FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I warn you of three things to look out for in my reviews:

1) They are LONG! I mean, you think my regular posts are long, these reviews go over every item of clothing, every detail--I mean seriously, you have to be committed to these things if you're gonna read them.

2) They are horribly, horribly biased. As in don't hate me if I totally ignore any flaws (I'm working on it). I mean, my original review of Faramir pretty much just glazed over the entire head out of fear that I might offend myself. Luckily I'm gullible so I believed myself when I lied saying "Faramir looks great!" Denial, kids. It's a wonderful thing.

3) I post them in chunks, so you get one post after another on clothing, accessories, sculpt, packaging, blah blah blah. And I'm getting two at once--I may triple the number of replies here. Forgive me, oh promoters of concision! I pick apart each figure as I go. Not the most efficient way of doing things. But then, why would I make something easy?

Just so you know. I'd hate for you to expect a nice snappy review with witty comments and wry anecdotes to make it an exciting read. I'm a writer AND a teacher, kids. Bring your pencils and be prepared to take notes. Thank you.

CF, just wondering, how bothered are you by the fact the Ring is on a gold and not silver chain? Are you going to fix it?

I am bugged by the gold chain because you can't see the ring unless you are up close and REALLY searching for it.

Well I warn you of three things to look out for in my reviews:

1) They are LONG! I mean, you think my regular posts are long, these reviews go over every item of clothing, every detail--I mean seriously, you have to be committed to these things if you're gonna read them.

2) They are horribly, horribly biased. As in don't hate me if I totally ignore any flaws (I'm working on it). I mean, my original review of Faramir pretty much just glazed over the entire head out of fear that I might offend myself. Luckily I'm gullible so I believed myself when I lied saying "Faramir looks great!" Denial, kids. It's a wonderful thing.

3) I post them in chunks, so you get one post after another on clothing, accessories, sculpt, packaging, blah blah blah. And I'm getting two at once--I may triple the number of replies here. Forgive me, oh promoters of concision! I pick apart each figure as I go. Not the most efficient way of doing things. But then, why would I make something easy?

Just so you know. I'd hate for you to expect a nice snappy review with witty comments and wry anecdotes to make it an exciting read. I'm a writer AND a teacher, kids. Bring your pencils and be prepared to take notes. Thank you.
can somebody please paraphrase this post for me. it's just too long to read.:huh

I'll have you know it's Elbereth, mister. I give you a C -.

Oh, and I do intend to replace the ring eventually with the one that came on the Toy Biz Sauron figure. It's perfect--not as rounded as one would like, but it still looks great and it's real metal. I already have a perfect chain that I managed to barter from one of my sister's Barbies. I tell you kids, Mattel is a great source for 1:6 treasures.

This is a losing battle for you my friend. In your haste to be wry you only come out wrong. Just surrender.

:lol

:blah :blah :blah :blah

I never surrender.
kurganconnorkillani.gif

You're in no position to give commands here! I do my duty because it is right, not because I am told. So now you're gonna get it. Let me try and salvage this little piece of work:

God word m'boy.

God: To begin with, I'm assuming that you are not actually referring to deity, as that would in fact be blasphemous and worthy of execution under the Mosaic law. So, in the interest of preserving your religious integrity I will suppose you meant to say good, thus rendering your "sentence" a potential complement. Fair enough

word: Now, as you are speaking to me it is very likely that you are in fact talking about words. However, as I was actually using a rather large number of words, you could possibly have omitted the "s" and used the singular noun accidentally. However, as "good word" is generally not used as an idiomatic compliment in American English (unless you refer to the greek-derived gospel=good news, which would be a whole different thing), I will assume you tried to say "good work." Now we're getting somewhere.

m'boy: Ah, here we finally have an easy little blurb to dissect. You use the common colloquialism "m'boy" which is derived from "my boy," an endearing if not somewhat condescending phrase generally more common in Britain than in the United States. But as you are from Utah, I will accept your use of out-dated slang as a culturally inherited by-product.

God word, m'boy. = Good work, my boy.

Thus we see that Pix has tried to compliment me, which is in fact very kind, but has only served to confuse me, which is in fact very rude. Maybe this horrible, long, and boring lecture will teach you a lesson.

Back