Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leia did Sass though.

I will give her that her boring look does perfectly match Harrison Ford’s demeaor for the last 20 years so she did find her perfect match maybe they can light one up together and fly a plane into the ground lol

Wait doesn’t she crash a plane in this movie :lol

Leia and Captain Marvel have a lot in common :lol

iFuCqjB.gif

DlHFt1z.gif

these days I get the impression they completely forget about the likes of Ripley, Sarah Connor...

...or Kill Bill, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Underworld, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Trinity in The Matrix, Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow, Hunger Games, Wonder Woman, Furiosa, etc., etc., etc.

Brie is literally the first of her kind. :cuckoo:

Well, to be fair to her, she's not wrong that Ripley is not a female Indiana Jones. Vastly different characters in different kinds of films. Frankly I'm amazed she mentioned Ripley - these days I get the impression they completely forget about the likes of Ripley, Sarah Connor and Captain Janeway in Star Trek and actually believe there have never been any great female characters until the past few years of social justice activism. I'm like ehhh, no, **** you people trying to take all the credit, you're doing nothing new.

Everything you’re saying is correct and I agree with it, but it only makes sense if she wasn’t comparing her version of Capt Marvel as the female equivalent of Indy either. They’re also vastly different characters from very different films, and that’s obvious from the trailers alone.

The part about Ripley and ‘women not being allowed to do that’ is just her doing what you talked about in your last couple of sentences, and implying she’s ‘the first.’

How about just releasing a statement that says...

“I’m proud to join a list of existing strong female movie characters with my own interpretation of what I consider that to be as the heroic Captain Marvel”

Simple.

Stop with ignoring history.

Now were things tougher for women behind the scenes in Hollywood for a very long time sure it was but some way some how those other strong female characters made their way to the screen.

Look at Valkyrie in Conan.

...or Kill Bill, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Underworld, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Trinity in The Matrix, Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow, Hunger Games, Wonder Woman, Furiosa, etc., etc., etc.

Brie is literally the first of her kind. :cuckoo:

Such is the power of Marvel.

I hope Capt Marvel and Capt America have a perfect baby. :pray:

How about just releasing a statement that says...

“I’m proud to join a list of existing strong female movie characters with my own interpretation of what I consider that to be as the heroic Captain Marvel”

Simple.

Stop with ignoring history.

Now were things tougher for women behind the scenes in Hollywood for a very long time sure it was but some way some how those other strong female characters made their way to the screen.

Look at Valkyrie in Conan.

:lecture

Exactly. They’re doing such a disservice to all the fantastic ladies that’ve come before. A line like that would be perfect to build up your own character.

And my lord, do I ever love Valeria :love

tumblr_ofhghrwWlR1s1bunio7_250.gif

Khev: “How could Brie be jamming previous strong female characters if she don't know...that we love strong female characters...Break off the CM confidence the silliness is still up!”

a-dev: “I get no reading are you sure!”

Khev: “Pull up your T2 blurays ALL MEN pull up your T2 blurays!”

“Come on, Russos, old buddy, don't let me down!”

Brie comparing Capt Marvel to Indy, while downplaying Ripley (and basically all other female characters who came before):
Larson compares it to seeing Indiana Jones for the first time when she was young. “I remember losing my mind,” she says. Harrison Ford’s character became her ideal. “I couldn’t think of a female equivalent,” she says. “There was Sigourney Weaver in Alien, of course, but there wasn’t enough of that spectrum of confidence and sass and a little bit of a mess, just a mix of everything. Women weren’t allowed to do that.” When she got the first draft of the Captain Marvel script, she had finally found her female Indy.

Not enough confidence and sass? Women weren’t allowed to do that? Say what?
source.gif

Brie Larson is just a dumb SJW bimbo.

I mean if that isn’t the quintessential bad ass sassy female I don’t know what is.

It was actually showing a female doing an action that actually couldn’t have been done in the era Raiders took place in.

But i’ll still be there for CM opening night first show so whatever I don’t let this stuff bother me whatsoever other than making me jokingly complain in a forum because I got too much real life bs problems to worry about like trying to get over this horrendous flu I got going on with me my wife and son.

Khev: “How could Brie be jamming previous strong female characters if she don't know...that we love strong female characters...Break off the CM confidence the silliness is still up!”

a-dev: “I get no reading are you sure!”

Khev: “Pull up your T2 blurays ALL MEN pull up your T2 blurays!”

“Come on, Russos, old buddy, don't let me down!”

:lol Silly old Brie.

I wasn't even counting chicks in her own parent studio like Black Widow, Rey, Jyn, Qi'ra, lol.

See when you say “ruining” that’s not being savvy to how Corporate America works.

Forget the actresses they only have partial say in their statement if any at all that stuff has to get approval thru multiple legal agencies from her reps and the studios.

If I were to tell my MCU liking teen neices right now that Brie is pulling a fast one on them by ignoring so many other previous female action leads from the 80’s they would immediately say “Umm sure creepy uncle who cares about those old movies female representation is working under a whole new set of rules”

There is nothing for Hollywood to ruin they have already earned huge earnings off our beloved Ripley, Marion and Sarah a billion fold already they don’t care about leaving out parts of history because the shareholders are focussed on selling my nieces the now even if they are disrespecting their own industry by neglecting to bring up the previous female action stars.

Ok so in Brie’s eyes she’s the first. Good for her that’s the reality she operates in. Shame on my nieces for not caring about the previous female action heroes but that’s on them not on Brie’s big talent agency they’re just being corporate america.

My nieces would never watch T1/T2 Aliens etc.

Hell even Grace recently said while she doesn’t like the female push coming from CM she’s actually starting to appreciate it.

So in typical Grace fashion she contradicts herself again for the millionth time lol

Last edited:
Brie is pulling a fast one on them by ignoring so many other previous female action leads from the 80’s

That's the thing though it's not even the 80's she's literally dismissing current year icons like Gadot WW and Robbie HQ. How the hell can she do that with a straight face (oh yeah, because it's her only face, lol.) I mean imagine if Jack Snyder bragged about the JL finally bringing superheroes together in a shared universe or if 2010 Tim Burton said that he was grateful that his Alice in Wonderland finally showed people what 3D could do, lol.

And this feller

I just watched an interview with the new Crumb from IX she said she’s happy to be the first sassy alien to maniacally laugh at captured prisoners in the presence of her Hutt master.

That's the thing though it's not even the 80's she's literally dismissing current year icons like Gadot WW and Robbie HQ. How the hell can she do that with a straight face (oh yeah, because it's her only face, lol.) I mean imagine if Jack Snyder bragged about the JL finally bringing superheroes together in a shared universe or if 2010 Tim Burton said that he was grateful that his Alice in Wonderland finally showed people what 3D could do, lol.

Wasn’t Brie in charge in her Kong movie just a few years ago lol

Back