Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay to release Jack Bauer 24 figure

Thanks for the feedback... I was worried I might be being too anal, but honestly my first thought when I opened him was "crap, what happened to his nose?".

I do believe that your concern is a legitimate one, and it's certainly not anal, considering that the head sculpt is the main reason to get this figure. If I were you, I would definitely seek to get the figure replaced. It may seem like a small issue with the nose, but again, the sculpt is the highlight of this figure, and it should be perfect (or as close to perfect, as possible).

Btw guys, do you know where I can get a good 1/6 USP compact? I've placed a Dragon MK23 in Bauer's hand, but it doesn't strike me as being accurate to the character. The USP is Bauer's signature weapon, but the one provided by Enterbay is just a cheap throw away.

I've searched, and searched, but couldn't find a USP anywhere. Or, better yet, might anyone know of any 1/6 weapons with a similar design to the USP? That just might work.

Found this at War-Toys under the hand gun section:

handgunwithholster.jpg

and on eBay Store Rooms has this set... quality looks kind of low,but the gun on the left looks close.

1299HandGunSetCx20.jpg

Sol--
I just bought this set the other day, haven't got it yet and can't vouch for the quality or if it's the same as Jack uses but went ahead anyway. And just looking now it appears as if I got the last one! :monkey3

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20153&cat=252&page=5

Oh that looks sweet! So, Kotobukiya is the company that made the USP and MP5A5. I never heard of them, but I'll be sure to check them out! Thanks, my friend! :D

Yeah, the close up pics do seem a bit cheap. But, the guns seem to have removable clips -- something that the Enterbay USP didn't have. I'll check that store out as well. Thanks man!

Found this at War-Toys under the hand gun section:

handgunwithholster.jpg

and on eBay Store Rooms has this set... quality looks kind of low,but the gun on the left looks close.

1299HandGunSetCx20.jpg

Enterbay's gun is really about the worst one I've seen come with a 1/6 figure.

Enterbay's gun is really about the worst one I've seen come with a 1/6 figure.

Yeah, it's REALLY cheap - like something you can find in a 25 cent vending machine. But, the absolute worst gun I've seen was the MK22 (or 23) that came with Medicom's Raiden. Raiden's gun was in a single mold (flashlight attachment and everything)!

Medi clothes tend to fit funny. I've noticed that their clothes only seem to look right on female figure by other companies, since their male body is so slender.

Done the clothes swap and it looks fine to me. The EB is more slender than a HT truetype so the medi clothes are actually a very good fit now that I've got it in hand. I couldn't be happier. Even the high zipper thing is a non-issue since this is a hoody top we're talking about. It wouldn't be unusual for such a top to have a high zip that can zip up to cover the lower part of ones face as you can imagine it would on the Jack figure.

My only worry is that now, with this looking so great, I might want a figure of Jack from each season.

Well that's good, as long as you're happy with how your Jack looks. But, the sweater definitely isn't accurate to the character, compared to the Day 5 photos (and the sweater has that weird zipper issue). Furthermore, for the $130 you probably spent for the clothes alone, you should be getting something perfect. But, that's definitely not the case.

Then again, as long as you're happy. Personally, I think it would be cool if loose Medicom clothes were easier to come by - then one wouldn't have to pay such high costs in buying another figure, just for the clothes.

Well that's good, as long as you're happy with how your Jack looks. But, the sweater definitely isn't accurate to the character, compared to the Day 5 photos (and the sweater has that weird zipper issue). Furthermore, for the $130 you probably spent for the clothes alone, you should be getting something perfect. But, that's definitely not the case.

Then again, as long as you're happy. Personally, I think it would be cool if loose Medicom clothes were easier to come by - then one wouldn't have to pay such high costs in buying another figure, just for the clothes.

True. Medicom doesn't sell accessories and parted out Medi stuff is hard to come by. They probably release in very limited quantity.

Showed this figure to my mum! She instantly knew who he was and said its the best 'doll' shes ever seen. She even noticed the realism of the eyes, wrinkles, stubble and skin tone. I didn't point any of those things out to her, I just wanted to know if she'd recognise him. I guess this is proof positive how EB have truly raised the bar for both likeness and technical wonder with this headsculpt. HT are doing fantastic headsculpts now but EB are a teeny weeny step ahead with their eyes, final production paintjobs etc.

Well that's good, as long as you're happy with how your Jack looks. But, the sweater definitely isn't accurate to the character, compared to the Day 5 photos

Dang. Its not accurate to what he actually wore? Why'd you have to tell me that? :( I didn't research any photos or put on the dvds before deciding to get the medicom. I just assumed it was right - but as we all know from Under Siege 2....(you all know the quote)

Oh well, I still think it looks damn cool. I'm not sure I need to be as anal with this 24 line as I am with other licenses as far as accuracy goes. As long as I have a cool looking representation of the character. Although if EB make a day 5 Bauer thats completely accurate I may end up feeling different.

Thanks for the feedback... I was worried I might be being too anal, but honestly my first thought when I opened him was "crap, what happened to his nose?".

Oh man. I just noticed a slight paint rub (or lack of paint), on the nose of my figure as well! Though, it's very light and not as severe as yours. I'll try to see if I can mend it with some acrylic paint. I didn't notice the problem before, because I've always posed Jack with his head tilted slightly downward.

:lol awesome! When I got the figure, I showed my mom and she said the exact same thing. She's been collecting Marie Osmond dolls for years, so she knows quality when she sees it.

Anyways, maybe I was being anal. Despite the few issues, the Medicom sweater is the best looking sweater for Bauer that's currently available, besides knitting your own sweater, of course. It'll be nice to see if Enterbay releases a Season 5 Jack. Enterbay has done well on tailoring so far (sans Palmer), so I'm sure that they can produce a highly accurate sweater.

Showed this figure to my mum! She instantly knew who he was and said its the best 'doll' shes ever seen. She even noticed the realism of the eyes, wrinkles, stubble and skin tone. I didn't point any of those things out to her, I just wanted to know if she'd recognise him. I guess this is proof positive how EB have truly raised the bar for both likeness and technical wonder with this headsculpt. HT are doing fantastic headsculpts now but EB are a teeny weeny step ahead with their eyes, final production paintjobs etc.

Dang. Its not accurate to what he actually wore? Why'd you have to tell me that? :( I didn't research any photos or put on the dvds before deciding to get the medicom. I just assumed it was right - but as we all know from Under Siege 2....(you all know the quote)

Oh well, I still think it looks damn cool. I'm not sure I need to be as anal with this 24 line as I am with other licenses as far as accuracy goes. As long as I have a cool looking representation of the character. Although if EB make a day 5 Bauer thats completely accurate I may end up feeling different.

Yeah I looked at Jack's nose on mine today and...it's perfect! :D

I'll traaaade ya :D. And include a whole pack of Chunky Chips Ahoy, instead of just the one cookie I promised you!

Yeah I looked at Jack's nose on mine today and...it's perfect! :D

Mine too!:D That's the first thing I looked at when folks were talking about the paint rub on the nose. I'm so happy I didn't have to sent him back.

Back