*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just add this movie to the growing list of Multiverse failures ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
After Deadpool used the TVA device to jump around to find a Wolverine who could help his world, the show spent most of its time in either his timeline, the Void or the TVA. Sure all of the characters in the Void were dumped there from other timelines/worlds but I thought utilizing a place we were introduced to in the one universally applauded MCU TV show (Loki) was a brilliant choice on the part of Reynolds & Levy. Now the need to save Deadpool's timeline in the first place in light of what happens in Loki S2 can be debated but the Loki show never mentioned "anchor beings" so I can accept that some natural occurrences that doom a timeline are outside of Loki's influence/control. Regardless, it's a Deadpool movie that's insanely fun - stop moaning about what it isn't and enjoy it for what it is!

So it's like Ryan Reynold's Free Guy but under the Marvel/Disney banner?

It's like Deadpool
thor-is-it-though.jpg

Short wolverine was so funny tho tbh. Also this movie really pushes what the mutants can do . Like finally. And the deadpool vs wolverine and Deadpool fight was hilarious

After Deadpool used the TVA device to jump around to find a Wolverine who could help his world, the show spent most of its time in either his timeline, the Void or the TVA. Sure all of the characters in the Void were dumped there from other timelines/worlds but I thought utilizing a place we were introduced to in the one universally applauded MCU TV show (Loki) was a brilliant choice on the part of Reynolds & Levy. Now the need to save Deadpool's timeline in the first place in light of what happens in Loki S2 can be debated but the Loki show never mentioned "anchor beings" so I can accept that some natural occurrences that doom a timeline are outside of Loki's influence/control. Regardless, it's a Deadpool movie that's insanely fun - stop moaning about what it isn't and enjoy it for what it is!
No way the God of stories wouldn’t notice the problem in this universe.

Marvel is now trying to save face by saying that all those posts from the X-Men actors were done as a fake out to throw the scent off the cameos we got.

So now Halle Berry showing off her Storm hair cut was a fake out as was Patrick Stewart’s post and everybody else’s.

How about this?

Keep your promise and fix the Multiverse!

It’s so bad that Kevin Feige started his career on X-Men 1 but they didn’t show up yet they had Blade return and he didn’t work on that.

Literally backwards.

But I digest lol

Now had the Fox X-Men, you know proper cameos, been in the climax of the movie in their proper costumes to match Wolverine PLUS the Blade cameo then this movie would be the best comic book movie ever made.

I was fully expecting the introduction of the sling ring being in the movie purposely there to have the X-Men walking-through the portal.

Nope.

Marvel does multiverse about as well as the secret service protects dignitaries.

Last edited:
Now had the Fox X-Men, proper cameos, been in the climax of the movie in their proper costumes to match Wolverine PLUS the Blade cameo then this movie would be the best comic book movie ever made.

I was fully expecting the introduction of the sling ring being in the movie purposely there to have the X-Men walking-through the portal.

Nope.

Marvel does multiverse about as well as the secret service protects dignitaries.
Well it’s called Deadpool & Wolverine, not Deadpool & The X-Men. Expectations lead to disappointment :lol

No way the God of stories wouldn’t notice the problem in this universe.

Marvel is now trying to save face by saying that all those posts from the X-Men actors were done as a fake out to throw the scent off the cameos we got.

So now Halle Berry showing off her Storm hair cut was a fake out as was Patrick Stewart’s post and everybody else’s.

How about this?

Keep your promise and fix the Multiverse!

It’s so bad that Kevin Feige started his career on X-Men 1 but they didn’t show up yet they had Blade return and he didn’t work on that.

Literally backwards.

But I digest lol

Now had the Fox X-Men been in the climax of the movie in their proper costumes to match Wolverine PLUS the Blade cameo then this movie would be the best comic book movie ever made.

Nope.

I didn't know anything about the Berry & Stewart posts you mentioned but if I had I still wouldn't have cared about their not appearing. Good on Marvel for faking people out - it's practically impossible to walk into a theater anymore and be surprised by what you see on the screen. I'm still laughing over Channing Tatum's insane Cajun-French accent and am SO glad I didn't know about it beforehand.

Having the X-Men show up at the end would have been too much and upstaged the leads. It was never going to happen. This movie was about replicating Reynolds's/Deadpool's raunchy success for Fox in the MCU/Disney world. That was it, full stop. Mission accomplished.

