Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but really. As long as outfit doesn't matter too much to you (and they're similar), get the Ex. Sarah and buy the good head by itself off the Bay. Then you have an exclusive figure with a good headsculpt as well as the BD T-1000 head. Granted, you may have to pay up to $40 or $50 for the regular head, but it's still less than getting both Sarah figures. Then, when the real T-1000 comes out, you'll be ready for him. You'd have a Sarah with two different heads, and the T-1000 with two different heads. Problem solved, and you didn't even need two of the same character.

No, but really. As long as outfit doesn't matter too much to you (and they're similar), get the Ex. Sarah and buy the good head by itself off the Bay. Then you have an exclusive figure with a good headsculpt as well as the BD T-1000 head. Granted, you may have to pay up to $40 or $50 for the regular head, but it's still less than getting both Sarah figures. Then, when the real T-1000 comes out, you'll be ready for him. You'd have a Sarah with two different heads, and the T-1000 with two different heads. Problem solved, and you didn't even need two of the same character.

That is a good plan...

There's the head ($30-$60), the bangs ($5), the hat ($5), glasses ($10), knife ($5) and Carbine ($10-$15) left to purchase. By the time you pick those up, you're only about $50 shy of the other figure. You'd almost be better off buying both and parting out the bits you don't need on ebay.

There's the head ($30-$60), the bangs ($5), the hat ($5), glasses ($10), knife ($5) and Carbine ($10-$15) left to purchase. By the time you pick those up, you're only about $50 shy of the other figure. You'd almost be better off buying both and parting out the bits you don't need on ebay.

The extra bangs are pretty much already included in most (if not all) headsculpt sales. You make it sound as if you practically need to buy the entire other figure to complete the set. Sure, people may buy some of the other accessories if they want, but there's no reason to get all of them. If they truly wanted those, then yeah, they could've bought the original figure in the first place. This is just an idea for those of us who only have a problem with the new headsculpt.

This guy is still a SDCC item unlike Sarah-1000 and the Iron Man bust. Bummer on those :(

I'll be going and with Sarah-1000 no longer being a SDCC exclusive, that opens me up to snag this guy. So I may be able to help someone if the trade offer is right.

This guy is still a SDCC item unlike Sarah-1000 and the Iron Man bust. Bummer on those :(

I'll be going and with Sarah-1000 no longer being a SDCC exclusive, that opens me up to snag this guy. So I may be able to help someone if the trade offer is right.

Whatcha thinkin' about Willis?

:D

My Lost Pred arrived today. Funny that no matter how much a pain in the ass a figure is to assemble, it still ends up fairly stable. Some stuff broke, but was easily repairable. And IMO, the Lost Predator is gorgeous when you finally get him together in the right pose.

But now... I really hope the Guardian comes assembled. The idea of making even the slightest mistake with a figure that cool/valuable/rare is a little scary...

How do you guys manage to break Preds. Believe me, by now I know how fragile they are, but I have never broken a single one during assembly, and I've had them all. In fact, my first Scar actually broke me. The blades on his right gauntlet were so sharp, I actually cut myself while putting his hand on the peg. That was awesome.:hi5:

^IMO, the leg and thigh armor straps alone were kinda intimidating during my first. looked at the leg...then the straps. i was like :eek:h, hell.:lol

I never had one break on me, but I have to admit that it was very frustrating trying to get Elder Predator 2's shin armor on.

I Had a Lost Pred in the mail on its way but apparently he was crushed, so This guy is my only hope!:panic:

No way! You and I must've bought from the same dude! eBay, right? I ended up getting this one (more available here):

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220619746823

Sure it's $7 more, but this guy means business. Bought it Wednesday, shipped Thursday, got it today.

Honestly, I may have been in a bit of a rush when I put him together. But get this -- the little crotch necklace he has? One of the holes actually snapped in two, so I had to rethread the string through. Krazy Glue is my best friend :).
The figure itself seems fine now and fairly sturdy. But these suckers are so easy to mess around with. I'll be handling the Guardian with care for sure.
The P2 armor just seems like a total pain in the ass for me. I much like their improved P1. Hopefully their newer figs will be more stress-free (not just in the way they arrive, but also how the armor and flexibity is handled).

^^^^ Yeah bro thats for shure, I bet the new generation of hot toys preds will be pretty badass, ht jus keeps getting better. I imagine Predators figures cant be to far behind this guy

Back