Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay to release Jack Bauer 24 figure

I've never seen an episode of 24, nor am I interested, but I do have All State insurance so I just might have to get the black guy.

I know this thread is about Enterbay releasing Bauer, but is there the same amount of interest in Palmer ?. If i could stump up the cash I'd love to get him to go alongside jack.

I'd be more interested in an Almeida than a Palmer.

SnakeDoc

I'm as interested in Palmer as I am Bauer. People tend to always like the bad ass who wields a gun, but Palmer was great on that show.

I'm plan on getting both Jack and Palmer from Joe when he puts them up. Both sculpts are fantastic. And with Obama as President now, that was probably a factor in making Palmer and might also increase his sales because of that. Plus, in the Unit he is just as awesome as Jack so there is great custom potential with him.

So does Haysbert star in The Unit, or is he part of an ensemble cast? It's hard to tell sometimes from the previews I see.

So does Haysbert star in The Unit, or is he part of an ensemble cast? It's hard to tell sometimes from the previews I see.

Haysbert is the lead of the Delta team. He is among three main characters. His code name, Snake Doctor, is the inspiration for my handle.

SnakeDoc

Tony does seem like a better choice, or even some of the bad guys, Haysbert is a nice choice for a Unit bash. May end up buying one for this purpose.

If it comes out looking that good, I will probably order one.

I kinda like Jack Bauer.

:D

Tony does seem like a better choice, or even some of the bad guys, Haysbert is a nice choice for a Unit bash. May end up buying one for this purpose.

I don't think any of the villains were memorable enough to justify a figure, except possibly Nina Meyers. Most 24 villains don't live long enough to be memorable -- then again, neither do most of the good guys. Everybody except Jack and Kim are simply red-shirted cannon fodder (and now Tony, probably ... I don't imagine they'd kill him twice).

They should make a Season 7 Tony Almeida next -- two birds, one stone ... Tony and a villain (kind of) in one figure. Then maybe consider a Kim Bauer, Michelle Dessler, Chloe, Nina Meyers, or Bill Buchanan ... but I can't imagine those selling particularly well at $150 a pop.

SnakeDoc

I don't think any of the villains were memorable enough to justify a figure, except possibly Nina Meyers. Most 24 villains don't live long enough to be memorable -- then again, neither do most of the good guys. Everybody except Jack and Kim are simply red-shirted cannon fodder (and now Tony, probably ... I don't imagine they'd kill him twice).

They should make a Season 7 Tony Almeida next -- two birds, one stone ... Tony and a villain (kind of) in one figure. Then maybe consider a Kim Bauer, Michelle Dessler, Chloe, Nina Meyers, or Bill Buchanan ... but I can't imagine those selling particularly well at $150 a pop.

SnakeDoc

No! How dare you even mention Kim. There is a reason she disapeared from the show - EVERYONE hates her! The only reason she should ever show up on another episode of 24 is so they can kill her off. No exceptions.

I could see Tony and Curtis selling fairly well. I certainly would have chose them over Palmer. Chole could possibly sell well though not an exciting figure by any means.

As far as villians, there was Dennis Hopper, Jack's Dad, The Mummy, and President Logan (and not to mention Gredanko who was the homeless guy in Batman Begins with the "nice coat" - cross over appeal).

I think Enterbay got the choice of the "2nd" figure spot on, obviously Jack is the linchpin character of 24, but Palmer was (up until his exit) a major player in making 24 work.
Enterbay need to forget about most of the other characters - just bring on Nina Meyers & Cherie Palmer next, two women who caused jack & the Pres the most trouble !

No! How dare you even mention Kim. There is a reason she disapeared from the show - EVERYONE hates her! The only reason she should ever show up on another episode of 24 is so they can kill her off. No exceptions.

I could see Tony and Curtis selling fairly well. I certainly would have chose them over Palmer. Chole could possibly sell well though not an exciting figure by any means.

As far as villians, there was Dennis Hopper, Jack's Dad, The Mummy, and President Logan (and not to mention Gredanko who was the homeless guy in Batman Begins with the "nice coat" - cross over appeal).

Kim's back this year ... and I doubt she gets killed. And, even if annoying sometimes ... (1) she's Jack's only connection to a real life, and (2) she's worth looking at.

I forgot about Curtis. He could be good.

Of those villains, I think Hopper and the Mummy were the most memorable ... maybe the triumverate of Bosnian assassins from season one.

SnakeDoc

I think Enterbay got the choice of the "2nd" figure spot on, obviously Jack is the linchpin character of 24, but Palmer was (up until his exit) a major player in making 24 work.
Enterbay need to forget about most of the other characters - just bring on Nina Meyers & Cherie Palmer next, two women who caused jack & the Pres the most trouble !

There's no way we get a Sherry Palmer figure before Almeida or Chloe. I can't imagine she'd sell very well.

SnakeDoc

Chloe is a great choice! I would buy one for sure. I love the character. The rest I could probably pass on.

Man Jack hs is awesome. The best HS i've seen by any 1/6 company.
Curtis and Tony would be awesome. Henderson would be a nice villain choice.

Back