Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are those cases? I wouldn't mind buying a few.

great display :horror
cap, could you tell me the case dimension you used for arnie? I'd like to order just like the one you're using:hi5:

+1, where'd you get the cases?

I had them done locally, with a guy that makes fish tanks. They are made out of 3mm glass. Cost was around 50R each($25)...really cheap compared to acrylic and looks good.

@nightsurf, thanks buddy. Arnie case it's 56cm high x 30cm x 25cm

I have that HCG Rambo IV statue, great statue, am going to get this new Doll Rambo, I just wish it didn't cost $400+ I guess you can't compare a statue to this figure, in the end you get what you pay for.
just order it. doll rambo rules:rock

I had them done locally, with a guy that makes fish tanks. They are made out of 3mm glass. Cost was around 50R each($25)...really cheap compared to acrylic and looks good.

@nightsurf, thanks buddy. Arnie case it's 56cm high x 30cm x 25cm
thanks pal :hi5: maybe I'll make it a bit bigger so Rambo can do his iconic arrow shooting pose:yess:

The $400 price is a lot, but considering the HCG statue was like $250, you are without question getting that $150 difference in the quality of this figure. The paint alone is light years beyond the HCG work.

The weapons are really really nice...though I don't understand why the AK/grenade launcher isn't there but the rocket launcher is....The joints are awful....like all joints.But if you want a figure you've got to accept that.

The sculpts? ....do you think the Enterbay one is better? I don't personally. I think the HCG one is the best Rambo sculpt so far. To each their own though.

I definitely think this new Enterbay one is cool but I don't think its $150 'extra quality'....

Last edited:
We'll have to agree to disagree that you're getting a $150 'extra quality' here.....

Well I'm just speaking in terms of the prices put on the pieces and what you get for that money.

HCG Rambo 4 Statue - $250

- Solid polystone
- 18" sculpted, full bodied Rambo
- Detailed base
- Bow, arrow and quiver, all plastic or polystone
- Detailed sculpt
- Simple paint application

Enterbay Rambo 3 Figure - $400

- ABS/PVC
- 18" articulated figure of Rambo
- Detailed base
- Bow, arrows, quiver, made from leather and plastic
- Cloth costume with weathering
- Metal knife with leather sheath
- Machine gun with metal and wood components
- Metal grenade
- Metal dagger
- Metal bullets
- Cloth bag
- Metal RPG
- Detailed sculpt
- Detailed, lifelike paint application

To me, when you look at what you get for your money, at least compared to each other, the price of the EB figure makes sense. Rationally, both are probably quite overpriced, but I'm only comparing the two to each other. HCG's statue only requires the paint application to be duplicated with care to maintain the quality over the production run, and the paint is so simple relative to other products. EB's paint apps are very lifelike and require skill by the painters, plust they're all over Rambo's body from the waist up. On top of that, there's the apps on the accessories, the accessorie assembly, the cut and sew of his costume, I just think comparing the two, you can easily find enough additional work that has to go into the EB to justify the higher cost over the statue.

Also, while I don't have Rambo yet, going by the photos, I can tell the work is up to the level of, or beyond, the EB T-800, which i own, so I can compare the craftsmanship of both companies, my excitement for the EB Rambo is greatly fueled by how impressive I've found the T-800 to be and knowing Rambo will be of the same quality.

The sculpts? ....do you think the Enterbay one is better? I don't personally. I think the HCG one is the best Rambo sculpt so far. To each their own though.

Yes I do, and i don't even think the sculpt for EB is the best choice of expression, but on sheer sculpt quality, I don't think there's comparison.

They both convey Stallone to me, when I look at them there's no question to me who it's supposed to be.

Having said that, of the two, I think EB is more true to the film it's meant to represent, Edinho's got a tendencay to mix young Sly and old Sly features into his Rambo 4 sculpts, they look more like Rambo 3.5 to me, where the EB clearly captures Sly's Rambo 3 look to me.

