1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never sell mine.

Even if I wanted to, the shipping would be a nightmare. It was fun and exciting unboxing it and dismantling the screws and such, but packing it back up? Forget that. Besides, years from now I bet this is a crazy sought after item. The prices for the Kenner '89 Batmobiles are ridiculous now. For awhile, the demand and prices for the Hot Wheels versions were insane too (until Hot Wheels kept rereleasing them). People love them there Batmobiles.

We'll never see something like this again, especially after how difficult it was for Hot Toys to manufacture and ship. With the price increases for petroleum and plastic, this will be one of those items that people will look back on and think, "man, they actually made that?".

I just cant wait until have all the hot toys car's in my collection. I PREY FOR THE BATWING someday is the only other 1/6 I want. I prey:pray: for a batwing.

The Batwing - YouTube

Last edited:
So I am really considering getting one of these bad boys. Just sold a few figures so I have the money... Anyone have any opinions on the scratch and dents from BBTS? $200 less than original retail, I think I can deal with whatever I get! And shipping to me is less than $100, so I'm looking at a tony bit over $500 for one of these...

Finaly i painted my wheels a second time ( yeah i know i'm mad! :panic:) The sides of tires to be exact. In fact if you look at the proto the tire is made of one piece:

But on the final product they made the tire in two parts. The tire is in gum but the side is made of plastic hard and is shinier than the rest of the tire:

So i used the Tamiya TS- 82 ( rubber mat black) to find back a gum effect:

Could this be hung from a wall without damaging it? Serious question, I don't know where else I could display such a thing. But there is a space on the wall where it would look brilliant.

Someone did it and it worked. I'll try and find the post.

The thing comes mounted on a board that you have to unscrew yourself, so there are holes in it already for it to be mounted.

No Way could display that way, Would drive me up the WALL!:lol Buy a correct size shelf. That pic of car between the door does give correct impression of the size of this beauty.

Back