C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful bust.

oxzfdmba.jpg

nnnud4p8.jpg

rs6uttqg.jpg

5735zh3f.jpg

pbimlswr.jpg

epdnjd2e.jpg

3exjcekn.jpg

bwgzzkx2.jpg

It's no more accurate than the 1:1 piece, in that he's got very large rims around his eyes where there shouldn't be any, making them look too big and bug-eyed. You can see this pretty well in this shot. The actual prop is on the left, my old Sideshow 1:1 is on the right.

review_lifesizec3po_18.jpg

Also, the number of indentations in the "halo" around his head is wrong. That might sound like "rivet counting" but it's pretty obvious even in the photos above that the indentations to the left and right of the "horn" at the top of his head are missing in the Sideshow piece, and I can't figure out why they did that.

That said, I frankly wish that I had skipped the 1:1 (which I subsequently sold at a loss) and bought this. It's not perfect, but like the 1:1 I'm sure it's impressive in person. And the price is MUCH more reasonable.

I wasn't completely sure which thread to ask this on buttttt on the new, ridiculous "special edition" it looks as if the eyes and "eyebrows" are a bit closer to the original. Is that even possible though as it's probably the same mold? Also.......I love threepio and this bust is a must-have for me....but which one should I go for? Any suggestions from those who know more about him than I do?

I very much doubt that they've changed anything about the sculpt. It's probably just that it looks different without the weathering. As for which versions to go for, I haven't decided myself. I think we have to wait until we see some in-hand pictures of the clean version.

I wasn't completely sure which thread to ask this on buttttt on the new, ridiculous "special edition" it looks as if the eyes and "eyebrows" are a bit closer to the original. Is that even possible though as it's probably the same mold? Also.......I love threepio and this bust is a must-have for me....but which one should I go for? Any suggestions from those who know more about him than I do?

Wait for eFX to make one if you want a screen accurate one... :rotfl

For those loving Goldenrod you might enjoy this video about the Mythbusters star Adam Savage and his C-3PO protocol droid:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hce-0xeXxoQ[/ame]

I very much doubt that they've changed anything about the sculpt. It's probably just that it looks different without the weathering. As for which versions to go for, I haven't decided myself. I think we have to wait until we see some in-hand pictures of the clean version.

I think that's the best bet, you're right. I've read much of what you've said about this piece and while the decision is really up to my personal tastes, what you decide to do will definitely factor into my final decision. Thanks for all the great info!

Well, I came here to post pictures, but apparently everyone else beat me to it! I'll post two for good measure anyway, though I took them in very strong light conditions - it really, really shows its weathering. In other light it looks like everyone else's photos.

One thing though, when I took it out of the box, the Star Wars C-3PO plaque fell off... I have no issues sticking it back on, but they used too much epoxy and it's very hard to remove such that the plaque fits on nicely. I'll contact Sideshow about that. Maybe it fell off because of the cold, after all, the FedEx guy drove around with it in his van all day at -29 C...

I put the batteries in, and the eyes did not light up. They only lit up after I plugged in the adapter. Did everyone else's work on batteries alone?

Thanks for the pics. Looks good.

I should probably mention that this piece is now sold out at Sideshow. I think maybe the people who had the clean "special edition" on order opted to get this version instead. Or maybe Sideshow is having more problems with the factory. Either way, it's now on wait list. I had put off ordering because I wanted to see how the clean version would turn out, and now I'm stuck on the wait list. Kind of annoying.

I had the clean "special edition" on order, but then they said they could not produce it, and offered this one up.

I'm wondering what Sideshow will offer up for my fallen off plaque if they are sold out... Not the end of the world, just nice to get something perfect when one pays.

Yes, they did... I'd mentioned that back a few pages back. I got number 706 or something. I'm assuming they didn't build more of the limited edition weathered one, it still says it's out of 750 units.

I guess I am confused in all of this - did they actually ship clean ones out or not? I saw some pictures on here and some look clean.

Got mine in this week and took some pictures. Unfortunately, he is residing in my storage unit until some living arrangements are decided. I found someone, parading himself around as a wookie, that should keep him company. I absolutely love this bust!!! AMAZING!!

IMG_3418_zps70707058.jpg

IMG_3419_zpsa06333f1.jpg

IMG_3420_zps94641d65.jpg

IMG_3421_zpsa955fae9.jpg

IMG_3423_zps94f996a1.jpg

IMG_3424_zpsc6daa152.jpg

Back