**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's one of the refreshing elements of the new Batman movie. It feels grounded in that Batman is just a guy with a wicked suit and a crazy car in an unusual city.

It's not like Gotham breaks into puzzle pieces and the entire universe is doomed unless... he makes the right choice. Again.
IDK, this is the 3rd reboot of these Batman characters in the last what, 16 years? It looks like it'll be entertaining, but refreshing? I'm not convinced. While I can appreciate your becoming numb to the MCU formula and its seeming lack of real danger at times, at least their films aren't set in the same dreary city that's home to the same dark psychopaths. That's where these Batman reboots have gotten old for me. Maybe Bruce needs to take a cue from James Bond and go fight crime in Rome, Paris or some other new locale. But maybe not an abandoned nuclear site in Russia. :lol

This is the greatest trailer Marvel has ever put out. Second is The Avengers.
I’ve gotten into arguments at other forums trying to explain that Marvel wouldn’t give away spoilers from this trailer because they feel this trailer spoiled them too much!

I’ve gotten into arguments at other forums trying to explain that Marvel wouldn’t give away spoilers from this trailer because they feel this trailer spoiled them too much!
I feel like you can set a roadmap from a trailer. But there is always a lot more pieces to put in place. This one is just so Strange anything is possible.

IDK, this is the 3rd reboot of these Batman characters in the last what, 16 years? It looks like it'll be entertaining, but refreshing? I'm not convinced. While I can appreciate your becoming numb to the MCU formula and its seeming lack of real danger at times, at least their films aren't set in the same dreary city that's home to the same dark psychopaths. That's where these Batman reboots have gotten old for me.

True. Personally, I never saw a DCEU movie in the theater so I didn't get drenched with Batman since TDKR... which was enough for me at the time. So now I'm kind of feeling Batman again. Haven't paid much attention to him since 2012. 10 years for me. And in those 10 years I have definitely gotten MCU'd out.

O no u really posted that monster here 😂
200.gif

RE Batman V. DS

I'm interested in watching The Batman, as it's a watered down Fincher flick with a Batman coat, which is cool in and of itself. I'm mostly intrigued to see where they go from there though; I feel as I've seen it all from leaks and trailers and whatever. DS2 is the one capeflick I've been legitimately excited for in years. I've said it before, but the last flick I went to watch in the cinema was Doctor Strange. I might actually go and watch this one in the theatres too, after being absent for ~6 years. As someone who was MCU'd out years ago, I see this as pure comic book fun and best of all, it's got Sam Raimi bringing his signature touch. There's nothing that really puts me off the film and I'm genuinely excited about it. The figures too. It's pretty new for me. I haven't cared much for any pop culture things in years now. I remember when I used to keep tabs on new vidya and 2 year waits would feel like an eternity. Now they're a blink of an eye...

Marvel is clearly leading to a Young Avengers movie/show.
*goes and yells at clouds*

IDK, this is the 3rd reboot of these Batman characters in the last what, 16 years? It looks like it'll be entertaining, but refreshing? I'm not convinced. While I can appreciate your becoming numb to the MCU formula and its seeming lack of real danger at times, at least their films aren't set in the same dreary city that's home to the same dark psychopaths. That's where these Batman reboots have gotten old for me. Maybe Bruce needs to take a cue from James Bond and go fight crime in Rome, Paris or some other new locale. But maybe not an abandoned nuclear site in Russia. :lol
Batman in Rome, Paris, Vienna, Istanbul ... all of that could be cool. I think what's lacking is what others have said -- the character can become a beautiful dark fairy tale when the element of magical realism is included. Burton's had style but lacked film craft in other departments. I wonder what Del Toro could do with Poison Ivy and Clayface in a Gotham that was dark but also very beautiful instead of just dreary. Something with light.

I always envision these superhero movies that are unlikely to ever get made, like '60s Spidey. :unsure:

True. Personally, I never saw a DCEU movie in the theater so I didn't get drenched with Batman since TDKR... which was enough for me at the time. So now I'm kind of feeling Batman again. Haven't paid much attention to him since 2012. 10 years for me. And in those 10 years I have definitely gotten MCU'd out.

I gave the Nu MCU a chance but they've mostly lost me at this point; and like yourself, I have had the good fortune to avoid (albeit not completely) DCEU in theatres.

I think that's one of the refreshing elements of the new Batman movie. It feels grounded in that Batman is just a guy with a wicked suit and a crazy car in an unusual city.

It's not like Gotham breaks into puzzle pieces and the entire universe is doomed unless... he makes the right choice. Again.
Yet you’re still joining Clown in his mini hate campaign about the caped crusader running like Ezra Flash lol

Shame-Gar

Last edited:
Batman in Rome, Paris, Vienna,
They did that in a one shot. It was called Batman: The World and was basically people from each country writing a Batman story. It was... eh. I can't remember anything in particular.

Istanbul ...
Ahem.
Kangstinopole.jpg

Roman, not T*rkish, okay?

all of that could be cool. I think what's lacking is what others have said -- the character can become a beautiful dark fairy tale when the element of magical realism is included. Burton's had style but lacked film craft in other departments. I wonder what Del Toro could do with Poison Ivy and Clayface in a Gotham that was dark but also very beautiful instead of just dreary. Something with light.
Marini did something similar to that with The Dark Prince Charming.

91NSnH+jzkL.jpg

I agree on Del Toro. I don't know if he's still got the touch (Nightmare Alley was okay) and he's post some stupid nonsense on Twitter the last few years, but in top form he'd deliver some great dark fairy tale-esque stuff.

They did that in a one shot. It was called Batman: The World and was basically people from each country writing a Batman story. It was... eh. I can't remember anything in particular.
Ahem.
Kangstinopole.jpg

Roman, not T*rkish, okay?

Marini did something similar to that with The Dark Prince Charming.

91NSnH+jzkL.jpg

I agree on Del Toro. I don't know if he's still got the touch (Nightmare Alley was okay) and he's post some stupid nonsense on Twitter the last few years, but in top form he'd deliver some great dark fairy tale-esque stuff.
I want a Skopje Batman

:chase

Last edited:
BTW, if Balder is part of the Illuminati, then it is an Avengers take on the Illuminati, thus disappointing.

BTW, if Balder is part of the Illuminati, then it is an Avengers take on the Illuminati, thus disappointing.
If Balder's in it, it's just a way for Campbell to do a fun cameo with Raimi. He'd be taking over one of the Kingly roles like Bolt, Namor or Panther. It fits more than Rambeau or Carter. Comics Balder was always the more mature heir to the throne.

main-qimg-2297ddccd84d64b402047a596a3e5db3-lq

If Balder's in it, it's just a way for Campbell to do a fun cameo with Raimi. He'd be taking over one of the Kingly roles like Bolt, Namor or Panther. It fits more than Rambeau or Carter. Comics Balder was always the more mature heir to the throne.

main-qimg-2297ddccd84d64b402047a596a3e5db3-lq
But now it is simulating Avengers roles. Plus Illuminati were Earth born heroes.

But now it is simulating Avengers roles. Plus Illuminati were Earth born heroes.
Eh, not really. Like I said, King Balder would fill the same role as Panther or Namor. Both were Avengers, as was Tony. I have no problem with Kings & Queens in the Illuminati, it's randoms like Rambeau and Carter that don't fit there. Unless Carter is a proper Universal-Tier Captain Britain, but I don't think they'll go there.

Back