GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

I used to buy 2-3 of each before I would open one, but then I never displayed the loose figures and sold them all, kept a few. I will be getting cabinets soon to display all of this:

Daaaaaammmmmmmmmn!!!!!!

Gorgeous collection ya got there!!!
Yeah, display units would really do what you have justice.

My philosophy is if it costs more than $100 it was meant to be removed from the box.

So if its cheap I usually have no issue with leaving it alone.

Thanks!
Luckily there are not too many newer Joe items that go over $100. Can't afford the vintage stuff anymore, that ship has sailed.

Found some 30th Vipers at TRU today!

6138004953_fe9c0a80fe_b.jpg

I used to buy 2-3 of each before I would open one, but then I never displayed the loose figures and sold them all, kept a few. I will be getting cabinets soon to display all of this:

My room was looking like that at the old town home I was in :lol

I just donated my entire 25th anniversary collection to my kids. It kind of pained me to do so but space is an issue and 1/6 is my collecting priority. On the upside, another generation introduced to GI Joe!

I just donated my entire 25th anniversary collection to my kids. It kind of pained me to do so but space is an issue and 1/6 is my collecting priority. On the upside, another generation introduced to GI Joe!

Congrats! I plan on doing the same when my son stops biting off the heads of his Imaginex and Playschool superheroes. :lol

Some shots of the Renegades figures - got them over the weekend. Overall, a pretty nice set.

Snake Eyes:

6190156717_988cd1304c_b.jpg

Firefly:

6181983203_7bb809dfa8_b.jpg

Duke:

6179661353_7aa7a71f0e_b.jpg

Cobra Commander:

6168000586_d70033647a_b.jpg

Firefly (who looks even less like Firefly than Sideshow's original version) was the only one I haven't seen yet, but I have to say the Renegades looks don't look half bad when done in a semi-realistic style. I guess I just don't care for the stylized art they went with in the show. And CC was much better after he got the full mask. I don't know what they were thinking with that half mask thingy. It ruined an otherwise decent update to him.

I liked Renegades also, took me a few episodes to get into it, but wanting to get it when it is released.

Firefly (who looks even less like Firefly than Sideshow's original version) was the only one I haven't seen yet, but I have to say the Renegades looks don't look half bad when done in a semi-realistic style. I guess I just don't care for the stylized art they went with in the show. And CC was much better after he got the full mask. I don't know what they were thinking with that half mask thingy. It ruined an otherwise decent update to him.

I agree too.

i like that duke. head sculpt looks pretty good. picked up the hazard viper the the other day. he is pretty cool.

Back