Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't care for the chair, it's cool, I get it, but I LOVE the chair.

When I look at that chair, I'll always think about Morton's team wheeling it through Metro West as if it owned the place (which it essentially did). And the look on Reed's face, and all the other officers', as they scramble to see what the hell's going on.

And it'll put a smile on my face.

If you don't care for the chair, it's cool, I get it, but I LOVE the chair.

When I look at that chair, I'll always think about Morton's team wheeling it through Metro West as if it owned the place (which it essentially did). And the look on Reed's face, and all the other officers', as they scramble to see what the hell's going on.

And it'll put a smile on my face.

Exactly. It's a dio piece which you can take or leave. I love it too. It captures the movie look and feel perfectly.

Sounds to me like the people that bought it are trying to justify it, not the other way around. :lol

I never thought the chair in the film looked "cheap", you're the first person I've ever seen state that opinion. It was . . . a chair with computer monitors, that's it. It wasn't some "Verhovian, 80's relic juxtaposed with Robocop's aesthetic", it was a ****ing chair! It's not exactly something I would use to describe Robocop. Also, I don't remember those screens and life support monitors being crappy stickers that you'd find on a kid's toy. The metal was also real, not some cheap ass chrome paint Hot Toys has a tendency to overuse (especially on weapons). The whole final product looks chintzy. The way it looks in review videos when the reviewers pick it up makes it even more evident that it's a crappy plastic chair. Bet it weighs as much as a value pack bundle of tooth picks.

Look, I love the prime directives and Johnson's "tastes like baby food" scene (hey, where's the baby food slush machine for an addition $150!?!"). The nightmare he has with his visions of Boddicker is also a great moment in the film. But let's be honest here, the chair isn't what makes those scenes. In reality, this is a cheap, over priced extra that the figure looks ridiculous sitting in. Yes, go on about it being a background dio, but the inclusion of this piece is for Robocop to sit in, and it fails in that regard. It looks about as convincing as a vintage Star Wars figure sitting in a vehicle cockpit. If it works for you, great, use it as a simple background piece. For some of us though, the criticisms against it should be understandable. It's the only aspect that I think is lame about this set. Thank goodness for the single figure option.

I cannot go with you on this Sir Fabio. I'm in complete disagreement with pretty much all of that :lol

Of course, you're an aliens and robots sloot.

image.jpg

Chair! Chair! Chair! Chair!

Fran, you shall open up your set, take the chair out of the box, look at it for a few minutes to make sure nothing is broken, then put it in the same place you put the Enterbay Jetpack . . . back in the box. Not just you, but all collectors.

Meanwhile, the gimmicks that have been criticized the most (electronic voices, holster, etc.) will be utilized and much praised.

The Treaty of Westphalia of 1648.
The Treaty of Paris of 1783.
The Treaty of Versailles of 1919.
The Paris Peace Treaties of 1947.
The Paris Peace Accords of 1973.
The Great Chair Debate of 2014.

I just think the chair is such an uninspiring piece to accompany the figure. It doesn't help that its made with real cheap materials and looks pretty awful also.

I would have preferred something akin to the shooting gallery stand or something like that being included with the figure or maybe even a -piece of ed-209s arm or foot. That would have been awesome. Just saying for the price of the chair we could have gotten something a whole lot better.

Or save the time, R&D and production costs for a Clarence Boddicker figure instead of a stupid chair.

The Treaty of Westphalia of 1648.
The Treaty of Paris of 1783.
The Treaty of Versailles of 1919.
The Paris Peace Treaties of 1947.
The Paris Peace Accords of 1973.
The Great Chair Debate of 2014.

Don't you mean the great chair debacle of 2014 :lol

Fran, you shall open up your set, take the chair out of the box, look at it for a few minutes to make sure nothing is broken, then put it in the same place you put the Enterbay Jetpack . . . back in the box. Not just you, but all collectors.

Meanwhile, the gimmicks that have been criticized the most (electronic voices, holster, etc.) will be utilized and much praised.

Well, that's not fair. EB Never really gave the option, otherwise I don't think a single thinking human would've gotten the jet pack.

People say that the "interrogation" scene in TDK is memorable. Might just be. But I sold the chair and backdrop because those were cheap looking to me too. And didn't really add anything imo. Apples and oranges, yes. But it shows clearly that "to each its own" applies. I don't have it in hand, I haven't seen a single review yet. I don't know how the chair feels. If it doesn't do anything for me, I'm sure I can sell it later, like I did with:

Selina Kyle EX BatCowl
1/4 HT Bats "villain masks"
Joker chair and backdrop

Sure, those came without a $140 premium, but whatever.

Back