*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought he was pretty fly for a white guy...
Understand Captain America GIF

Interesting (and lengthy) AVP Galaxy podcast with Fede Alvarez:

It's great seeing him interviewed by superfans and getting into the nitty-gritty, including candid thoughts about the production process, how certain shots or ideas turned out, etc. Makes me want to check out the other director podcasts they've done.

Interesting (and lengthy) AVP Galaxy podcast with Fede Alvarez:

It's great seeing him interviewed by superfans and getting into the nitty-gritty, including candid thoughts about the production process, how certain shots or ideas turned out, etc. Makes me want to check out the other director podcasts they've done.

Halfway through it, and I've watched a lot of his Romulus press.

Disappointed there's no commentary on the bluray.

He's wrong about his spectrum with the mechanical alien at one end and human at the other, which gives you the hybrid in the middle.

The g***d**** alien IS a hybrid. Jeezus!
I like what he says later on about the Alien cocoon siphoning energy or matter from the ship, providing some of the biomechanical features.

But I agree, these creatures are hybrids of human and pure Alien (whatever that is) DNA. Makes one wonder where it all started... and we know where that line of thought leads. While I dislike Prometheus and Covenant for their characters and clumsy logic, I never had a problem with the idea that the Alien was created (or at least nudged along in its evolution) by an android with a god complex. Given its adaptability, "structural perfection," and mechanical features, it's hard to believe it's something that could have evolved completely organically. Then again, the mystery of not knowing is equally if not more compelling.

I like what he says later on about the Alien cocoon siphoning energy or matter from the ship, providing some of the biomechanical features.

But I agree, these creatures are hybrids of human and pure Alien (whatever that is) DNA. Makes one wonder where it all started... and we know where that line of thought leads. While I dislike Prometheus and Covenant for their characters and clumsy logic, I never had a problem with the idea that the Alien was created (or at least nudged along in its evolution) by an android with a god complex. Given its adaptability, "structural perfection," and mechanical features, it's hard to believe it's something that could have evolved completely organically. Then again, the mystery of not knowing is equally if not more compelling.

I like the God complex robot -- a machine appreciating the alien's simplicity is perfect.

I just don't like magical goo.

I would love a movie to show what the alien is in its "natural" state... what is it without being a hybrid of something? Is it anything? Or is it just a Blob-like amoeba until it hosts and starts a cycle.

Again, this is why I don't prefer Cameron's 'hive' idea. What I would have preferred in Aliens is if that planet had an indigenous species of large "insects" that had a basic hive system, and then the alien comes along and hybrids that colony -- so the alien repeats a successful system on that planet to survive, not just naturally defaulting to a terrestrial insect system.

Back