BTW, you digest? What did you eat that was so great you had to mention it in your post? :wink1:

I didn't know anything about the Berry & Stewart posts you mentioned but if I had I still wouldn't have cared about their not appearing. Good on Marvel for faking people out - it's practically impossible to walk into a theater anymore and be surprised by what you see on the screen. I'm still laughing over Channing Tatum's insane Cajun-French accent and am SO glad I didn't know about it beforehand.

Having the X-Men show up at the end would have been too much and upstaged the leads. It was never going to happen. This movie was about replicating Reynolds's/Deadpool's raunchy success for Fox in the MCU/Disney world. That was it, full stop. Mission accomplished.

BTW, you digest? What did you eat that was so great you had to mention it in your post? :wink1:
My version of “But I digress” lol

Yeah loved it as well. I’ve read enough DP comics to know what to expect and this is probably the best DP movie. It’s just so self aware and fun. Jackman is just a beast in this. Imagine him doing another serious one at this point. The cameos I wouldn’t even call cameos as 90% of them were fleshed out and had a decent amount of screen time and some of them were surprisingly moving, like X-23. It was really a love letter to the now dead Fox universe and the end credits solidified that. It was random yes but that’s DP for you.
Some highlights, yes the opening credits are brilliant and continue the tradition. DP digging up Logan. Making fun of Kevin and the multiverse. Short Logan. Dogpool. The fact that Ray Park played Toad - so happy about that! Yes Juggernaut was wasted (but he was so good in DP2). Evans seemed to be having so much fun, loved the Cap fake out. 8/10

Yeah loved it as well. I’ve read enough DP comics to know what to expect and this is probably the best DP movie. It’s just so self aware and fun. Jackman is just a beast in this. Imagine him doing another serious one at this point. The cameos I wouldn’t even call cameos as 90% of them were fleshed out and had a decent amount of screen time and some of them were surprisingly moving, like X-23. It was really a love letter to the now dead Fox universe and the end credits solidified that. It was random yes but that’s DP for you.
Some highlights, yes the opening credits are brilliant and continue the tradition. DP digging up Logan. Making fun of Kevin and the multiverse. Short Logan. Dogpool. The fact that Ray Park played Toad - so happy about that! Yes Juggernaut was wasted (but he was so good in DP2). Evans seemed to be having so much fun, loved the Cap fake out. 8/10

The end credits were possibly my favourite part. Just lovely.

Channing Tatum absolutely stole this for me. 😂

The end credits were possibly my favourite part. Just lovely.

Channing Tatum absolutely stole this for me. 😂
End credits tribute made zero sense though.

They honored the X-Men movies yet only 2 X-Men were in this movie :slap

The tribute should’ve been to Rob Liefeld’s childhood considering how many deadpools were in this lol

The tribute should’ve been to Rob Liefeld’s childhood considering how many deadpools were in this lol
It was probably more a case of, these actors don’t want to do it, or we couldn’t fit them in because it made even less sense than what we are already doing that doesn’t make sense or they asked for to much money. I went into this with zero expectations about anything except wanting a great Deadpool and Wolverine movie and it delivered.

And yes Tatum was awesome. Out of all of them I was most happily surprised to see Snipes. And Blade wasn’t even Fox. It was New Line.

Technically there was more than 2 X-Men…
  1. Wolverine
  2. X-23
  3. Gambit
  4. Psylocke
  5. Colossus
  6. Pyro
  7. Negasonic
  8. Yukio
I thought Channing would suck as gambit but he was amazing lol
Shame we never got to see his movie.

Just saw it.

Honestly was pretty annoying - just needlessly crude humour all the way through.
I agree with Jye’s views pretty much!

Useless cameos
The best part was Wolverine with helmet and Channing Tatum’s Gambit. Loved how faithful to the comics the Gambit suit was.

Agreed. If you've read the DP comics, this is like one of them come to life.
DP fixes the MCU? DP against an earth-shattering villain to rival Thanos or Loki?
The dude who fights Dr. Bong?
No. This movie was pitch-perfect for fans of the comics

Edit: Even the sexual innuendos about Thor were ripped right from the comics.
"Whoa! Check out Thor's Mjolnir!"

Back