Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Specifically for P1: That cat was so stupid he didn't even know how to use his own tech. P2 showed us their Bio Masks are capable of seeing multiple light spectrum's (that's how he sees the FUBAR'S in the Meat Factory). But P1 apparently didn't read the "Bio User Manual" because all it took was Dutch getting muddy for P1 to lose him. That's like having a VCR and not knowing how to set the clock.

Its not that easy man :mad:

Come to think of it, I still don't have my VCR's clock set. And no, that's not sarcasm :). I honestly have no idea what time it is, unless I look at the clock above me or the little thing in the bottom-right of my screen.
What a hard life we lead...

Loved reading these :D. It was just priceless.

@Empir3: You know I do what I do when I do what I do... :yess:
Not quite helping with the derailing issue, but I'd like to get the word out and get all my sigs to people. We might get bigger than the Anchorman club... dare I say.

I dare say we shall good sir!

Do people not like Danny Glover? I assumed people just found him a disappointing choice for the main hero in Predator 2.

Eh, Nam seems not to like Danny Glover. I thought he was fine. Believable as a cop in that kind of situation, for sure. Let's face it, he wasn't a bad choice for the role.

As a child I couldn't help but be disappointed that Arnie didn't come back but I don't really have a problem with danny glover.

you could plug any late 80 s early 90s action star in that role really. stallone , willis , gibson etc etc

Do people not like Danny Glover? I assumed people just found him a disappointing choice for the main hero in Predator 2.
Eh, Nam seems not to like Danny Glover. I thought he was fine. Believable as a cop in that kind of situation, for sure. Let's face it, he wasn't a bad choice for the role.

Nothing against Glover. I think he's an awesome dramatic actor.

As a child I couldn't help but be disappointed that Arnie didn't come back but I don't really have a problem with danny glover.
you could plug any late 80 s early 90s action star in that role really. stallone , willis , gibson etc etc

I think that's the biggest issue. Glover's not really what I'd consider an "action hero." He's great in dramas, and even as the old "gruffy" cop in the Lethal Weapon series, but I just couldn't buy him taking all that punishment and then, on top of that, wasting the predator at the end. The whole time I kept, and still keep thinking when I watch it, "Roger Murtaugh's too old for this ____."

This hobby is fickle. A year from now people will be selling these to pay for something new that tickles their fancy. Prices rise and fall on demand so if you are willing to wait you will eventually get a good deal.

This one will never sell for less than retail.

This one will never sell for less than retail.
Hard as it is to imagine, I think Hot Toys figures will one day go the way of the dinosaur. Eventually, something newer and better will come along that makes these figures look quaint and archaic in comparison. And prices will plummet.

Plus, at some point, I'm sure we will have fancy 3-D printers where we can create a pitch perfect Hot Toys predator from home in a matter of minutes for a cost of $3 or whatever. Never is a strong word ;)

Hard as it is to imagine, I think Hot Toys figures will one day go the way of the dinosaur. Eventually, something newer and better will come along that makes these figures look quaint and archaic in comparison. And prices will plummet.

Doubtful. Look at the McCoy Toys Indy. That thing looks like ass and has maintained it's $300 price tag.

Plus, at some point, I'm sure we will have fancy 3-D printers where we can create a pitch perfect Hot Toys predator from home in a matter of minutes for a cost of $3 or whatever. Never is a strong word ;)

Yeah, that tech is being used right now for Hasbro and Jakks Pacific and look how well it's worked out for them on the resale market. :lol

I don't know about Hasbro and Jakks KOs, but when things can be made exactly like the originals so that they are indistinguishable, and if they can be made cheap enough, I worry about the value of collectibles long term. Transformers collectors already see some problems here due to the sophistication of KOs that are being produced and re-sold as the real deal on eBay. It drives demand for the originals down, which drives down value.

As for the Toys McCoy Indy, I don't know much about that, so I can't comment. There will always be exceptions when you are dealing with collectibles, but I'm sure that comic con exclusives from the 1990s that are no longer in style aren't particularly valuable.

I could be completely wrong about all this, but I am always hesitant to assume that anything that seems great today will seem so in 10 years. Technology is advancing so rapidly, that we can't even really imagine what things are going to be like down the road. Think of how things were (collectibles, entertainment, communication, travel, etc.) back in the 1970s versus today.

Back