Statue Gwen Stacy Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey brothers I got an offer for Gwen Stacy - loves of Peter Parker Spider-Man by Art Asylum 400$ shipped...good deal?

$T2eC16V,!%29UE9s3wCOmbBQvQf0WtTw~~60_12.JPG

well, ditch that seller, 'cause here's one for $230 plus shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gwen-Stacy-Statue-Art-Asylum-Marvel-Milestones-Loves-of-Peter-Parker-spiderman-/221278446566?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item33853923e6

Not that I'll bite though. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I'm excited for this set. I owned the original comiquette and the "Back in Black" as well, and I have the cold cast bronze one on order. Kept the BiB, and sold the comiquette to a friend.

The beauty of being a Spider-Man fan is that there will always be Spidey statues on the horizon; time is on our side. So I don't understand the need to compare these two; they're just two pieces in a long line, and neither is unbeatable. That's why I happily sold mine for a premium.

These conversations really seem to be about people justifying either a past or future purchase decisions. Whether or not one will be significantly better than the other is impossible to say until you put them side by side, and even then it's a personal decision.

I'm excited for this set. I owned the original comiquette and the "Back in Black" as well, and I have the cold cast bronze one on order. Kept the BiB, and sold the comiquette to a friend.

The beauty of being a Spider-Man fan is that there will always be Spidey statues on the horizon; time is on our side. So I don't understand the need to compare these two; they're just two pieces in a long line, and neither is unbeatable. That's why I happily sold mine for a premium.

These conversations really seem to be about people justifying either a past or future purchase decisions. Whether or not one will be significantly better than the other is impossible to say until you put them side by side, and even then it's a personal decision.

:welcome1: to the Freakshow Tram... My collecting brother(or sister) from the GTA. I am glad that you are stoked for this.

I think the comparisons between the two Spiderman Coms (the Original and the J Scott) is completely and totally natural given how close they are in the BASIC design. The lower bodies are for the most part the same, just flipped (an old copying trick by the way), and though the upper body is somewhat different it is also basically the same idea, flip which shoulder comes closer to the foreground, and then bring the other arm forward.

Now if the had gone for something different, like say him swinging, or even a more differentiated wall pose, then the comparisons would have lessened. I don't see a lot of guys comparing the BIB and the Original, they simply think they both look good, and I think that is a function of how different they look.

I really hope this new set is as pleasing to everyone as they hope it will be. The new paint techniques look good, and the Sculpts generally look quit nice. So here is to hoping for you guys, and again WELCOME to the insanity

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading these boards for years, and I finally decided to throw my hat into the ring.

I think these will be great, but what I'm really waiting for is a new Spidey PF line.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading these boards for years, and I finally decided to throw my hat into the ring.

I think these will be great, but what I'm really waiting for is a new Spidey PF line.

I don't believe there is a new PF Line coming out, just the new 1/4 PFs that are to go along with the already existing 1/4 sculpts. Do you have any new info??

Does anybody know why the NRD was removed? I seem to have to pay the full $269.99 to pre-order her! I have MJ on pre-order with NRD.

Does anybody know why the NRD was removed? I seem to have to pay the full $269.99 to pre-order her! I have MJ on pre-order with NRD.

I preordered both with no NRD and don't have to pay in full till it is shipped. I believe that is the way it still is. Are you sure you paid NRD for MJ?

I preordered both with no NRD and don't have to pay in full till it is shipped. I believe that is the way it still is. Are you sure you paid NRD for MJ?

I was a little mistaken here. I pre-ordered MJ through an online dealer, but I only paid 10% down for her. Still debating whether I will order Gwen direct or from dealer.

It doesn't make a huge difference to me whether I pay now or later.. I just thought I had missed something! Thanks

I was a little mistaken here. I pre-ordered MJ through an online dealer, but I only paid 10% down for her. Still debating whether I will order Gwen direct or from dealer.

It doesn't make a huge difference to me whether I pay now or later.. I just thought I had missed something! Thanks

No problem, glad i could help clear things up :wave

Awesome piece can't wait to get mine. I'm hearing rumors on a black cat in the works? Anyone know if that's true?

Thanks

Back