Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave Stephan.....

latest

Well my friends, I may not be coming to Celebration this year. I may be out of the country, but I won't know for sure until mid-February, at which point I just feel it'll be too late to do Celebration. I'm not even sure if tickets will still be available at that point, and everyone will already have their hotels figured out. So, it's just not looking good. :(

Well my friends, I may not be coming to Celebration this year. I may be out of the country, but I won't know for sure until mid-February, at which point I just feel it'll be too late to do Celebration. I'm not even sure if tickets will still be available at that point, and everyone will already have their hotels figured out. So, it's just not looking good. :(

A few of us have houses you can fit in with us if needed. Don't worry about that.

If you find you can make it, we will work it out ! Just try to make it ! :)

I was at Denver
Both Indianapolis
Two Orlando
I didn't know that! Perhaps our paths crossed in Denver... Why didn't you to to LA?

Why do you feel c4 was so bad?
Um, cuz it was? :dunno Let's see:
1) There was NOTHING to celebrate. No movie, no TV show to promote. Nada.
2) The programming was SEVERELY lacking. Kershner was the only awesome panel they had! It felt like the "Robot Chicken/Family Guy" convention! They repeated those panels over and over and over, cuz there was nothing else going on!
3) There wasn't much nighttime programming, other than Opening Ceremonies (which got F'd up for many due to the bomb threat), and the OT on the big screen the night BEFORE the convention started, and you had to PAY EXTRA for it!
4) There wasn't much within walking distance of the convention center. Most of the hotels were far away, so you had to take the bus, and there weren't any restaurants around.
5) There weren't many big name guests, other than Kershner and Fisher.

I stand by my statement. CIV was the worst Celebration, hands down! :lecture

You're just mad that it wasn't held in Spew-waukee. :lol
I don't want it in Milwaukee. I like to leave town on vacation. I don't want to commute from home. That wouldn't be fun... Chicago would be acceptable to me, of course, but that will never happen now that Disney owns it. They will stay near Disney Parks from now on, guaranteed. I will totally go to France for the next Celebration Europe. I had such a great time in Germany, I will definitely go to France.

Meh, fury, punkg and I are used to kenben complaining about everything now. Spend 4 days in Orlando with the whiny beep! :lol
Kenbenobi :thwak UTtoyfan

Crap there goes one print to flip:rotfl
How can you flip it, if he's not there to sell it? Or is he selling it online?

I'm over gibby. I got me a new man that'll be with me there: ELI26! :panic::panic:
fury can teach you a few things. I hope Eli is prepared for an al raping...

When they released the DVD here I was supposed to pick up a few copies for some folks here but forgot all about it :lol....:duh
Yep, I was one of the people who requested one. FAIL! :mad:

That's no excuse! I mean, if you are out of the country, that's a valid excuse. But you can still go last minute. If you find out you aren't flying away, you can still find lodging and most likely tickets. You, sir, must go! It's the event of the century! Er, decade! Well, the event of 2015 at least!

I didn't know that! Perhaps our paths crossed in Denver... Why didn't you to to LA?

2) The programming was SEVERELY lacking. Kershner was the only awesome panel they had! It felt like the "Robot Chicken/Family Guy" convention! They repeated those panels over and over and over, cuz there was nothing else going on!
3) There wasn't much nighttime programming, other than Opening Ceremonies (which got F'd up for many due to the bomb threat), and the OT on the big screen the night BEFORE the convention started, and you had to PAY EXTRA for it!
4) There wasn't much within walking distance of the convention center. Most of the hotels were far away, so you had to take the bus, and there weren't any restaurants around.

The movies DID NOT cost extra, trust me I was there and no way in hell I would have paid extra.
There is plenty in walking distance but you have to know where to walk, but yes not a lot of budget hotels near by.

I have to agree. CIV was my first convention. I enjoyed the convention itself...

But it was poorly run, and handled.

No Really close hotels.
Financial district, and there was pretty much nothing to do after the con.
Too few restaurants.
The shuttle buses were a pain, and became MORE so when we were told that if you couldn't sit, you couldn't ride (Stormtroopers)

V and VI were much, much better. They focused more on the fans, more content came in, more guests.

Of course, VII will be even better! New movie coming out, and this time, I'll have VIP passes!

1) We celebrated the 30th anniversary of Star Wars dude ! How is that not a celebration ?
2) Programming was not great, but I won't say Oragami is any better ? :dunno
3) I found a lot to do at night ! All over the city. You need to expand your zone in places like that. AND the OT trilogy was free, I was there and have my pic to prove it !
4) I;m not one to stick to wants around the con anyway so that does not bother me. I always want those hidden gems when I can get away and I found a few at C4
5) I stood in line for Daniels and that was all. No Mark so what ? He came to the next one. It's always a crap shoot. I saw a lot of people and meeting them was great. Memorable: Tem Morrison, Matt Wood, David Prowse, Ray Park, Kenny Baker, All the ewoks, Glover, and so many more. And I was able to take pics with everyone no problem.

Maybe I am easier on these things as its about the experience and meeting people and friends to me. I don't know. We are each different and look for different things.

But I am glad I went cause I ended up not missing one domestic one since and I have all my Cantina brothers as a result.

Actually, C4 had the world premiere of the first footage from Clone Wars in a panel with Feloni and other produces, as well as Family Guy Star Wars panels with Seth MacFarlane & Seth Green, and Robot Chicken Panels with Seth Green and that crew. That was kinda cool. In fact, I enjoyed that Family Guy panel more than the actual specials. LOL

It wasn't my favorite Celebration, though. The LA Convention Center is just NOT a good venue for this kind of thing. Anaheim will be much better, as was the Orange County CC in Orlando.

Oh, and as someone who has been to all of them (though I was at C6 for just one day), trust me... the first Celebration is still the worst. :lol

This one will be awesome, though...

I've seen the floorplans for Anaheim, and the show floor is definitely bigger than ever. Our Droid Builders area in the Exhibit Hall alone is 120' x 60'. We're building a lifesize replica of the bottom of the Jawa Sandcrawler (like on the set of the original film) and will still have tons of room to spare. :google But that will be filled with a Landspeeder, Moisture Vaporators, Jawas, and areas for Droid Races. We'll also have our usual room upstairs, with over 70 droids and lots of other cool goodies. And that's just our group.

Last edited:
The movies DID NOT cost extra, trust me I was there and no way in hell I would have paid extra.
There is plenty in walking distance but you have to know where to walk, but yes not a lot of budget hotels near by.
You are correct, but so am I. Advance tickets were required for the movie marathon. I did not buy a ticket to Celebration IV, because I was volunteering. Thus, I could not order the free movie tickets while they were offered. I had to buy tickets from someone. So it wasn't free for ME... I also remember now it was all 6 movies, not just the OT...

I have to agree. CIV was my first convention. I enjoyed the convention itself...

But it was poorly run, and handled.

No Really close hotels.
Financial district, and there was pretty much nothing to do after the con.
Too few restaurants.
The shuttle buses were a pain, and became MORE so when we were told that if you couldn't sit, you couldn't ride (Stormtroopers)

V and VI were much, much better. They focused more on the fans, more content came in, more guests.

Of course, VII will be even better! New movie coming out, and this time, I'll have VIP passes!
I fully agree 1000%

JJJ, as for CIV being the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, you sure couldn't tell based on the programming. It was severely lacking when compared to any other Celebration besides the very first. So you're right, there WAS something to celebrate, but they didn't do a very good job at celebrating it... Let's not forget that Gen Con filed for bankruptcy shortly after CIV, because it was a disaster financially as well...

Back