Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I have it in me to paint every other square on the Joker's pants. But that is a noble effort. I guess I have to see it in hand to better judge what a possible dye job would do -- it might solve one set of squares and then ruin the others.

:lol
Not losing your mind.

And, YES! The Doc Holliday hat, with brim trimmed just a tad, is perfect. If you have this hat, I can repaint it to match. I have super purples to paint it with. Let me know. (Wish I had a ton of those for you guys...)
Anyway, it will fit exactly onto the heads you are getting from me.

I'm not sure I have it in me to paint every other square on the Joker's pants. But that is a noble effort. I guess I have to see it in hand to better judge what a possible dye job would do -- it might solve one set of squares and then ruin the others.

Dye won't work. You can't control the flow within the threads.
Paint can be controlled much better. Trust me, I have been through all this. The dye road leads to possible horror. :monkey4

Oh, and the bowties are all wrong. You guys need to get them to be a match for the vest in color, but with small dots or patterns on it, so as to look right. The one I see from Eighth, looks too light to me. That might could be dyed, but not in place. They need to be removed and dyed aqua blue. Dots can be painted on.

The dye road leads to possible horror. :monkey4

:monkey2

I know the dye will effect all squares, I can't target just a few. But I was hoping, if for example, an overall blue tint would bring out the purples and greens as well as mute the pink then it might work. Like I said, I have to see the colors to know how they will change with dye. I've had great success with changing colors thru dye over the years. I haven't yet had to change several colors at once in a pattern, so this will be heavily studied and tested before I would proceed.

Oh, and the bowties are all wrong. You guys need to get them to be a match for the vest in color, but with small dots or patterns on it, so as to look right. The one I see from Eighth, looks too light to me. That might could be dyed, but not in place. They need to be removed and dyed aqua blue. Dots can be painted on.

Yep, I brought that up earlier. The lime bowtie and hanky are way off. That's definitely a dye job for me. And I will try to paint the dots on it as well. Had to do that with my Billiken kit so I know what you're talking about.

But wasn't the tie and hanky more green, as opposed to the more blue-teal vest?

Good new is I got my Joker Today from abc express. Bad news is it had paint rub on the nose, but not big deal to fix just annoying on an expensive figure.

But wasn't the tie and hanky more green, as opposed to the more blue-teal vest?

Kinda, sorta. Just a tad more greenish than the aqua, but not much. I actually note in some shots it is about the same shade. Whatever the case, the tie and hanky must match. They are the same cloth. If you go green though, it isn't accurate.
Although....
If you do him in his green shirt arrangement, like he had on at Vicki Vale's, then both tie and hanky are greener. Vest is grey green also. Cool suit that one. Altogether different look and very cool to me.

Ok straight out of the box (Accept for the paint fix)

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

Thanks Ryan, you take nice clean shots...

Shirt looks good there, not lemon yellow, more orangey yellow, my fears allayed.

Def try to take more when you get a chance. :D

I'm also relieved to see the shirt is clearly orange now. Jacket and other parts looks good.

Nice pictures, thank you.

The more I see it, the more I think I'm just gonna find some teal-blue-green silk and make a new bowtie. It really needs to be bigger, poofier, and drape down further.

Actually It fits pretty good if you fold it down like and Indy fedora, but trying to keep it straight sucks.

Back