Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's not fair. EB Never really gave the option, otherwise I don't think a single thinking human would've gotten the jet pack.

People say that the "interrogation" scene in TDK is memorable. Might just be. But I sold the chair and backdrop because those were cheap looking to me too. And didn't really add anything imo. Apples and oranges, yes. But it shows clearly that "to each its own" applies. I don't have it in hand, I haven't seen a single review yet. I don't know how the chair feels. If it doesn't do anything for me, I'm sure I can sell it later, like I did with:

Selina Kyle EX BatCowl
1/4 HT Bats "villain masks"
Joker chair and backdrop

Sure, those came without a $140 premium, but whatever.

Oh man, I ****ing hated those 1/4 masks.

Sounds to me like the people that bought it are trying to justify it, not the other way around. :lol

I never thought the chair in the film looked "cheap", you're the first person I've ever seen state that opinion. It was . . . a chair with computer monitors, that's it. It wasn't some "Verhovian, 80's relic juxtaposed with Robocop's aesthetic", it was a ****ing chair! It's not exactly something I would use to describe Robocop. Also, I don't remember those screens and life support monitors being crappy stickers that you'd find on a kid's toy. The metal was also real, not some cheap ass chrome paint Hot Toys has a tendency to overuse (especially on weapons). The whole final product looks chintzy. The way it looks in review videos when the reviewers pick it up makes it even more evident that it's a crappy plastic chair. Bet it weighs as much as a value pack bundle of tooth picks.

Look, I love the prime directives and Johnson's "tastes like baby food" scene (hey, where's the baby food slush machine for an addition $150!?!"). The nightmare he has with his visions of Boddicker is also a great moment in the film. But let's be honest here, the chair isn't what makes those scenes. In reality, this is a cheap, over priced extra that the figure looks ridiculous sitting in. Yes, go on about it being a background dio, but the inclusion of this piece is for Robocop to sit in, and it fails in that regard. It looks about as convincing as a vintage Star Wars figure sitting in a vehicle cockpit. If it works for you, great, use it as a simple background piece. For some of us though, the criticisms against it should be understandable. It's the only aspect that I think is lame about this set. Thank goodness for the single figure option.

That time of the month Fab?
:lol

I have been aware of Verhoven's design aesthetic for years before this came out. Blocky, painted grey with lots of switches and wires, cheap and unsophisticated, it completely says low budget 80's sci-fi to me, because it was, they spent all their cash elsewhere, which is why yes the combination of the beautiful suit juxtaposed with this, perfectly captures the movies spirit for me. You don't like it, thats your call mate, but don't say it's pointless or dumb. It certainly isn't to me and quite a lot of other 80's movie fans I'd wager.

Call in sick, send the kids to daycare and take some pics! :p
I tried to take some with my iPhone a few minutes ago to shut Fab up. They are a bit crap but show what a grail this set is (for me anyway). Much cooler than the figure on it's own. But for those that want that they have that option. Post 'em once they are uploaded

Last edited:
The anger over a chair that no one's forcing you to buy! May I suggest one of these?

fainting-couch.jpg

The chair is nice, not really cheap looking, looks the part to me and its also nice they gave the option, if you like it great, it not they got you covered so its really just a matter of choice. To me it a great diorama and makes for a cool display, only issue is if you buy it, that a detolf shelf, nothing really should be crammed in there to display along side it. Only issue I have with it is not due to the chair itself, its Robocop, he has rubber elbows and knees so I'm not inclined to pose him sitting in it as that may ruin the joints overtime:(

attachment.php

The way it looks in review videos when the reviewers pick it up makes it even more evident that it's a crappy plastic chair. Bet it weighs as much as a value pack bundle of tooth picks.
Oh.. and it has metal parts DiFabio. It has a considerable weight and sturdiness to it.

I sense much chair-hate in you. :lol

Last edited:
Looks nice, except for the "dumb", craptastic chair. Might as well be a blurry cardboard background photo of it. Why is the monitor showing him asleep with his head tilted down when he's up, standing, gun in hand? :lol

Robocop himself looks straight from the film though. Excellent lighting.

There is nothing pointless or dumb about this. Quick pics.
Looks great, especially that third picture. :clap The chair makes for a great backdrop but not something I would pay $125 extra for.

When is SSC shipping this guy.. :sleep

Looks nice, except for the "dumb", craptastic chair. Might as well be a blurry cardboard background photo of it. Why is the monitor showing him asleep with his head tilted down when he's up, standing, gun in hand? :lol

Robocop himself looks straight from the film though. Excellent lighting.

You would recognise "dumb and craptastic" as you yourself are dumb and craptastic. Chair-hater. Save your dollars, no need to be angry, one day you can get Robo a chair.

796965b13c88c2a66f35a2248daa07a7.jpg

I posted that with a **** eating grin, not a puffy, teary eyed baby blubbering face.

I ordered both versions of these bad boys . I got have one sitting in the chair and one standing pose.

Back