Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that including variants of the same character?

There's this huge thread on this board dedicated to MOTU. Mattel has been selling the figures for the past five years via subscriptions, so you're pretty much at the company's mercy.

There are a handful of He-Men and Skeletors but the rest are pretty much unique characters, although many of them share parts. Then there are the creatures, the vehicles, Castle Grayskull, etc. It's crazy.

I got my He-Man, waiting for reissues of main characters like Skeletor, Beast Man and the like.

There's this huge thread on this board dedicated to MOTU. Mattel has been selling the figures for the past five years via subscriptions, so you're pretty much at the company's mercy.

There are a handful of He-Men and Skeletors but the rest are pretty much unique characters, although many of them share parts. Then there are vehicles, Castle GreySkull, etc.

Oh yeah forgot about them. Mattels 80's ones didn't really look like the ones in the cartoons.

Well since he has so little DC parts how heavy is the figure?

A-Dev said that its quite heavy for what is on there and that, if they did full DC it would way a whole lot, so its best they didn't. Guess you've been spending to much time over at the EB Robo, thread to read his posts? :monkey3

Great pics as always paramoremc,the figure looks very realistic, as the suit looks like real armor. :clap

I just wish it came this color instead of having to resort to blue LED lighting. :thud:

BTW is the face plate pushed all the way up into the helment as there seems to be quite a bit of space between the helmet and mouth, where the nose should be. :dunno

Thats why some figure's maybe shouldn't be shot so up close you'll start to notice that stuff, I think he doesn't even have a nose kinda like the EB so thats why it looks weird.

Thats why some figure's maybe shouldn't be shot so up close you'll start to notice that stuff, I think he doesn't even have a nose kinda like the EB so thats why it looks weird.

Whether it is close or not there is just too much space between the mouth and helmet, which looks more noticeable than on EBs one.

DSC_1152_zps71ccf4e0.jpg
image.jpg

Which neck do you prefer?

For now, if we are talking sculpts, then Hot Toys BD trumps all. Plus Hot Toys seems more to scale, EB just looks weird you can't turn the neck and I assume the arm since its all remote control? I'll never know since I don't plan on ever owning anything EB.

Not to mention Hot Toy's figure is based on the best of the franchise not the worst like EB.

Hands u a *flame shield*, good luck :chase

For now, if we are talking sculpts, then Hot Toys BD trumps all. Plus Hot Toys seems more to scale, EB just looks weird you can't turn the neck and I assume the arm since its all remote control? I'll never know since I don't plan on ever owning anything EB.

Not to mention Hot Toy's figure is based on the best of the franchise not the worst like EB.

Aren't all the EB mouthplates Weller?

yeah the price and the gimmicks kept me away from the EB robo, which is too bad cuz it does look impressive.
I like rc3 fine but at that price I had to say no and at the time I wanted robo to be in scale with ED (RIP).

Won't franpincho own both? I'd love to see a detailed comparison, in both pics and vid form.

Yeah that's why I said I am looking forward to his review in the EB thread.

That's just the resin proto though, look how the face plates turned out on this production piece. The proto face plates were totally Weller whereas these ones could be anyone.

However, going by Hot Toys latest pieces like Winter Solider, the final product of the BD head sculpt and police Weller head sculpts will most likely end up looking pretty much the same.

That might be the case but EBs one looks more like Weller.

I don't know....
I'm a huge robo fan but in the end I went with HT and not EB. I saw the reviews and it seemed a bit cheaper on the material side of things..
The price is way too much and I wouldn't pay to have that jet pack. I don't know...I like this HT robocop more, never having had the EB in hand (or the HT robo yet ahha). I have had a great experience with my HT and SS SW figures....so I went with what I know.
Go Robo!!!!

Its ok I can take care of myself especially against some EB fanboys, go look back a couple pages I almost fought the whole lot in this thread :monkey3

U can take care of yourself? You act like people are physically attacking you I am sorry but that's one of the stupidest post i have ever read here on freaks. Grow up!

Oh and BTW just because some of us think the EB looks more like Weller doesn't mean we prefer EBs over Hot Toys. For what it is worth I think Hot Toys one is better overall but EBs one looks more like Weller IMO.

Except they are pretty much identical, there's nothing less 'weller' about the HT one. The below picture prove that

On that angle it does, but I think EBs one looks more like Weller from front on.

Back