Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great mix of humor, action, and emotion. Can't wait to see it again.

Was not looking forward to this. Just looked cheesy in the trailers. Glad i was wrong. Action was top notch and the humor just worked well. And im not one to laugh much and prefer the movies with a more serious tone. But i laughed a ton and did enjoy the music moments. When Star-Lord has his mask on he went into pure badass mode. Big thumbs up!

Wow, I hated it. I felt like I was being tortured. There was so much stupid humor in it that I could never get into it. The music was used at all the wrong moments. Characters were terrible and boring. I have always hated forced comedy in movies and this was pretty much only that. Expectations were low and it was worse than I expected. I almost walked out and wish I would have but my brother made me stay. He was also let down by it.

It just did not feel like a Marvel movie at all. Thanos was also a major let down, he just looked and sounded bad compared to that scene in the Avengers.

Thumbs WAY DOWN on this one.

Just got out of the movie and it is without a doubt my favorite Marvel movie to date. It was phenomenal. So much cosmic stuff!

Wow, I hated it. I felt like I was being tortured. There was so much stupid humor in it that I could never get into it. The music was used at all the wrong moments. Characters were terrible and boring. I have always hated forced comedy in movies and this was pretty much only that. Expectations were low and it was worse than I expected. I almost walked out and wish I would have but my brother made me stay. He was also let down by it.

It just did not feel like a Marvel movie at all. Thanos was also a major let down, he just looked and sounded bad compared to that scene in the Avengers.

Thumbs WAY DOWN on this one.

I can see why someone could feel this way, especially with the humor, which did feel forced at times.

BUT, the action was just simply incredible, the characters connected just right, the ships were gorgeous and the movie had heart, enough so to overcome any negative aspects.

Without a doubt one of my favorite marvel movies. Really loved the characters, the humor, the action, and the designs. Even without the marvel tag I think this one would be a real winner. Really enjoyed the almost fifth element/firefly vibe that it had.

Can't wait to see it again.

From the previews this movie looks like crap tbh, so I will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a food film when I see it.

I had no interest in seeing this. The trailers did nothing for me and because I never heard about these characters before the movie, I really didn't care. Anyway, I went tonight with friends because of all the good reviews. The move is awesome. I really don't have any nitpicks. Everything was great from the acting, story, characters, fx, etc. It's definitely Marvel's funniest movie and I'm totally cool with that. I don't like when Marvel sometimes forces too much comedy in their films like they did with Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 but the humor fit perfectly in this and nothing ever felt forced. It's definitely in the top 3 of Marvel movies for me. Winter Soldier is still #1.

Perhaps I need another viewing. I don't consider the movie among Marvels best. While I liked the movie, I found many elements distracting impacting the overall experience. It felt like a first attempt much along the lines of First Avenger and Thor. It had good, bad and clumsy moments until it built up ahead of steam.

Kids and wife absolutely adored the movie, the humor and Rocket and Groot.....my personal opinion Winter Soldier and Days Past were cream of the crop this summer with Guardians next then ASM2 a distant third.

This isn't really a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This isn't really a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah it was something I was prepared for going in as it's pg13 but I thought EVERYONE was the perfect balance of lovable psycho/sociopath.

Overall loved the flick. Can't wait to see it again in IMAX or 3D

Can any please clarify the ending credits scene for me, I'm completely lost and how does he tie in to guardians and the rest of the marvel universe .

Just got back from the theatre, damn that was a good movie. I'm glad I went on an Internet blackout regarding anything guardians related. Definitely peaked my interest in the galaxy aspect to the marvel books. I was able to snag the free posters they were giving away for midnight screenings too

I came back from seeing it in Imax as well. I loved it! James Gunn did a fantastic job with it! Didn't feel anything like the previous Marvel movies. I loved the wit, the music, the cheesy pop culture references ( Alf, Laika, Kevin Bacon(!), Footloose(!!)), and especially the chemistry between the lead characters. Bautista had the funniest lines, and Rocket was the scene stealer in all his scenes. I felt that Chris Pratt was an excellent choice for Star-Lord. Even with the brief back stories of each of the characters, I was emotionally invested in them. I guess my only gripe would be how handled Nebula.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have to say that GotG is my among my favourite movies that I've seen this year. I have a feeling that I'll love this movie more with multiple viewings.

Back