Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man her eyes alone radiate so much natural energy AD would’ve been perfect for CM.

100E45D4-A520-4100-89D4-8DDBBDF993E5.jpg

Beautiful: check
Acting chops: check
Cleavage: check
Nice Butt: check
Radiant eyes: check

I'm not sure that Johnny was making a comment on her acting there - just that two things in particular couldn't help but stand out more than anything else in her True Detective role and probably more than anything else she may have done. They were that memorable. And yes, her eyes are great too.

Yeah the only time I've seen that blue eyed chick in a movie was that San Andreas flick with Duane Johnson. And she was damn fine even running around in a generic PG-13 disaster movie.

Yeah the only time I've seen that blue eyed chick in a movie was that San Andreas flick with Duane Johnson. And she was damn fine even running around in a generic PG-13 disaster movie.

I enjoy that film. Silly, visually spectacular carnage and visually spectacular Alexandra Daddario.

Brie comparing Capt Marvel to Indy, while downplaying Ripley (and basically all other female characters who came before):

Larson compares it to seeing Indiana Jones for the first time when she was young. “I remember losing my mind,” she says. Harrison Ford’s character became her ideal. “I couldn’t think of a female equivalent,” she says. “There was Sigourney Weaver in Alien, of course, but there wasn’t enough of that spectrum of confidence and sass and a little bit of a mess, just a mix of everything. Women weren’t allowed to do that.” When she got the first draft of the Captain Marvel script, she had finally found her female Indy.

Not enough confidence and sass? Women weren’t allowed to do that? Say what?

giphy.gif

Well, to be fair to her, she's not wrong that Ripley is not a female Indiana Jones. Vastly different characters in different kinds of films. Frankly I'm amazed she mentioned Ripley - these days I get the impression they completely forget about the likes of Ripley, Sarah Connor and Captain Janeway in Star Trek and actually believe there have never been any great female characters until the past few years of social justice activism. I'm like ehhh, no, **** you people trying to take all the credit, you're doing nothing new.

Back