Beyond that, the simple quality of sculptural work is far better on the EB to me. Edinho's sculpt is fairly raw all over, face and hair, to the point where there's a somewhat cartoonish quality to it and he seems to use thick clumps of hair to it without much fine detail. It could be more refined. The EB sculpt is refined all over, the body, the face, the hair, fine details, smooth, clean forms.

Now, having said all that, I'm not ripping into the HCG statue, I own it, I love it, I appreciate it's unique style, but in a discussion of pricing between it and the EB figure, I can highlight areas I feel the price difference makes sense.

Last edited:
Nice answer, I won't quote the whole thing as its too big :D but its a good argument. You're actually swaying me back to the buy option :D

Don't blame me if you end up with $400 less to your name :lol

Really though, I'm really, really into the Rambo franchise, I value and treasure things from little Walmart level action figures to products of this EB quality. My interest is in pieces that depict him in such a way that speaks to my fandom. I don't have to have them all look like Stallone living and breathing on my desk. That's why I have room for the likes of Sideshow, EB and HCG all in one collection.

RAMBO11.jpg

071110_1.jpg

061312_1.jpg

I might have gone that crazy but back in the day, just getting one of the Rambo 2 figures was a big deal, for a time, $65 for a 12" figure seemed like a lot :lol

I still need to make a poncho for my First Blood.

Of all the ones, I wish I had 2 Rambo 3s so I could do tank and no tank, the tank look is cool and unique, but I went for none as that's how i always think of Rambo in 2 and 3.

____ me I miss that collection :gah:

*waits for rock83 to come give me ____*

But yeah Sean, I used to cringe at the idea of buying a "$50-60 toy"

Now look what we've done since :lol

Despite how far things come, I still love this 7" figure from the Rambo cartoon. What's cool is it looks like Sly and has all the right scars and his anatomy even though the cartoon look was generic.

RAMBO.jpg

Despite NECA coming out with figures, the Mirage figures that came out in low quantities are still a grail of mine, I got a loose Rambo 2 that could be in better shape, but I still watch eBay like a hawk for the set.

2850091165_1bb4032a35_z.jpg

____ me I miss that collection :gah:

*waits for rock83 to come give me ____*

But yeah Sean, I used to cringe at the idea of buying a "$50-60 toy"

Now look what we've done since :lol

It's an evolving thing. I cringed because prior to that, I was buying $20 Hasbro 12" Star Wars figures, $50 for Sideshow Star Wars seemed like a lot and $65 for Rambo felt like I was being crazy.

That said, I'm more bothered by the lack of Rambo 4 figure than not having variants of the same ones.

It's an evolving thing. I cringed because prior to that, I was buying $20 Hasbro 12" Star Wars figures, $50 for Sideshow Star Wars seemed like a lot and $65 for Rambo felt like I was being crazy.

That said, I'm more bothered by the lack of Rambo 4 figure than not having variants of the same ones.

I started with JAKKS Rocky figs so the norm for me was $10 a pop. It was a huge leap for me.

Imo the lack of a "Rambo" figure makes no sense. If Barney Ross will sell a Rambo IV sure as hell would too.

Despite how far things come, I still love this 7" figure from the Rambo cartoon. What's cool is it looks like Sly and has all the right scars and his anatomy even though the cartoon look was generic.

RAMBO.jpg

Despite NECA coming out with figures, the Mirage figures that came out in low quantities are still a grail of mine, I got a loose Rambo 2 that could be in better shape, but I still watch eBay like a hawk for the set.

2850091165_1bb4032a35_z.jpg

cooool.... i have that rambo 2 mirage fig MOC signed by stallone :yess:

I started with JAKKS Rocky figs so the norm for me was $10 a pop. It was a huge leap for me.

Imo the lack of a "Rambo" figure makes no sense. If Barney Ross will sell a Rambo IV sure as hell would too.

