Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An exciting bit of news today that some folks may have missed. Rocco sculpted a very nifty Elwood Blues, and said he will mod it into a neutral faced Ray Stanz!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133372

IMG_0503_zps65004fd1.jpg

awesome and id definitely be up for a neutral ray stantz sculpt! id love to have 2 ray customs, the shocked look and a regular look would be nice

So I'm thinking about taking the little ankle connector parts off the bottom of my GB's legs (the parts on Truetypes that are glued (?) onto the bottom of the calves that the ankle peg fits into), then sort of manually attaching the ankle peges/feet, so that I can shave a quarter inch or so off leg length. I would be doing this so Venkman's pants look better, but in order to keep them uniform I would do this for each of my figures. I don't think it will make their proportions seem very off. Anyone try something like this before? Any potential problems with it?

So I'm thinking about taking the little ankle connector parts off the bottom of my GB's legs (the parts on Truetypes that are glued (?) onto the bottom of the calves that the ankle peg fits into), then sort of manually attaching the ankle peges/feet, so that I can shave a quarter inch or so off leg length. I would be doing this so Venkman's pants look better, but in order to keep them uniform I would do this for each of my figures. I don't think it will make their proportions seem very off. Anyone try something like this before? Any potential problems with it?

I have with my Venkman. I actually have him in the boots with no feet. Just the cylinder and have the rest of the boot filled with padding. Helps with the length just hard to pose without a stand.

Do you have any pics of how it looks Magnus? I'm confident I could do something to extend the length of the pants on his boots. My concern is that I might end up making the proportions look off. But it seems to me there is a bit of wiggle room with the Truetype legs. Their stock length seem a bit longish to me.

Do you have any pics of how it looks Magnus? I'm confident I could do something to extend the length of the pants on his boots. My concern is that I might end up making the proportions look off. But it seems to me there is a bit of wiggle room with the Truetype legs. Their stock length seem a bit longish to me.

Only thing I really have right now with all four. Hope it helps.

56E00CCE-51F9-4DE7-9F32-AD0C785F6B04-4456-0000003AE268C855_zps1ab2c36a.jpg

I did that with my venkman as well, it seems alittle too short to me, but better than too long. Unfortunately, I don't know how to find a middle ground.

Picked up some cheap bodies from eBay $50 for the lot of 4 of them shipped.

wofz.jpg

Nice improvement.
lk18.jpg

I'm planning to use the Snyder-man Alien Ripley for Dana. Hair style isn't an exact match but if she is painted with more eye makeup than Ripley and lipstick it should work nicely. Scale is good as I checked the Ripley I already have against the Snyder-man Venkman. Interested in seeing what Rocco does with the Terror Dogs. Somewhere in my garage kit stash I have one of the vinyl kits that came out years ago. That might not be 1/6th scale though.

Picture016-1.jpg

Those Terror dogs (the Japanese model kits, correct?) are a pretty decent size. I haven't compared them to a 1/6 scale figure, but there's definitely a chance that they're in the same scale. Let me check...

The problem with the Snyder-Man one is expression. That works for Dana, but not for Zuul. And as you say, the hair isn't really poofy enough.

Agree about that. You didn't mention Zuul before. Snyder-man did a sculpt of Gozer for a garage kit, but it never got produced. Tried to encourage them to offer the head for customs, but they said they would have to do another sculpt as the scale wasn't quite right.

Just FYI, the chick in Turbo's pic is Gozer. Zuul (Weaver) and Vinz Clortho (Moranis) were the demon dogs. I'm not familiar with these kits, but I would love to have them.

Back