Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Dog to Wor-Gar cat: “You are wrong Wor-Gar cat, 2046 was a totally auteur driven vision, did you hear what I said!”

cat-slaps-dog.gif

Last edited:

Yes there is art but in the service of the needs of the studio first and foremost.

WTF???????

^This is exactly why 90% of studio movies are ****ing garbage. When the consumer honestly believes bull**** like this you gotta expect mostly crap from big budget fare.

I own some of the worst movies ever made. :yess:

Wait now that I think about it I made one of the worst movies ever made lol

:lol

BUT, at least you are the one member on this board that is NOT an armchair Director!

Some day I'm going to show up with my pro cameras and sound gear, and we'll start production on Cannibal Campout 2.

Edit - Wait! That kinda sounded like a threat, I assure you it's not. :lol

I really dont understand how the guys loving this movie dont give a crap of this flopping. Why wouldnt u be sad that ur favorite movie is failing.

For starters, I'm surprised this movie was made at all. Like those Hollywood execs (or marketing experts, whatever they were; too lazy to go back to the quote) said, who the hell finances a $155+ million R-rated Blade Runner sequel? Convential wisdom would be not to do it -- or to dumb it down, cut it to hell, and slap a PG-13 rating on top.

Somehow, that didn't happen and we got a masterpiece. The odds were stacked against this existing in the first place, let alone being a good movie if it did. And it's great.

I care about box office insofar as it affects studio confidence in future smart, artful films. But let's be honest, that's never where the money is, not unless they're made cheap. Maybe they shouldn't have been quite so secretive with the advertising for 2049, but the way they ended up playing it, we got the best experience possible. That was always going to have consequences.

Don't get me wrong, I'm telling as many people as I can to go see it -- scratch that, to support it. More active verb. At the end of the day though, there's not much left to do but take solace in the fact that those who listen will indeed see something worthwhile.

Last edited:

Oh man and they say i’m the **** stirrer lol

While I enjoy BvS because well i’m an easy going sob I am starting to come around accepting the narrative that MOS is the superior film.

Oh **** I forgot TDK. :slap

Will DiFabio ever forgive me!

Best sequels? As far as "blockbusters" go...

The Godfather Part II
The Wrath of Khan
The Bourne Supremacy
Terminator 2
The Winter Soldier
The Dark Knight
Predator 2
Tron: Legacy

Because they feel like good continuations of original stories and in many respects are better movies.

Marlon Brando > Robert DeNiro

That's for sure.

What? I didn't say originals are bad or has worse cast. :lol

WTF???????

^This is exactly why 90% of studio movies are ****ing garbage. When the consumer honestly believes bull**** like this you gotta expect mostly crap from big budget fare.

You realize you're pointing at your own statement, right?

Back