Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocket Raccoon is not a BAF and his articulation is like the comic version. So no hips, knees, ankles.

e2c2f6e2968c11e3a2530e616ca66f71_8.jpg

rrtoy.jpg

I have the first one. There'z zero articulation in the legs. The second looks to be the same figure, but customized. The Ewoks are no bigger than the Rocket from the 3-Pack, so again, no excuse other than budgetary reasons... which shouldn't be an issue given his shorter size = less plastic overall.

Yeah, it's definitely not because of budgetary reasons because like you say, it's a small figure and the line has been overall very successful, but the ewoks feet do look wider and thicker than any of the 2 RR's legs, they're as thick as the custom one.

It's not the exactly same figure, it's got the legs heavily modified, they're bigger and wider and the paws are as well, I wish they'd do that, but as usual, in this 6" scale, customs tend to be rather better than the retail versions....

Yeah, it's definitely not because of budgetary reasons because like you say, it's a small figure and the line has been overall very successful, but the ewoks feet do look wider and thicker than any of the 2 RR's legs, they're as thick as the custom one.

It's not the exactly same figure, it's got the legs heavily modified, they're bigger and wider and the paws are as well, I wish they'd do that, but as usual, in this 6" scale, customs tend to be rather better than the retail versions....

But still, even hip articulation and cut joints for just below the knees would've been simple enough.

:lol Told you Goot was the BAF, not RR. Its really hard to believe they are trying to get away with selling RR at the same prices as the other figures in that wave. Star Lord has 2 heads and weapons. RR just has his big gun :lol

Sigh, I'll probably have to get the whole set, I want a RR, and I'll also want a Starlord cause I'm a sucker for gasmasks, and since Groot is arguably the best figure of the bunch, I'll have to buy the other 2 to get him :lol

Sigh, I'll probably have to get the whole set, I want a RR, and I'll also want a Starlord cause I'm a sucker for gasmasks, and since Groot is arguably the best figure of the bunch, I'll have to buy the other 2 to get him :lol

Technically Groot did come in the Marvel Universe 3-Pack. So if you can find that for a decent price (before the media storm promoting the movie hits, you get all 4.

171858_s0.jpg

The sculpt for Raccoon is pretty good and it seems to have decent articulation above the waist. I'm sure those forelegs swivel right where the leg pants end. And yeah, those Vintage Collection Ewoks had ball jointed goodness, but their legs were also a lot thicker. Giving them to RR here might have compromised those legs and made em breakable.

I guess the Lord of the Rings Ent tree guy is the Build a figure.

The sculpt for Raccoon is pretty good and it seems to have decent articulation above the waist. I'm sure those forelegs swivel right where the leg pants end. And yeah, those Vintage Collection Ewoks had ball jointed goodness, but their legs were also a lot thicker. Giving them to RR here might have compromised those legs and made em breakable.

Doubtful. The comic version didn't have articulation there and his legs were thicker. It's clear Hasbro's cutting cost there.

It's also a pity about their current packaging design. Between their Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series, they might as well pack them in regular, graphic-less card board boxes. :lol

RR has a better Wolverine costume than Wolverine had in his own movies.

:lol

:lol I thought so too.

:lol Told you Goot was the BAF, not RR. Its really hard to believe they are trying to get away with selling RR at the same prices as the other figures in that wave. Star Lord has 2 heads and weapons. RR just has his big gun :lol

Check out the 12" series Rocket Raccoon's packaging...

GOTGhasbro12inch.jpg

"Includes 6-inch Blaster!" :lol

Back