ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting mate, I think it looks great. Needs some futzing, but that sculpt looks great, very different in video than in pics. The shape of the head looks a lot better.
:clap

I agree- when you do the head tilt is looks really good....very Ledger-like!

Why can't we all just love and hate the figure? Take the utter piss out of each other and have a laugh? I don't see how anyone can take offence at someone saying it looks like total ____, or someone saying it's the best thing since cheese crust pizza.

It's a toy forum for christs sake. I'm getting these, I hate some parts, love others. What does it matter? Doesn't have to be all or nothing.:dunno

The lining looks way to red. Shoes like like garbage. Just not worth it for the price imho
FOOL!

Why can't we all just love and hate the figure? Take the utter piss out of each other and have a laugh? I don't see how anyone can take offence at someone saying it looks like total ____, or someone saying it's the best thing since cheese crust pizza.

It's a toy forum for christs sake. I'm getting these, I hate some parts, love others. What does it matter? Doesn't have to be all or nothing.:dunno

I definitely agree with you on that. mutha____ toys.

Look how the lining in the promo pics is the correct burnt orange color, and the lining in his video review is red like Hot Toys V1 Joker. And why are the laces on the shoes such a vibrant color compared to the shoes? He looks like he is wearing clogs for christ's sake.

Ffs. What is it with this thread? I'm someone who is actually getting this and I almost don't even want to look at this thread anymore. It's just full of people who aren't getting it and just complaining about everything. Stop trying to increase your post count and leave this thread to the people who are getting it like me, Averagejo and Jamie etc :lecture

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

I'm with you here buddy, I'm been avoiding this thread like the plague until everything calms down and the only people left are the fans who are interested in getting this figure, and/or, already have it. Everyone seems to be crucifying it and Bill, and it's just getting tiresome to keep reading about.

Great review too, thanks Retaane!!!

I'm getting both and I sick and tired of the complaining in all the threads. Whether it be about the hot toys cowl, banes body, jokers chin, Selina Kyle/catwomans hands and neck, enterbay jokers narrow and long face, and the glossy enterbay cowl.

You didn't mention the complaining about the capes. Why wouldn't that bother you?. :wink1:....:monkey3

I'm with you here buddy, I'm been avoiding this thread like the plague until everything calms down and the only people left are the fans who are interested in getting this figure, and/or, already have it. Everyone seems to be crucifying it and Bill, and it's just getting tiresome to keep reading about.

Great review too, thanks Retaane!!!

I am happy with the purchase trust me when in hand is much better than even video

The batman sculpt caused me to get dumbfounded for a minute before I realized what a work of art enterbay had produced bill was right it will make you trash all your figs to rubbish

I am happy with the purchase trust me when in hand is much better than even video

The batman sculpt caused me to get dumbfounded for a minute before I realized what a work of art enterbay had produced bill was right it will make you trash all your figs to rubbish

Nice, that's usually the case too. In-hand always looks 100x better than pictures. Joker does look amazing though, and I didn't know the coat was suede- thanks for pointing that out, it makes him even more fantastic :D

Now that is a compliment of the highest order...very trustworthy since you actually have both in hand!:clap

depending on the photo I either think it looks off and not going to bother with the joker, or I think it's a masterpiece. don't know what to do since I want the clown mask if I change my mind and decide to get it. while the batman I can wait since the belt buckle is meh

does anyone know weather EB pays HT to use their PERS system, cause from what I herd is that in communist china patents don't apply within the country.

See, i'm of the opposite, I have learned alot from the so called "ultra nitpickers", they don't upset me one bit, I welcome their knowledge and input.

I want to hear it all, good AND bad, that's why I'm here in the first place, well, that and lolcats. :lol

At the end of the day I will decide how I spend my money, but I still like to be well informed.

Last edited:
does anyone know weather EB pays HT to use their PERS system, cause from what I herd is that in communist china patents don't apply within the country.

Well.... EB dosen't really have to use "PERS".

Now before everyone starts telling me about the old GI Joes, Enterbay did the movie eyes before Hot Toys did. They didn't have an official name for it. They used it for their Bruce Lee, Jet Li, and Mr.Bean figures. The eyes move individually with a mini handle for each eye. Hot Toys took that idea, and modified it, and gave it a name called it PERS. Their version I feel is simpler and easier to use since both eyes move at the same time, but personally i would prefer one by one if i could choose.

Enterbay failed at their attempt of a PERS copy called E-Vision with their Game of Death Ver.3 Bruce Lee. Instead of the little stick, they had this ball to control the eyes, and it failed miserably. They ended up scraping it and changed the eye movement to their original design.

So technically, NO, Enterbay dosent need to pay HT to have moving eyes. And even if they wanted to, HT would not approve of it.

Retaane thanks for the pics. I have to wait till mid September to have mine on hand. Your pics make the wait a little more bareable.

depending on the photo I either think it looks off and not going to bother with the joker, or I think it's a masterpiece. don't know what to do since I want the clown mask if I change my mind and decide to get it. while the batman I can wait since the belt buckle is meh

Well neither of the 1/4 figures use PERS. Bill said that he no longer will use moving eyes as they take away the realism of the sculpt.

But to answer your question, No. HT uses PERS which moves the eyes in unison. Enterbay actually had a moving eye feature before HT but theirs moved each eye individually, so technically it's different anyhow. In other words, HT's patent would be for the unison moving feature, not the ability to have moving eyes in general.

EDIT: Stanlore beat me to it! :)

Well neither of the 1/4 figures use PERS. Bill said that he no longer will use moving eyes as they take away the realism of the sculpt.

So does seperated head & neck joints but the T-800 is nevertheless blighted with that. And his head seems to be divided in half anyway (through his hair) so they might aswell have made the back of his head removeable and put movable eyes in him.

See, i'm of the opposite, I have learned alot from the so called "ultra nitpickers", they don't upset me one bit, I welcome their knowledge and input.

I want to hear it all, good AND bad, that's why I'm here in the first place, well, that and lolcats. :lol

At the end of the day I will decide how I spend my money, but I still like to be well informed therefore what others think of the product is important for me, as in what improvements can be made on it.

I sorta feel the same way. I'd like to hear both the positive and negative and why its bad. However, sometimes it just gets too negative. Someone will pop up and be like... "totally agree looks like *****" and leaves.

The people that are most annoyed are usually people that have ordered or are going to order and see those sorts of comments.

Its like ordering food at an expensive resturant, and you picked something after careful consideration. While your waiting for your food, you hear people bashing how the beef has the texture of cardboard, the gravy smells like barf, and your soup tastes like piss with a shot of snot. I mean... people put alot of money in these things. Thats something they are getting, and no one wants to hear those comments even if people have freedom to express themselves or whatever. The negative comments feels like someone saying your baby is ugly.

I know eb doesn't have to pay ht to have moving eyes's duh. I was wondering weather they had to pay them to use the pers system. does the patent apply since it's in the same country? well guess if they wanted moving eye's they would just make them move individually since that might actually work better.

Back