Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday. Beautiful of course. I'll try to take pics this weekend, but I will say regarding the dome, while i don't like that it is rubber, man does it reflect the light nicely.

Got mine yesterday. Beautiful of course. I'll try to take pics this weekend, but I will say regarding the dome, while i don't like that it is rubber, man does it reflect the light nicely.

Totally agree with you. I love the way the dome looks.

I feel like there's some new detail I find every time I look at this guy. He's really an amazing piece of work. Even my wife is impressed and that's saying something! :lol

IMAG1674.jpg

Just got this piece this morning. It's really the ultimate 1/6 ED209 collectible. I think the only way HT can top this version and charge double again with the next release again would be to make it fully RC-controlled with launchable missiles and BB bullets :) I do wish the MSRP was about $100 less..that would've been a sweet spot.

It also fits in the Detolf for those of you who can't spring for new display cabinets. Height and width are fine but depth is an issue- the gun arms have to droop down. I think I can get it upright a bit more if I extend the legs.

IMAG1675.jpg

Great Five Star Stories Mortar Headds jlyc!!! I'd love to see more of that collection.

You have a sharp eye and good taste!

Ask and you shall receive :) I actually had to vacate some motorheads to make room for the ED209.

Sorry for the digression for other folks....is there a FSS thread on this board?

CIMG3358_zpsde0cb185.jpg
CIMG3334_zps324db23e.jpg
CIMG3329_zpsdece6201.jpg
CIMG3328_zps52896478.jpg

I am already planning the base as we speak...
The question right now, is how many steps would you guys like to see on this base ?
Obviously the more steps, the taller this base would be.

At the moment, I am planning to do the part where ED-209 will be standing on and the 5 steps down. That way, people can see the implication of the flight of stairs, but without getting this base way too tall.

It will also have a metal support to hold the weight of ED-209, so it will be sturdy and not gonna collapse once you put ED-209 on it.

:D

Put this in the Robocop thread originally and didn't realize it :lol

Got Ed.

3163rlz.jpg

8z44ut.jpg

14mf144.jpg

28inskx.jpg

330qpzc.jpg

b4c2li.jpg

2zzhlpu.jpg

rrpfrd.jpg

It's quite an impressive piece, and when the legs are extended it looks huge. Took awhile to figure out how to extend them. Overall I'm more than happy with it.

Although, does anyone else's dome have a weird line on it like this? I'm debating keeping it, or trying to get a replacement. I mean it's invisible in some light, but it sorta bugs me.

2cr7huu.jpg

Also, are the screw caps on the legs supposed to look like they are leaking black paint? I saw someone else's ED have the same thing. You can see it in the first picture I posted.

Pretty sure that "line" is in the dome mold. Mine has it as well. If you look back in the thread others have it too. The leaking oil is a paint app.

I'm getting close to sending my decals off to the printer. When I have them in hand, I'll post a sales thread and drop a link to it here.
Like I do with all the decals I sell, I am making an illustrated tutorial on how and where to apply them, and how to seal them, for those who might not have experience with waterslide decals.
In the meantime, I suggest all interested people right-ckick the following images, download them full-size, and put them in a folder. Then you can use the windows 'slideshow' feature, and see what your ED will look like before and after the decals are applied, and exactly where to apply them. Start the slideshow and immediately hit the space bar to pause; then you can use the left and right arrow keys to go back and forth. It's kind of a cool effect. Enjoy!
01 - BEFORE (outside both legs).JPG
02 - AFTER (outside both legs).JPG
02b - ALTERNATE OPTION .JPG
03 - BEFORE (inside right leg).JPG
04 - AFTER (inside right leg).JPG
05 - BEFORE (inside left leg).JPG
06 - AFTER (inside left leg).JPG
07 - BEFORE (right elbow).JPG
08 - AFTER (right elbow).JPG

Last edited:
Awesome Pliss! I wonder if you people live in a mansion, having space for all of these. :lol

:lol I'm basically in the poor house because of this addiction. I'm actually beyond out of room at this point and more than likely stuff will need to be boxed up in place of better things I've gotten.

Back