Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused, which suit are you referring to that has more gold, the VI?

If so, the VI has less gold than the IV.

How you figure? It looses the gold on the biceps, a tiny bit on the thigh, and the little slats on the rib cage but gains a large amount of gold on the thighs and while it looses the gold on the biceps the rest of the entire upper arm (a larger area than the biceps) is now gold.

How you figure? It looses the gold on the biceps, a tiny bit on the thigh, and the little slats on the rib cage but gains a large amount of gold on the thighs and while it looses the gold on the biceps the rest of the entire upper arm (a larger area than the biceps) is now gold.

You may be right :lol

Aren't they the same body except for the triangular reactor window and the gray parts?

nope the armor breast plate is more flat than im4... and the waist ... all in all the m4 makes it gay i just don't like it just me saying...

too much chit chat too lil pics so this one will have to do for now
43124491.jpg

btw have a Tony Headsculpt with glasses, donut & box up for grabs for $50

oops wrong thread :p

Last edited:
i want to paint all the grey parts of the mark VI gold except for the knees which i want to be red. i just cant wait until hes on my shelf.

Sweet you got the Led stands for your setup, wish I had the $ to do that too:)

I finally decided I'm going to get this one (Mark VI) instead of the MIV, now I can't wait for it to come out, the MIV has got me all hyped up. :panic:
The triangular chest piece has grown on me, and I much prefer the silver highlights and overall colors on this one. Although I don't really care for the BD parts, they are nice if I want to change up the display.
I prefer the flying stand of the Mark IV, might have to get that one from ebay (or the Mech test stand).

Yup, that a new one. Different on battle damage chest and scar on the helmet. Barely see others.

I don't see a difference in that youtube video compared to the screens on most sites. Everything looks the same.

please Feb.. still recovering from IVs and T1 T-800 is coming too. I am starting to cut into the diaper budget

I wouldn't say that but the Mark IV is proving popular. Maybe the VI will jump in popularity when it's released. I did the same thing so you aren't alone. I still don't really care for the design of the Mark IV though.

I believe it is proving popular because there are a lot of collectors who are seeing the redesign even from the BD Mk III. The body parts parted out on eBay are much higher than even War Machine which a whole new sculpt. Trust me, those who miss out especially those who don't have the BD Mk III and just have the old Mk III (because remember some said back then I don't need 2 Mk IIIs in my collection) will regret passing. The differences side by side are astonishing and even next to the BD Mk III, the progression is nice to see from one to the other.

mark 4 is popular due to the new tony stark hs... and the donut... haha but the body is somewhat gay that's why i pass but the mark6 is awesome in everyway.

:lol You do realize that the Mk IV and the MK VI share the same body right? That in the MK VI the interchangable body damage plates and the small retrofittings are there but in reality there isn't much of a difference. Trust me its not the Tony HS that is causing this to go up especially when people are selling it off for $40 here and there, its the redesign.

I would have preferred it if they left off the gray bits and just went with even more gold like this

Originally in the script it was supposed to be a still in process Mark. One being built to replace the Mk IV. That you see on the "slab" throughout the film and Tony was supposed to damage his suit while drunk leading him to grab the unfinished to go and save the Stark Expo hence all of the steel colored parts. I saw conceptuals a while back that even had the mask three toned with steel accents. Obviously it all changed but having the steel pieces doesn't really make sense because nothing really happened to the suit that would require them.

When you say gray though, I believe it's going to be silver.

It shouldn't be but you're probably right.

triangular chest pwns the circular chest.

Meh. Triangular marks don't make much sense in the grand scheme and was a change simply done by Granov just for the sake of it. I'm always a bit partial to the circular but its nice to see a nod to the modern interpretations.

Anyone know the Eta for the Mark VI?

Last I read he is slated for late Q1/early Q2 which places him around March/April. According to the Flex schedule on this Feb 20, 2011 is the last charge date which is usually done right before shipping.

Back