English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another defeat for United,
https://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/295690/report

Wigan could be going into the Community Shield on Sunday as favorites.

I know it's just another friendly but Utd have been looking awful this Pre-Season. Being that this is Moyes 1st season in charge he would of been hoping for the best start possible but unfortunately he's got the opposite to that, atleast he's got an easy Charity Shield game with Wigan. I really can't see Utd challenging this season though, I just think Moyes is out of his depths right now but only time will tell. Either way he's got some big shoes to feel, it's going to be a huge challenge for anyone. Utd supporters are going to have to be patient & hope the board know what there doing & let's face it they know hell of alot more than you & I. Maybe there thinking Moyes is more for the future than now

Whilst Fergie was there United had an aura about them, a fear factor that very few teams got the better of.

That's gone now.

Even teams like Wigan and Swansea ( the first league opponents ) will fancy their chances when they see Fergie in the directors box and Moyes in the dugout.

I would like to trust the board but we're talking about the Glazer family, a bunch of money grabbing barstewards who took a debt free, self sufficient club and turned it into their personal cash cow.

The only thing they're intrested in is how much of the club's profits they can cream off to service the debts their other businesses have.

Moyes is their dream come true, a manager who's used to working with no money and who's not as likely to fight the way Fergie would to get them to get their chequebook out.

Whilst Fergie was there United had an aura about them, a fear factor that very few teams got the better of.

That's gone now.

Even teams like Wigan and Swansea ( the first league opponents ) will fancy their chances when they see Fergie in the directors box and Moyes in the dugout.

I would like to trust the board but we're talking about the Glazer family, a bunch of money grabbing barstewards who took a debt free, self sufficient club and turned it into their personal cash cow.

The only thing they're intrested in is how much of the club's profits they can cream off to service the debts their other businesses have.

Moyes is their dream come true, a manager who's used to working with no money and who's not as likely to fight the way Fergie would to get them to get their chequebook out.

That actually makes a lot of sense no sarcasm.:lecture

I watched the game just to see how the self proclaimed best league in the world's mix of reserve and first team play against a mid table mix of reserve and first team of a so called 'two horse race - easy to win league'. Seville dint even play like they usually do when facing Barca/Real.
On Utd's situation other than Adnan and Carrick, not one Utd player seemed impressive. Adnan is very very promising, Moyes should use him as much as possible this season...

and this article really made me laugh!
https://www.smashreport.com/posts/show_article/Lionel-Messi-to-move-from-FC-Barcelona-to-Manchester-United--408

Last edited:
@ Axe
Never take one off games to serious they don't mean much but there's no doubting Man Utd are in for a tough time. The defence is getting older, there midfield is looking weak. The poorest Utd midfield I've ever seen by along way. There got 3 excellent forwards but Rooney isn't happy & doesn't link up with RVP that well. Hernandez doesn't get much of a look in for some reason.

Spain's biggest problem is Real & Barca get to much of an advantage money wise. 50% of the Tv money between them is way to much & massive Tax breaks which teams like A.Madrid, Saville & Valencia don't get for example. Too many of there teams are deep in debt so you can buy there players for a good price. If Spurs were a Spanish team out side the top 2, Bale would of been long gone but because they get an even chunk of Tv money like the other teams they can demand massive fees for players they don't want to sell because they don't need the money which gives them a fair chance of building a team which they are.

Nice win from the Arsenal this morning. Yes it's only a friendly but Ramsey looked solid as well as Walcott. The defense in the midfield was much better than last season. We seem to have taken a page from Barca's model by trying to win the ball back within 5 seconds.

As for the Suarez situation, I wonder if the board are going to wait til January and try and get him again. He's suspended for most of the games between now and then anyway. I can't see him putting an effort in for pool once he starts playing for them.

Seems like he's gone to chelskie. Strange choice really.

Rooney's issue seems to be nothing more than a bruised ego due to the instant impact that RVP made.

Instead of getting himself fully fit and firing on all cylinders he chose to throw his toys out of his pram and sulk....not for the first time in recent years.

Chelsea don't really need him but if they're willing to pay whatever the asking price is plus his wages then good riddance, it's not like him staying would make any difference to the direction United are going anyway.

The bigger issue would be whether the money gets used to fund a replacement and things are deathly quiet on the transfer front....so they're either not buying anyone ( likely ) or will panic buy more mediocre players a day before the window ends ( also likely ).

Rooney's issue seems to be nothing more than a bruised ego due to the instant impact that RVP made.

