Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real question is if they are gonna chrome destro's head or not.... i would not even consider purchasing destro unless he had a chrome head like my vintage 3 3/4 figure.

I highly doubt that Destro will be chromed. Most companies shy away from chroming statues because of the QC and flaking problems. Thinking about it, how many high end companies chrome their statues? Bowen Colossus is the only one I can think of.

We don't know that for certain. They could just be following the pattern of the 1982-83 Hasbro figures; chrome for Destro but not CC.

I like that scenario much much better the whole reason i am interested in this line is the nostalgia of the joe's from my youth.

I don't know how good it will look if Destro's head is chromed, don't know about the advances in chroming as of late, but I thought it always takes away from crisp detail.

I don't know how good it will look if Destro's head is chromed, don't know about the advances in chroming as of late, but I thought it always takes away from crisp detail.

In general i kind of have the same perception with chroming but the iconic destro figure was chromed so to me it really wouldnt be him without the chrome effect... a flat grey destro head would never cut it for me... perhaps a exclusive switch out chrome head??? (probably wishful thinking) or better yet two switch out heads one gold for pimp daddy destro ftw!!!

If they can pull it off, chrome could look awesome, but I am not against a painted head, I thought palisades did a good job with it:

Forgot they did a chrome version as well, I still think I like the reg better.

The chrome version looks like destro to me!!! Not like there is a ton of detail to worry about...(ok i think i made my point clear ill drop my chrome begging now)

I had cancelled my ex pre order, but now that I've seen the Baroness PF I'm kicking myself for it. Dunno if I can afford collecting 2 lines of PF's though, I mainly collect SW stuff.

Cobra Commander, Baroness, Snake Eyes and Destro are the GI Joe characters I want in my PF collection.

I'm with this trend of thinking, but I fighting myself on ordering Baroness. Don't want to order her just for the sake of having a complete Cobra PF setup. On the same hand the statue itself looks really good.

A good choice for a second pf line is the joes though... i dont see a ton of releases coming, i think they will be spaced out nicely.

I couldn't resist the Baroness so I placed this EX on the WL. Let's see if it converts. I would like to see Destro, Duke, Flint Hawk and Zartan come out soon. I know SSC will make Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes it's just a matter of time before those two come out. Scarlet and Lady Jaye would make for nice PFs. I also can't believe no one mentioned Serpentor. I don't collect the 12" line just statues so bring it on the PFs! :peace

I had cancelled my ex pre order, but now that I've seen the Baroness PF I'm kicking myself for it. Dunno if I can afford collecting 2 lines of PF's though, I mainly collect SW stuff.

Just stick to your guns. I used to be the same way, whenever a new piece from a line is announced, you consider back tracking and getting them all.

You'll want to back track and get them when Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Destro, etc. are announced as well.

It's part of the gig. Trust me.

After awhile, you'll learn to appreciate the line you do collect, and admire the other collectibles from photos and other collectors.

I'm trying to think of all the GI Joe PF's that would have a reasonable chance of selling 1000 units.

1. SE v1
2. SE v2
3. SE v3
4. CC (already announced)
5. Baroness (already announced)
6. Zartan
7. Firefly (even this one is iffy)
8. Destro v1
9. Destro v2
10. Scarlett
11. Storm Shadow v1
12. Storm Shadow v2
13. Duke (maybe)

So I guess if they continue at one per year they'll be at it for a while.

Back