Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you are right it is subjective... but I rank it as my favourite movie of all time, favourite character of all time. That is objective...fact and not opinion. It has been that way since I first watched the film. But i simply did not want the chair...I mean I'm not against the chair and it is great if you got it. I just didn't think I really needed it...I wouldn't display it. I was never ever tempted by it really. But it doesn't take away from how much I adore this character and film.

Yes you are right it is subjective... but I rank it as my favourite movie of all time, favourite character of all time. That is objective...fact and not opinion. It has been that way since I first watched the film. But i simply did not want the chair...I mean I'm not against the chair and it is great if you got it. I just didn't think I really needed it...I wouldn't display it. I was never ever tempted by it really. But it doesn't take away from how much I adore this character and film.

I'm with you, if I only get one Robo figure, no way am I posing him sat down.

For me (as in " in my opinion"), the chair would be more logical with a clean figure with a full Weller head sculpt on it from RC2.

Don't really think the chair adds much to the figure. If it were his car or maybe the shooting gallery that would be cool but a chair? Robocop is known for his dynamic action poses. Sitting him in a chair is a waste of a figure imo.

Last edited:
Sitting your only Batman in the 'cockpit' of the Batmobile is a waste of a figure. Sitting Robocop in that chair isn't. It's an entirely different kettle of fish. He's still completely visible and completely recognisable and it makes a great display. But, if it's your only figure standing action poses will tend to be preferred.

even if someone gave me the chair for free I'd likely never even take it out of the box

People really do seem to have simple needs when it comes to Robocop.

diecast - people don't want
sound features - people don't want
chair - people don't want
accurate BattleDamage states - people don't want (as exemplified by them wanting a Murphy head with this figure when it wouldn't have been accurate)

Robocop 2 & 3 - probably a lot of people don't want

Last edited:
I really don't mind the chair. Flexible display options, why not?

$140 extra? Stinks. But then again how many Robocops do we get per year? Yeah.

Where the **** is the gun holding hand Hot Toys?
Robocop can't (can barely) hold onto his gun. :lol

As for the chair. A single detolf shelf, over head white LED strips + Robo + Chair = Sexiest display I've seen in a long long time. :rock

Yeah, I don't care how it's displayed (and especially not with Robo actually sitting in it... that's really the only time I find the figure looks 'doll like'), it's just not visually interesting to me. I'm generally a sucker for getting anything deluxe or extra with my figure sets, but the chair... meh. My Robo's a doggone killer, not some invalid spazzing in a chair. :lol

I like a variety of display options so I think getting props like tables and chairs is great for your figures.

Saying that, it's where Robocop sleeps and I am not sure why you would display any of your heroes sleeping.

Where the **** is the gun holding hand Hot Toys?
Robocop can't (can barely) hold onto his gun. :lol

As for the chair. A single detolf shelf, over head white LED strips + Robo + Chair = Sexiest display I've seen in a long long time. :rock
Where are your pics, Rorywan?

Yeah, I don't care how it's displayed (and especially not with Robo actually sitting in it... that's really the only time I find the figure looks 'doll like'), it's just not visually interesting to me. I'm generally a sucker for getting anything deluxe or extra with my figure sets, but the chair... meh. My Robo's a doggone killer, not some invalid spazzing in a chair. :lol

I like a variety of display options so I think getting props like tables and chairs is great for your figures.

Saying that, it's where Robocop sleeps and I am not sure why you would display any of your heroes sleeping.

This.

The chair is about as action packed as someone taking a dump. It's where Robocop rests and is recharged, not very interesting or dynamic. Also, you're pretty much limited to one pose since the monitor displays him with his head down in sleep mode. He doesn't look good sitting in it, and his feet don't touch the stand properly. I'd also imagine that the sitting position can't be too good for the rubber on those knees. Parred with the fact that there are decal sticker labels that you have to apply, cheap ass Hasbro/Kenner style, and it's just really a pointless extra.

It's not cheap looking, well it is, just like the original props in the movie.

The detail on it is amazing.

That's whats so cool about it, it really captures that Verhoven painted plywood prop look. Pure 80's. The analogue devices, the tiny buttons and switches, wires, it's great if you are into movie history. Combined with the super slick, reflective Robo it's recalls the movie in a fantastic way. I don't see it as a seat more a background piece, like a dio. I didn't know dio pieces needed to be action packed. You didn't buy it? Good, that's your call. But your arguments why it shouldn't be bought sound pretty lame, it's obvious a love it or loathe it piece, I get a sense from people who didn't buy it, a need to justify that somehow?
Which is stupid as we all have different tastes. I guess it depends on how much you are into classic film design. But calling it dumb/stupid/crap without actually seeing it is dumb/stupid/crap. Chair hater.

And regarding the rubber in the knees, try posing Robo with straight arms, doesn't work, so I'd worry about the elbows first man.

This.

The chair is about as action packed as someone taking a dump. It's where Robocop rests and is recharged, not very interesting or dynamic. Also, you're pretty much limited to one pose since the monitor displays him with his head down in sleep mode. He doesn't look good sitting in it, and his feet don't touch the stand properly. I'd also imagine that the sitting position can't be too good for the rubber on those knees. Parred with the fact that there are decal sticker labels that you have to apply, cheap ass Hasbro/Kenner style, and it's just really a pointless extra.

Where are your pics, Rorywan?

Didn't post any yet man. Been bogged with work and kids.

Last edited:
Back