Instead of getting himself fully fit and firing on all cylinders he chose to throw his toys out of his pram and sulk....not for the first time in recent years.

Chelsea don't really need him but if they're willing to pay whatever the asking price is plus his wages then good riddance, it's not like him staying would make any difference to the direction United are going anyway.

The bigger issue would be whether the money gets used to fund a replacement and things are deathly quiet on the transfer front....so they're either not buying anyone ( likely ) or will panic buy more mediocre players a day before the window ends ( also likely ).

Rooney and Torres up front together? Sounds like a FIFA ps3 game.

Seems united and my gunners are both timid to sign anyone. Maybe they know something we don't.

Rooney and Torres up front together? Sounds like a FIFA ps3 game.

Seems united and my gunners are both timid to sign anyone. Maybe they know something we don't.

That's how the clubs that rose to prominence via rich benefactors operate....FIFA's Ultimate Team feature was probably inspired by Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Arsenal's reluctance to spend especially after so long without a trophy is ridiculous, aren't they one of the only top clubs operating without any debt?

As of last November United's debt was below £340 million, the repayments are always on schedule. and new sponsorship deals that will bring in £800 million over the next few years have been signed in the last year.

In addition the general revenue has never been better and there's been suggestions that Nike and GM are willing to help fund any large transfers.

So United clearly aren't broke.

Yet the only new signing is a nobody from Uruguay who appears to be getting sent straight back out there on loan :cuckoo:

Other than that the only "action" has been a lowball offer for a player that's not needed ( Baines ) and a pointless chase for Fabregas that's made the club look like a bunch of amateurs.

Arsenal are smart with their spending. I do appreciate that they don't pull a pool and sign Carroll for 35 or pull a chelskie and sign a Torres for 40 million.

We have a good team now but we are really thin. Rumor is we just signed Gustavo. That will be a welcome addition. 3.5 more weeks til the window closes. Anything can happen.

Arsenal are smart with their spending. I do appreciate that they don't pull a pool and sign Carroll for 35 or pull a chelskie and sign a Torres for 40 million.

We have a good team now but we are really thin. Rumor is we just signed Gustavo. That will be a welcome addition. 3.5 more weeks til the window closes. Anything can happen.

There is something to be said for not spending silly money on average players.

It's why I hope Moyes doesn't bother with Baines and Fellaini because they'd add little to what they already have.

There is something to be said for not spending silly money on average players.

It's why I hope Moyes doesn't bother with Baines and Fellaini because they'd add little to what they already have.

Honestly, fellaini is a plus to any team. He's proven he can play. I think 15 or so of the EPL teams could use him from day one.

I certainly wouldn't under rate him. :lecture

Honestly, fellaini is a plus to any team. He's proven he can play. I think 15 or so of the EPL teams could use him from day one.

I certainly wouldn't under rate him. :lecture

He'd give the midfield some much needed backbone, I'll give him that much.

But United need more than that.

It seems that RVP's performance this season will be a major factor in what position United will end up. With Rooney more than likely to move to Chelsea (I don't blame him, chelsea has much more promising players) united should really invest in buying bale or bringing back Cristiano. We miss that awesome flair that we used to have.

It seems that RVP's performance this season will be a major factor in what position United will end up. With Rooney more than likely to move to Chelsea (I don't blame him, chelsea has much more promising players) united should really invest in buying bale or bringing back Cristiano. We miss that awesome flair that we used to have.

There are reports circulating that suggest Spain's financial crisis may be having an effect on Real's spending power as there's suggestions that the stalling on the Bale deal is because they're struggling to get a handout from their usual sources.

If true, that could put Spurs off doing any business with them as they're still owed cash for Modric and would possibly question whether they'd want to be paid in installments for Bale in case they never got all the money on time.

It'd also open up the possibility of Ronaldo being sold to fund the Bale deal, in which case United should get in first....send Fergie to talk to him instead of that idiot chief executive.

United may not have a high profile manager any more, but they do have the ability to offer large amounts of cash up front especially if they get Nike and GM to chip in.

The problem is that the Glazers won't sanction that kind of spending and that Dithering Davy ( A nickname he got at Everton ) isn't exactly a whizzkid in the transfer market.

Yeah you can't blame Rooney for wanting to go. Chelsea have got a great manager & that midfield must be mouthwatering to have behind you as a forward.

Like having players like Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Schurrle feeding you compared to Carrick, Anderson, Valencia & Young.

Mourinho or Moyes. It's a no brainer

Back