of the size of this beauty.

Once again, these pictures don't provide any evidence that anyone actually successfully displayed it that way. I've yet to see a picture of a Toynami (or even Hot Toys) Batmobile mounted vertically on a wall like that without some arms in the picture holding it up.

You just had to post that didn't you..... I did have some hesitation since they do have some minor scratches on them, but with a $200 discount I figure I could either live with it or try to have it fixed locally. So I took the plunge also... Now there's 8 left... shipping is a bit brutal at $98 but I guess the thing is almost 3 feet long.
Haha, sorry man... shipping was $83 for me, so i get the '89 Batmobile, no tax, shipped, for $513... I can live with that!

How are you guys seeing how many are left in stock?

Also, one of the ones purchased recently was mine :D.

Me too. It is way too glossy. As i already said in returns the car was never so glossy. It is semi-gloss. Excatly what HT done on the... 89. If you look at the proto the car was really mat black but strangely the final product is semi-gloss and clearly oriented Returns. ( returns features, genéral paint job, black turbine nose, , dark turbine exhaust ). There are only the too silver rims and the fuel caps to call it 89.
And overall if you compare 89 and returns paint they aren't so different. returns is very slightly shinnier.

Just a few examples of the 89 car and the perception that light can give us on the rims. On the same shot they can appear gunmetal on set but black on the screen:

Just a few examples of the 89 car and the perception that light can give us on the rims. On the same shot they can appear gunmetal on set but black on the screen:

The Joker had quite the brand identity going on in that movie - goons wearing Joker bomber jackets, purple cars...

when you put it in your cart change the quantity to like 80 and it will reveal the real number of how many are left.

Thanks for that! It's sitting in my pile of loot at the moment, should be interesting once I decide to ship...

Back