1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Batbrain..you can do both, you just dont want too....hot toys are an agent of chaos..

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I think of the returns licence is revealed soon the sales on this batmobile will increase.
I don't see why they have delayed so much that licence

So how many of you have told the wife the genuine price of the Batmobile?

Baring in mind this model costs more than my first real car did 14 years ago, my wife thinks this is costing £200.... And she went nuts at that! lol.

But its ok for her to buy a pair of Christian LaBoutin (or whatever his name is) shoes at £400 that shes only worn once in 3 years! lol.

At least I will be pleasuring myself looking at that badboy every day.... erm... I mean getting pleasure from looking at it every day!!

Yeah, the wife was less than pleased. She said something like "Ok, if it costs that much, then where's my gift?!" I then got sucked into taking her to the mall and letting her go on a $600 shopping spree, meaning my batmobile is costing me double. :gah:

Because Batfans are broke !

I wonder; do you guys think that HT may have delayed the reveals of the Returns figures for this? It makes sense, in some ways. Wednesday, May whatever, we see in-hand pics of this from bloggers (providing it doesn't get delayed). The next day we see a teaser or two for Returns, and, a week later, "Face it, tiger; you hit the jackpot."

Maybe.

Half of this vehicle's features are from Batman Returns, so it'd make sense.

according to the batmobile book, those features were already there. there was a concept that it had wings for returns

Maybe.

Half of this vehicle's features are from Batman Returns, so it'd make sense.

What are the chances of HT reimproving and releasing a v2 that can split up into the Batman Returns bat-missile ver.

Is this their longest reveal to release product or has something else taken almost 3 years to release.

What are the chances of HT reimproving and releasing a v2 that can split up into the Batman Returns bat-missile ver.

Heart%2Battack.jpg

:lol

Not an accuracy nut in terms of Burton Bat, but are there any cosmetic differences between the 1989 Batmobile and the Returns batmobile?

I think the only difference (other than the features and batmissile pod feature) is the '89 Batmobile is more of a matte and in Returns it's glossy.

Ok, that doesnt really bother me. In that case I'd just wait for the Returns ver then.

I think some of the gadgets on this batmobile were only in Batman Returns, like the disk thrower and the zero turn hydraulic. So its unlikely they will make a Returns version. Its been a while since I have seen either movie though.

If they do release a Batmissile though just as is with out the side paneling, I would be all over that.

Last edited:

I'd say it's pretty slim. At the most they might release a separate Batmissile, but they'd have to sacrifice a lot of accuracy from both configurations of the vehicle to create a Batmobile that can transform into a Batmissle (2-seater to 1-seater among other things). Remember how terrible the Kenner Batmobile/Batmissle's proportions were? I figure it's about as likely as HT releasing an [accurate] Tumbler that transforms to an [accurate] Bat-Pod.

:lol

Not an accuracy nut in terms of Burton Bat, but are there any cosmetic differences between the 1989 Batmobile and the Returns batmobile?

Like DiFabio said, the paint gloss level is different, but also the shade/color is different in 89. The 89 isn't quite black, but it appears so in certain scenes depending on the lighting. The Returns one is simply gloss black. The other cosmetic differences are the wipers in Returns, and the glossy black hubcaps with silver bat centers....the hubcaps were all gun-metal in 89.

Thats a very good point. Hadnt thought of that. :panic:

Guess i'll just wait out to see the Returns offerings before deciding then.

Any new info. on the release date? It is going to make it for May or going to be delayed more.

Any new info. on the release date? It is going to make it for May or going to be delayed more.

:lecture Nope, it will be on time, maybe early. Hot Toys is well known to be the best when it comes to on time deliveries of it's products.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Sorry, i couldn't resist. I can't think of anything HT has delivered anywhere close to on time lately.

it's been really quiet for a year now, right?

Back