ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As amazing as this is, and the HT one, and I LOVE the scale. It still bothers me and can't get out of my head, that they are still just giant action figures.

Which means, they look pretty static just standing there, and you can't do much with them dynamically as you think, even if though you can pose them.

Compared to a statue that has artistic values, and is put on a pose for a reason, it just can't compare to me.

I will still prefer the batman PF, standing on the gargoygle, with his foot perched on it, and his cape blowing in the wind. Even though I can't pose it. What it captures, just makes these "poseable" action figures, still feel lifeless and flimsy. And part of that has to do with the simple bases. Designed to do nothing, but hold the figure there. Try anything to crazy or dynamic, and it might fall over anyway.

they are still just giant action figures.
4420037_460s.jpg

As amazing as this is, and the HT one, and I LOVE the scale. It still bothers me and can't get out of my head, that they are still just giant action figures.

Which means, they look pretty static just standing there, and you can't do much with them dynamically as you think, even if though you can pose them.

Compared to a statue that has artistic values, and is put on a pose for a reason, it just can't compare to me.

I will still prefer the batman PF, standing on the gargoygle, with his foot perched on it, and his cape blowing in the wind. Even though I can't pose it. What it captures, just makes these "poseable" action figures, still feel lifeless and flimsy. And part of that has to do with the simple bases. Designed to do nothing, but hold the figure there. Try anything to crazy or dynamic, and it might fall over anyway.

I think if I got these I'd attempt to build custom bases for them to fit better when displayed next to PFs.

This figure is looking more awesome in these photos. The Bruce Wayne sculpt still looks weak compared to the other offerings, however. Of all the 1/4 figures I've seen so far, this would be the one I'd buy if I had room in my budget (and house).

I just made this with paint, if someone with more skills could do it with photoshoop it would be awesome.

I think Enterbay didi a great job. When I saw the HS for the first time I remind me this scene of the Dark Knight immediately.

Why would this have any less artistic value than a statue? They are both sculpted pieces. In fact this piece to me is even a more artistic achievement that the Batman PF is terms of costume accuracy & especially anatomical realism (i.e., eyes not ten feet apart :D ).

While I understand your personal preference toward statues, to denigrate these figures as any less a work of art than the other doesn't seem right.

The figure overall looks more like the Bale in the suit in TDK than how it looked in BB, which is to say: thinner. Good thing this is the TDK license Enterbay went with.

Back