Well HCG has shown there's no licensing holdup, you can get the Rambo 4 license, but it seems like some companies won't take a chance on that film. NECA has said they've only got plans for 1-3 currently.

Maybe to some, seeing a fit, buff Sly is a big appeal of Rambo collectibles so Rambo 4 holds no appeal, but I collect the character and Sly going from 30-40 to 60 makes no difference, he was every bit the evolution of the character created in the first 3 films and it fits right into the series, and in some ways, I think he was more of a badass in 4 than any of them. First Blood he was cunning, 2 and 3 he was just a fighting machine, and in 4, he was all of that in one with brute force fueled by his aggression.

Rocky in 6 and Rambo in 4 are very similar, they've both been living with demons eating at them and need an outlet to release it all and both finally find closure.

Well HCG has shown there's no licensing holdup, you can get the Rambo 4 license, but it seems like some companies won't take a chance on that film. NECA has said they've only got plans for 1-3 currently.

Maybe to some, seeing a fit, buff Sly is a big appeal of Rambo collectibles so Rambo 4 holds no appeal, but I collect the character and Sly going from 30-40 to 60 makes no difference, he was every bit the evolution of the character created in the first 3 films and it fits right into the series, and in some ways, I think he was more of a badass in 4 than any of them. First Blood he was cunning, 2 and 3 he was just a fighting machine, and in 4, he was all of that in one with brute force fueled by his aggression.

Rocky in 6 and Rambo in 4 are very similar, they've both been living with demons eating at them and need an outlet to release it all and both finally find closure.

They obviously don't believe it'd sell all that well. I think that is painfully obvious now. EB too. See that's what pisses me off when it comes to Rocky. 1976 Rocky is >>>>>>>>>>>> than any other Rocky film imo (part 6 being 2nd or 3rd) but all they'll take a chance on is the latter films. Doesn't make any sense to me.

They obviously don't believe it'd sell all that well. I think that is painfully obvious now. EB too. See that's what pisses me off when it comes to Rocky. 1976 Rocky is >>>>>>>>>>>> than any other Rocky film imo (part 6 being 2nd or 3rd) but all they'll take a chance on is the latter films. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Agree on NECA, and also with their market, I get it, not EB or HT though, their market would support it.

Let's nor forget part of why this EB figure is Rambo 3, that figure is regarded as the best HT Rambo figure and has been praised for how well it's held up over time. Rambo 3 was a natural target after the T-800 seemingly slapped HT in the face, this is another slap at them. Likewise, Rocky 3, as they showed in the announcement, is likely as that was the best Rocky HT made.

Enterbay's work has been great on these figures, and we do win in quality from this feud between the two companies, but the fact that the feud likely impacts film choice sucks. It's conceivable EB might have done First Blood or even Rambo 4 for their 1/4 scale figure if there were no HT feud. Maybe they picked 3 because it's the one they all liked the most when choosing, we don't know, but from what we can see and draw conclusions from on the surface, the HT-EB bad blood appears to be playing a role in how things are unfolding.

Sadly, I think this also means the next HT Rambo figure, if they ever even make one, will likely be Rambo 3 over again to try and fight back, like they did with DX T-800 instead of doing a BD T-800 as something really unique from the first figure.

Sadly, I think this also means the next HT Rambo figure, if they ever even make one, will likely be Rambo 3 over again to try and fight back, like they did with DX T-800 instead of doing a BD T-800 as something really unique from the first figure.

They should've, though. Most people rolled their eyes upon the announcement of a new figure so similar to the previous one. Tried as they might've, they still didn't one-up EB's attempt and it was a poor business decision since they knew we wanted a BD T-800 and we'd have been putty in their hands if they announced that instead.
Maybe they thought announcing a Cyberdyne Showdown was financially solid since they could then save the real moneymaker for later, but in terms of what went on that day (which is what HT was basing their decisions on)... Enterbay won.

WOW guys, really envious of your Rambo collections. Of course when the HT versions came out it was during my hiatus from collecting, and now they are so expensive!

Back