Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wikipedia page on him showed some interesting ads and things that weren't released. Would love to see more of his stuff. He seems to have done some pretty surreal work, too. Kind of shows how he contributes so much to the artistic direction of the band's videos.

Man, I love being a geek. Everything I'm nuts about is intertwined.

nah it's way too big and the front is way too wide. although, they should explain some of the animals that those skulls came from at some point. maybe in the sequel.

images

norm-4aede9ebc635b-Predator+2+%281990%29.jpeg

something in there i think.:dunno

The horns on the back of the skull would make it impossible to belong to one of Tracker's hounds.

The horns on the back of the skull would make it impossible to belong to one of Tracker's hounds.
thought if those were the horn tips/roots, those could arch forward like the spikes we see on those tracker dogs.

more maybe they pawned this one instead...
samael(hellboy+monster).jpg

just a thought.:cuckoo:

lol, it would be pretty cool to see exactly what creatures those skulls came from. There was one particular noggin that looked like it belonged to some kind of multi-eyed extraterrestrial T-Rex.

I just bought a guardian and elder avp ,i love the elder ,but the reason i bought it was to trade it for a chopper and celtic loose , so i can complete the trio , regarding guardian , after having scar as my first predator i didnt like guardian it seems like it was made from a different material

HT really need to put more effort into the dreads. These are the worst yet.
they're exactly the same as the Lost pred's dreads, which were pretty terrible. i ended up having to get wires put in those to keep them under control. my Guardian's dreads are starting to revert back from the heat treatment i gave them a few weeks ago so i might have to get wires put in him too.
I'm regretting that I sold my P2, elder and lost now :( if anybody wanna sell theirs, do lemme know :)
heh, i wouldn't hold my breath on getting an Elder any time soon. i don't get why you'd hock it in the first place, it's much harder to get than most HT figures now for some reason.

I wish I had a spare P2 head. I would for sure pull his dreads out and put them on Guardian. ____, I would do that for all of the latter Predators, Lost, and P1.

I think the dreads on this one is certainly thicker than the ones on lost predator. Similar to the P1's.

I boiled it yesterday and it looks so much better already.

Sold the elder cause I was funding a custom figure mate. Oh well, I kinda enjoy the hunt for a fig anyways :lol

Sold the elder cause I was funding a custom figure mate. Oh well, I kinda enjoy the hunt for a fig anyways :lol

With what you'll have to pay to buy back an Elder I certainly wouldn't enjoy it! What made you want the Guardian after having sold all the other P2s??

This is one of the reasons I don't sell anything, well apart from not really knowing how to go about it having never sold anything before - that question of 'what if'. What if I regret it someway somehow later on.

This is one of the reasons I don't sell anything, well apart from not really knowing how to go about it having never sold anything before - that question of 'what if'. What if I regret it someway somehow later on.
yeah that's what keeps my collecting in check. i never buy more than i can display and i only get stuff i really like and wouldn't sell anyway. the few figures i've gotten rid of were through trades for other figures i wanted. i've never sold anything on here or ebay either and i don't expect to any time soon. the best part is i don't have to regret getting rid of anything i really like.
I think the dreads on this one is certainly thicker than the ones on lost predator. Similar to the P1's.
nope. same.

Last edited:
lol, it would be pretty cool to see exactly what creatures those skulls came from. There was one particular noggin that looked like it belonged to some kind of multi-eyed extraterrestrial T-Rex.

yeah, I thought that one really stood out among the rest of the trophies. I hope HT is planning to make another pred and throw that one as an accessory.

That said, i was watching P2 again the other night after getting the guardian, and I noticed that hes holding the spear with his left hand instead of right. Too bad the HT fig doesnt come with a left holding hands.

That said, i was watching P2 again the other night after getting the guardian, and I noticed that hes holding the spear with his left hand instead of right. Too bad the HT fig doesnt come with a left holding hands.
all because HT wanted to be cheap and not make a new set of hands and just used the old P2 ones. even the Lost came with a new hand sculpt and that thing is mostly a rehash too. oh well, Guardian still looks cool holding the spear. i wonder if the open left hand can be modified to hold it...

edit - could also get another Lost left hand and repaint it.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

I wish I had a spare P2 head. I would for sure pull his dreads out and put them on Guardian. ____, I would do that for all of the latter Predators, Lost, and P1.
it would be wrong for them. p2 things totally =/= p1's. look into my signature pic.

it would be wrong for them. p2 things totally =/= p1's. look into my signature pic.

But, I think you get what i was trying to say. If not, I don't like the skinny ass noodle dreads at all of Guardian and P1 and Lost. I also don't give a rat's ass about accuracy, well I do, but I prefer thicker dreads. I know P1's aren't as long as P2's but I can't stand the way HT did P1's dreads.

You signature, cool as it is, doesn't tell me ____ about the dreads of P1 and P2. They show that they don't have the same rings, but I already knew that.

You signature, cool as it is, doesn't tell me ____ about the dreads of P1 and P2.
oh yes, it is really not visible in that pic, it's too small.
so i'll show the bigger ones to explain what i meant:

69dea49fa0e6.jpg

i meant that HT managed to show the difference in length, thickness and angle for their P1 and P2, so sticking P2's things to P1's head will damage the overall look. to my mind it's better to make the "hot water, rubber band, 30 minutes freezer" work for them instead of total replacement.
but now when you said it, i might steal your idea for Borg or Gort :)

Back