ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series-Terminator 2-BD T-800 Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could break into 1/4. It's an expensive, slippery slope and I'm not sure I have the room, especially with such a 1/6 collection... This piece is extremely tempting though! :banghead

I wish I could break into 1/4. It's an expensive, slippery slope and I'm not sure I have the room, especially with such a 1/6 collection... This piece is extremely tempting though! :banghead

I've been collecting 1/4 and just set up my first 2 1/6 figures yesterday, 89 Batman and Joker. In a way I wish I had just collected 1/6 from the beginning so I could afford more pieces, both in space and cash.

It's so perfect, it could stand alone as the single 1/4 piece in a collection, imo. :)

I'm modding my 1/6 shelves to accommodate this piece without really giving up any shelf space. This is one of those pieces that just transcends any personal collecting rules, IMO! I recently promised myself I wouldn't be picking up any more 1/4 stuff (albeit thinking mostly about PFs at the time), alas...

It's so perfect, it could stand alone as the single 1/4 piece in a collection, imo. :).

The figures in this line are so good, one alone could be the only representation of a license in your collection and be very powerful. Of all my Rambo stuff, if I have to sell, the Enterbay figure is last to go. I chopped my Terminator collection down to just the EB figure and I was fine with that, it was so nice looking I got more joy from owning it than all the other pieces combined.

It's so perfect, it could stand alone as the single 1/4 piece in a collection, imo. :)

I'm modding my 1/6 shelves to accommodate this piece without really giving up any shelf space. This is one of those pieces that just transcends any personal collecting rules, IMO! I recently promised myself I wouldn't be picking up any more 1/4 stuff (albeit thinking mostly about PFs at the time), alas...

Yes! I was thinking exactly the same with the 1/4 bat!
This one, I REALLY try to resist!
:)

Considering the average DX Hot Toys figure is running around $300 shipped I'd say these are priced pretty decent imo.

Considering the average DX Hot Toys figure is running around $300 shipped I'd say these are priced pretty decent imo.

I agree. On top of that there aren't many 1/4 figures released every year like there are 1/6 figures.. And if they did make a complete 1/4 line of say T2 I wouldn't be into them all. T-800 BD and Endoskeleton is enough for me. Whereas with 1/6 scale I'd be a completionist... :lol

Amen. 1/6 has gotten out of hand. It's even crazier that a 1/4 neca predator masked city hunter cost me 80 euros vs the 200 euros for a classic predator from ht. Hot toys is the nike amongst collectibles. They bring out less and less quality for a higher price.

Best,

Robert

For little price difference you get a bigger and better made figure. What's really sad is each EB figure gets a custom body to properly depict the character and costs that much, HT recycles parts and still can't pass along savings. Their figures would be $400+ with custom bodies.

Text OSB a few days after paying the full amount and he predicts that the arrival of the first batch should arrive with him end of this week early next...so not too long now :)

I paid for this on new years eve so i imagine im in the first batch to be sent out. Just getting a tad impatient now, If i get it by next weekend i'll be a happy chappy!!

Still hoping I get my ship notice from Enterbay by the end of this week. Then it'd probably get to me within a week, or week and a half tops. Everytime I get a text, I keep hoping its an email with the tracking number. C'mon enterbay, cater to your online customers for once!

Text OSB a few days after paying the full amount and he predicts that the arrival of the first batch should arrive with him end of this week early next...so not too long now :)

That sounds promising, wasn't expecting this to arrive till middle of Feb at the earliest, seems I'll be getting this before the DX10 then.... way to completely kill any anticipation for that figure :lol

That sounds promising, wasn't expecting this to arrive till middle of Feb at the earliest, seems I'll be getting this before the DX10 then.... way to completely kill any anticipation for that figure :lol

Aww, man. That's gonna suck.

DX10 gets to you and the only thing you can think about is getting back to your 1/4 BD Terminator. Can't blame you. :D

For little price difference you get a bigger and better made figure. What's really sad is each EB figure gets a custom body to properly depict the character and costs that much, HT recycles parts and still can't pass along savings. Their figures would be $400+ with custom bodies.

:lecture Let the truth be known.

:lecture Let the truth be known.

Thats not the truth, dx10 is 220 bucks, eb bd is 419 bucks, not a little more its nearly double:wink1: An as for the custom body hot toys a have made a differant body for every single release of arnold, thats 5 differant bodys
dutch
mms117
mms136
dx10
dx13
and if your comparing the enterbay bd to dx13 you get a heck of alot more display options and a t1000 for less then the bd version.

Now I'm not saying the enterbay is bad, infact the sculpt is epic, however its not a well though out release with the wrong grenade launcher, missing parts from the endo arm, and parts that can't be used unless you have there other release its kinda weird to merchindise that way. You guy should be glad to be getting your EB figure but that don't mean everything else is just crap compared to it:(

You guy should be glad to be getting your EB figure but that don't mean everything else is just crap compared to it:(

Certainly not. I'll still be :impatient::impatient::impatient: in the weeks before DX13 comes out. The options with that figure are amazing. And we have a T-1000 for him to fight (both the liquid metal prop and the MMS129 figure)

Most importantly though we have a steel rod. Not even joking.

You guy should be glad to be getting your EB figure but that don't mean everything else is just crap compared to it:(

I don't think anyone is saying the other stuff is crap, just discussing cost compared to what you get for it. HT's prices continue to rise but you get more or less the same figure quality from them for the past few years, and their prices on a 12 figure are creeping towards the price of a 1/4 scale figure which uses more real materials as possible, features better paint work and is a larger overall piece. It's a frustration with collectors that HT's pricing is rising faster than their figures are advancing from previous releases and at some point, people could end up feeling ripped off for 1/6 prices if 1/4 stays around where it's at and 1/6 keeps going up.

I have a tight budget and the price of DX13 basically forced me to choose HT or EB, there's no way to get both, and they're quite close in price.

i love this figure !
IMG_5603_zps0667aeae.jpg
IMG_5593_zpsfb7f9e32.jpg
IMG_5590_zpsf7ef7ee6.jpg
IMG_5589_zps58571349.jpg

I don't think anyone is saying the other stuff is crap, just discussing cost compared to what you get for it. HT's prices continue to rise but you get more or less the same figure quality from them for the past few years, and their prices on a 12 figure are creeping towards the price of a 1/4 scale figure which uses more real materials as possible, features better paint work and is a larger overall piece. It's a frustration with collectors that HT's pricing is rising faster than their figures are advancing from previous releases and at some point, people could end up feeling ripped off for 1/6 prices if 1/4 stays around where it's at and 1/6 keeps going up.

I have a tight budget and the price of DX13 basically forced me to choose HT or EB, there's no way to get both, and they're quite close in price.

Thats all true, and I'm sorry if I derailed your conversion:( The one thing is I can see 1/4 scale stuff climbing the price ladder to, as soon as hot toys releases start coming in, the next batch will likely be more than the previse and enterbay will likey follow suit:horror

Back