GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

The Serpentor chariot looks exactly the same as the one I had as a kid...kinda cool...:cool:

Pretty sweet. They kept the same basic design and look, but added lots more detail.

I was just looking over the new official pictures of the vehicle assortments and noticed that they appear different then from what I remembered of them. I went over to yojoe.com and confirmed that almost all are updated:

vamp02scaled600fp3.jpg

vamp_left_iso.jpg

steelerserpentor03scalecq4.jpg

airchariot_leftfront_iso.jpg

steelerserpentor04scalesm7.jpg

armadillo_iso.jpg

The poor Hiss Tank however remains unchanged:
hiss02scaled600ml7.jpg

hiss_front_left_iso.jpg

I wish they had done this to the Target Releases. I'm definitely going to get the Armadillo Tank and Vamp.

I'm really anxious for the Cobra Bubbles. They look very cool!

Im sorry but these look like ^^^^. They should have updated them to look better like the did for the 25th figures.

How do they look like ^^^^? They look far better than the originals.

Yeah and the originals look like ^^^^. All the old skool fans love them because they look just like the old ones but the old ones are garbage by todays standards. The new generation demands more detail rubber tank treads and ^^^^ like that.

I'm glad they didn't update the HISS. Since its black I may pick one up now. They're going to kill the loose vintage market. :lol

Yeah and the originals look like ^^^^. All the old skool fans love them because they look just like the old ones but the old ones are garbage by todays standards. The new generation demands more detail rubber tank treads and ^^^^ like that.

its all about nostalgia....if you want great gi joe figures for the next generation, buy the one Sideshow will release.

You do have a point there, I was just in Target today and looked at one of the 1:18 GI Joe scaled Heroes of Valor Bradly Tanks and it's much superior to the GI Joe vehicles and only $20. Really wanted to buy one right there, but I'll compare it with the Blue Box vehicles to see which is better.

But Hasbro could've tried a bit harder. I still like these new Joe vehicles though.

I just got a letter stating that Hasbro received too many orders for item 63403 and are warning stores to be cautious with pre-selling. :confused: :horror

What item is 63403? in this order I received the Cobra HISS driver single pack, CC in battle gear, Torpedo, and Rock N Roll.

Last edited:

You do have a point there, I was just in Target today and looked at one of the 1:18 GI Joe scaled Heroes of Valor Bradly Tanks and it's much superior to the GI Joe vehicles and only $20. Really wanted to buy one right there, but I'll compare it with the Blue Box vehicles to see which is better.

But Hasbro could've tried a bit harder. I still like these new Joe vehicles though.

I wouldn't compare a toy that is trying to be a minature recreation of the real thing with a fantasy GI Joe toy. RAH was never about super realistic detail.

Thanks for the pics Natrix but this SE is too over the top for my liking, but nonetheless, thanks for posting. Any word on item # 63403? Is this wave seven, or eight, or a certain figure?

Does anyone have Major Bludd yet?

i didn't think i would like that version of snake eyes but i do. picked up se along with wild bill, duke with jet pack, hiss driver, cobra viper, and spirit today.

Could you quote the letter you received? 63403 is listed as the manufacturer number for the single carded figures with toysrus.com....

Thanks Metaphorge,

Here it is:

"I have received many emails concerning GI JOE item 63403. Please note this item (all versions) is extremely limited and it is likely I will not be able to fill your orders complete. We have seen tremendous success with this item and we have more orders than we can fill. Please be cautious when pre-selling.

Sincerely,

xxxx- xxxxxxxx (I won't post name)
Sales representative
Hasbro, Inc.

Back